Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was the final 30 seconds yesterday the loudest ever at BWA?

Started by Pigonometry, January 07, 2009, 08:11:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigonometry

I've been to a lot of games over the last 15 years and it seemed like it was to me.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

dacskc

I was screaming as loud as I could and couldn't hear myself...so I say yes!

CPL HOG

I have been to a lot of games if that was not the loudest to dont know what game would have been

jst01

I agree. It got to another level at the end of the game.  It was so loud that you really couldnt hear yells and screams anymore, it just made my ears kinda ring and sounded like a loud roar. Great sound!

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DeltaBoy

That is what the Bud Dome was designed for to be a Noise Amplification Machine like Barnhouse was.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michaelt

I can only comment from what we heard on the telecast, as we weren't there in person, but thinking back, that run in the first minutes of the first half, the crowd went completely nuts, for a few minutes...
that roar sounded more boisterous than the one at the end of the game; but the end of the game was very loud as well...

Kudo's for those who were at BWA last night!! Way to support our Razorbacks in person while those of us who couldn't make it were supporting from home.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

The Marmot

Quote from: razorfront on January 07, 2009, 08:42:19 am
Honestly - no.  It was loud and it was great and the loudest it has been in a long time but if you weren't there during the 1994 - 95 years you don't know what loud is.  Every game was that loud and more  :o

Agreed.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Pigonometry

Honestly - no.  It was loud and it was great and the loudest it has been in a long time but if you weren't there during the 1994 - 95 years you don't know what loud is.  Every game was that loud and more  :o

I was there a lot in those days --- but it's been so long maybe I just don't remember.  I do remember the Super Bowl sunday game against Kentucky in 1995 being very loud.
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

40MINSOFHELL

1999..Derek Hood monster dunk, the crowd went nuts against the #2 Auburn

RAISE THE ROOF ARKANSAS!!!!

Arazorbackguy1

Last night had to be as loud or louder than 1999 vs aub and ky
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

razorback4ever

Quote from: Pigonometry on January 07, 2009, 09:09:03 am
I was there a lot in those days --- but it's been so long maybe I just don't remember.  I do remember the Super Bowl sunday game against Kentucky in 1995 being very loud.

That Kentucky game was probably the loudest Bud Walton ever was, although the Blowout victory in 94 against Missouri was right there. When Scotty Thurman hit that late basket to seal the win, the place was just nuts. I was yelling as loud as I could to the guy next to me, and he couldn't hear me. There have been other games but those two come to mind immediately as a measuring stick.
Last night's game was awesome and a good start back to what Arkansas Basketball home games are supposed to be.
Bring back the Noise Meter and it will rock like Barnhill did in it's heyday.

Rayzback

Loudest? I do have some great memories from last night. One was looing over and seeing some poor woman a few seats over covering her ears..still cheering.

The other was getting into the mass of people leaving BWA, we happened to surround a small group of Texas fans also trying to leave... nobody was moving...we called the hogs...they knew why..

And all the fans calling the Hogs outside while walking to the parking lot..

Great Game....
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Super Hog

Great, great crowd last night, but the 1999 Auburn game is still the loudest that I have heard at BWA.

ballhog™

Quote from: Super Hog on January 07, 2009, 10:22:24 am
Great, great crowd last night, but the 1999 Auburn game is still the loudest that I have heard at BWA.

I wasn't able to be there last night, but I've had season tickets since BWA opened and that Auburn game was the loudes I have ever heard it in person.  It did sound loud last night though.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

MJ4H

I remember one segment of the 93 Missouri game (pretty sure it was before New Year back then since it was the first nationally televised game in BWA) where it was loud during a timeout, like REALLY loud, and then for some weird reason, it just escalated and got RIDICULOUSLY loud.  I remember looking at the guy next to me and our eyes just got bigger as this energy just started flowing and we started yelling louder and louder and jumping up and down.  Craziest thing I can remember, and I went to every home game until about 99. 

Hogpuddin

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 07, 2009, 10:11:30 am

Quote from: ballhog on January 07, 2009, 10:27:11 am
I wasn't able to be there last night, but I've had season tickets since BWA opened and that Auburn game was the loudes I have ever heard it in person.  It did sound loud last night though.

Man, 1999?  Has it been that long?  Yep.  Oh how time flies.  That was a great night.  Unfortunately I was unable to make that game, but I did catch it on television.

However, as I mentioned somewhere else, I had an Air Force buddy there and he said it (the Auburn game) was the loudest thing that he had ever heard in his life, including the jets that he "monitored" (whatever that means) during his service.  I don't know how close I would put my ear up to a jet engine though.   :)

Hawgrox

Quote from: Hogpuddin on January 07, 2009, 11:15:38 am
Man, 1999?  Has it been that long?  Yep.  Oh how time flies.  That was a great night.  Unfortunately I was unable to make that game, but I did catch it on television.

However, as I mentioned somewhere else, I had an Air Force buddy there and he said it (the Auburn game) was the loudest thing that he had ever heard in his life, including the jets that he "monitored" (whatever that means) during his service.  I don't know how close I would put my ear up to a jet engine though.   :)

That Auburn game is the loudest that I had ever heard from TV standpoint. There was one sequence where Derek Hood blocked a shot, someone picked up the ball (Gibson maybe) and started a break...hitting a SOARING Brandon Dean for an alley-oop that absolutely blew the roof off the place...I wish I would have been at that one...

phadedhawg

I watched that Auburn game on TV and was just blown away by the crowd.  At one point I remember thinking "there is no way the building could handle anymore" just as Hood made a monster dunk...apparently they built Bud Walton pretty sturdy bc the rafters didn't come down after all. 

Rzback

Do they still have the sound level meter that Robkin used to use? I think that was awesome and cause people to try to be a little louder to make it max out. I miss him and his hogwild band leadership.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Chris Ryan

Just watched the woopig video on youtube. It is insane how the crowd kicks it up a notch when Fortson comes down with the rebound from Texas's last shot, and it gets even louder when Welsh puts in the final two. I got goosebumps listening to it with my headphones on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T-Pqusauo

Oklahawg

That was the loudest for me as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 07, 2009, 10:11:30 am

Easily the loudest moment ever at BWA.

Simple Swineman

January 07, 2009, 11:50:45 am #23 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:58:49 am by Simple Swineman
Quote from: HogFanInVolLand on January 07, 2009, 11:30:55 am
Just watched the woopig video on youtube. It is insane how the crowd kicks it up a notch when Fortson comes down with the rebound from Texas's last shot, and it gets even louder when Welsh puts in the final two. I got goosebumps listening to it with my headphones on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36T-Pqusauo

Throughout the entire game I didn't think the crowd was all that good by the standard set in the mid-90s, but I would be willing to bet that the decibel level has never been higher at a single moment than when Fortson got that rebound and threw it out to Welsh for the lay in.

The loudest game from beginning to end is a toss up between the Louisville game in 1996 (nobody talks about that one because we lost) and the Auburn game in 1999.

claycohog

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on January 07, 2009, 11:34:01 am
Easily the loudest moment ever at BWA.
Yep, very loud that night.  I was in attendance the 99 Auburn game and this years Sooner game, Clarke's 3 to put us up 25 against OU was close to being as loud as Auburn game.  Last night the last 8 seconds had to be close or better than these 2 occasions and I wasn't even at the game.  SUPER, SUPER loud on TV.

hawgfan80

The 1999 Auburn game was the loudest for me. Last night was way up toward the top of the list, though. It was a GREAT crowd!

Mardi Hog Gras

I've been to pretty much every game at BWA since it opened. '99 Auburn was by far the loudest. They were ranked #2. The guy above is right. There was a sequence of a Hood dunk, a Joe Dean Davenport block that led to a Brandon Dean dunk that was literally deafining. Total Chaos. I almost passed out from jumping up and down so much. I remember going back and watching tape afterwards and that was the point Tim Brando said "Raise the Roof Arkansas!" Still gives me chills watching it.

OU was louder over a longer period of time than Texas games last night. But end was louder last night than OU game.

So glad the great crowds are back. Hope there is many more this year not just for UK, Ole Miss, LSU and Tenn but all games!!

Go Hogs! Beat State!

HUNGRYHAWG

josh_sec33

I can attest to this. It was that loud every night...every game...and louoder when UK or Bama came in.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

demonHOG1013

it never got quiet during the 93-94, 94-95 seasons.  I remember trying to get tickets outside the bud for the Superbowl Sunday Kentucky game.  It was snowing and freezing a$$ cold.  No one had any tickets for sale, and we were there early too.  Finally, once the game tipped off the usher at the door let us in for free.  That was the loudest game i have ever been to.

HoginHouston

In case anyone missed the monster jam in 1999, here it is. It sounds pretty doggone loud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTd6f5yxYj8
Go Hogs Go.

ballhog™

Hood gets the rebound, starts the break, passes and then gets the oop for the dunk.  That was some kind of want to.  I think Hood is the best fast break finisher I can remember...
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

demonHOG1013

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Hawgvillain

I was at the Auburn game in '99.  I have never before walked into a game where I was absolutely convinced - based on the crowd alone - that there was no way the Hogs were going to lose.  It was like Fayetteville High could have taken the court that day and beaten the #2 ranked team in the country.

I wasn't there last night - but if we are getting to the point where we are comparing the games - we must be doing something right...