Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welsh 20pts, 0TO--Britt 4 steals, Monk 3 steals--stats of the game

Started by Piglet Dispersion Syndrome, January 07, 2009, 09:18:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Welsh impressed me most last night, because I have doubted his ability.  He played the point without Fortson and still had 0 turnovers.  He is hitting clutch shots and shut down Abrams for most of the night.  Britt and Monk stepped up big defensively as well with big steals.  Fortson and Washington, well you just expect those guys to produce, and they did in the second half.

WoooooooPigggggSooooooooooooooooooooooieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

jschulte

I'm sorry -- I know plenty will hate me for this... but Welsh was much more of a leader last night than Fortson (previous nights are obviously debatable).  Both Welsh and Britt are frequently overlooked.

booogaga

Quote from: jschulte on January 07, 2009, 09:42:14 am
I'm sorry -- I know plenty will hate me for this... but Welsh was much more of a leader last night than Fortson (previous nights are obviously debatable).  Both Welsh and Britt are frequently overlooked.
i agree. in the first half fortson showed us that he is still a freshman. but i would still rather have him on the court he was just in foul trouble and couldnt be as aggressive on defense. if it was not for welsh stepping in last night in a big way we would have not won the game. he played great...
GO HOGS!

Beaverfever

Welsh really started coming into his own last night.  Yeah we've seen get hot and hit a bunch of 3 pointers but last night he grew up.  When fortson and wash were on the bench Welsh stepped up and started getting into the lane and creating things.  He looked like a much more complete player than he ever has before in his Hog career. 

Jdub

Player of the game - Micheal Washington.
Welch a very close second.

want2be

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 07, 2009, 10:05:47 am
Welsh really started coming into his own last night.  Yeah we've seen get hot and hit a bunch of 3 pointers but last night he grew up.  When fortson and wash were on the bench Welsh stepped up and started getting into the lane and creating things.  He looked like a much more complete player than he ever has before in his Hog career. 

Welsh proved he can step up when needed.....I was suprised at this tempo when Forston was out......This team has some unique chemistry and makes up for their youth.

demonHOG1013

Welsh in my opinion was by far and away the player of the game.  The job he did at shutting down Abrams was enough in itself, but he stepped up and ran the point when fortson was obiviously struggling.  He hit some big shots, and took care of the basketball.  The win was a total team effort, Washington played great, Fortson played a great second half, but with out the defense of Stefan Welsh we dont beat texas.

returntoglory

I think people are overlooking Britt as well. That kid came down on a Texas Fast break and just ripped it out of the guys hand. He was outstanding. They kept talking about how good Texas' d was, but ours looked just as good in my opinion.