Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MVP over last five games...

Started by brewerhog, January 07, 2009, 11:34:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brewerhog

I think it is obvious that Mike Washington has been our most valuable player over the last 5 games. However, I am gonna go out on a limb and give my runner-up vote to Marcus Monk. He is an incredible lift coming off the bench and it seems like he was the team leader from day one. Brandon Moore and Andre Clark are good, but young. It was obvious last night that when Washington is out Monk saves the day. I just think we would be in big trouble if we didn't have his outstanding defense and court prescence coming off of the bench.  :razorback: So glad to have him back.

silvertip

Well, I don't have time to research, BUT I think Monk has only played in 4 games & the first, vs Northwestern St, he played 9 min & had 2 points. Agree, tho, that Monk has been a great addition & will keep getting better.

I'll put in a vote for Stefan Welsh. I think he belongs in the same sentence as Fortson & Washington as far as MVP.

eathill5

Quote from: brewerhog on January 07, 2009, 11:34:12 am
I think it is obvious that Mike Washington has been our most valuable player over the last 5 games. However, I am gonna go out on a limb and give my runner-up vote to Marcus Monk. He is an incredible lift coming off the bench and it seems like he was the team leader from day one. Brandon Moore and Andre Clark are good, but young. It was obvious last night that when Washington is out Monk saves the day. I just think we would be in big trouble if we didn't have his outstanding defense and court prescence coming off of the bench.  :razorback: So glad to have him back.

Hard to go wrong with Washington but Welsh has been on fire.  Without either we don't win both those games.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

al2305

Hard to argue with Washington as MVP, love monk and what a mature and smart player he is which doesnt show up on the stat sheet, Walsh, the way he locked down Abrams, and takes control when Fortson is on the bench.  Even though Fortson makes his freshman mistakes, without him Washington doesnt get the ball in position to get the baskets he's been getting.  I think its just a team effort where everyone seems to be doing the little things to help us win.  BTW, whens the last time we had two players improve as much as Washington and Walsh, i have to credit the coach for that one, he gets the most out of these players.  I will be thankful for every year we get to keep him here.

cobra kai

Quote from: al2305 on January 07, 2009, 01:33:45 pm
Hard to argue with Washington as MVP, love monk and what a mature and smart player he is which doesnt show up on the stat sheet, Walsh, the way he locked down Abrams, and takes control when Fortson is on the bench.  Even though Fortson makes his freshman mistakes, without him Washington doesnt get the ball in position to get the baskets he's been getting.  I think its just a team effort where everyone seems to be doing the little things to help us win.  BTW, whens the last time we had two players improve as much as Washington and Walsh, i have to credit the coach for that one, he gets the most out of these players.  I will be thankful for every year we get to keep him here.

who is this 'walsh' player you speak of?

upperdeck_hawg

no, it all starts with courtney fortson. if the stan heath era taught us anything, it is that a college basketball team goes only as far as your point guard. stan failed to recruit one decent pg in 5 years and look what that got him.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

al2305

Yeah, I think his name should be Walsh, dont put me in any spelling Bs