Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Depth concerns

Started by GeneKeadysRug, January 07, 2009, 09:47:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneKeadysRug

pel's style of play seems to suit most of the players, esp. fortson and washington, but lack of depth should be a concern. monk was a great addition to the team. if this team gets in foul trouble on the road, its gonna be a problem.

pitbull1

This year that might be tough, but that will be taken care of next year.

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: GeneKeadysRug on January 07, 2009, 09:47:00 am
pel's style of play seems to suit most of the players, esp. fortson and washington, but lack of depth should be a concern. monk was a great addition to the team. if this team gets in foul trouble on the road, its gonna be a problem.
Keep winning and the talent for depth will come

cmiller01

Would love to add Ferrakohn Hall to this recruiting class.

OneLardAlmighty

This is especially true in the size department.  But I'm hoping Moore will be able to give us a few good minutes and the Henry will be able to give us a spark once his knee is 100% and he gets back in the groove.  With Britt subbing in and off w/ Rotnei, that would give us a rotation of 9 if I count right.  Not ideal but serviceable.

Beaverfever

Our depth would be ok if some young guys start stepping up.  Right now our regular rotation only includes fort, britt, welsh, clarke, monk, sanchez, wash.  Moore and Henry are playing a bit but not in crunch time.  The 7 players I mentioned are all solid in that I don't feel scared with any of them on the floor.  If we can turn that 7 number into about 9 we'll be doing fine.  Hopefully out of Henry, Moore, and Clark at least 2 of those guys can become non-liabilities on the court by the end of the year. 

jschulte

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 07, 2009, 10:12:20 am
Our depth would be ok if some young guys start stepping up.  Right now our regular rotation only includes fort, britt, welsh, clarke, monk, sanchez, wash.  Moore and Henry are playing a bit but not in crunch time.  The 7 players I mentioned are all solid in that I don't feel scared with any of them on the floor.  If we can turn that 7 number into about 9 we'll be doing fine.  Hopefully out of Henry, Moore, and Clark at least 2 of those guys can become non-liabilities on the court by the end of the year. 

Well moore has been playing great on defense, and he was more confident last night on offense (remember that take from the free throw line).  He is just taking a little more time than um... fortson.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jschulte on January 07, 2009, 10:56:06 am
Well moore has been playing great on defense, and he was more confident last night on offense (remember that take from the free throw line).  He is just taking a little more time than um... fortson.
I know, you could almost say he is part of the regular rotation, his defense is pretty solid, his offense is still a little spotty, but then again so is Sanchez's. 

HogNuttz

Our players, bench and all, play fairly smart and within their limits for the most part.  This will help us hide our lack of depth/talent/youth.  I actually think Heath's last team or two and our team last year was probably more talented, but as someone once told me, it's better to be a moderately intelligent man and know your limits as opposed to being a genius but not know what you're capable of and what you're not capable of.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.