Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lots of praise from the UK board!

Started by Snoop Hoggy Hog, January 06, 2009, 11:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodLuckGus

January 06, 2009, 11:12:53 pm #1 Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:16:30 pm by GoodLuckGus
Wow... a ton of respect.  But I think UK fans in general appreciate good basketball and, of course, they love Pelphrey.

awj81

LSPRazorbac

Yeah when Billy G is gone.

I think Pelphrey will be on a lot of their wishlists.

COCHISE

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on January 06, 2009, 11:14:58 pm
Yeah when Billy G is gone.

I think Pelphrey will be on a lot of their wishlists.
He's on them now.  ;)

aristotle

UK has always had class. Everytime I have ever visited their board, they have class.

Brand X Hog Fan

Nice things being said over there and I agree with this: It is time for Arkansas and Kentucky to again rise to the top of their divisions. I have always respected Kentucky's program. The Richardson-Petino wars were epic. Plus, we have the same mortal enemies in Tennessee, Bama and Florida.

SEC basketball is fun again!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

clew

There are at least 10 posts over there complimenting the Hogs and our fans.  Classy bunch.
Pure as the dawn

RedSatinHog

There is even a thread where several of their posters are saying BWA is a better arena than Rupp.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hawgsav1

Quote from: RanSolo on January 06, 2009, 11:26:26 pm
rupp vs. BWA thread... they like BWA

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=123023150&mid=123023150&sid=888&style=2

Wow...they must not be paying attention.  I agree Bud Walton gets loud during big games, but it's pretty dead during ho hum matchups.  BWA is like the Robert Horry of basketball arenas.  Do nothing for most of the season, but during the big games it comes alive.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 06, 2009, 11:51:18 pm
Wow...they must not be paying attention.  I agree Bud Walton gets loud during big games, but it's pretty dead during ho hum matchups.  BWA is like the Robert Horry of basketball arenas.  Do nothing for most of the season, but during the big games it comes alive.
They are saying room for room I think.  Its our job to fill our kick arse arena.  And BWA is alot better than Rupp, I went last year.  Its like a huuuuuge high school gym.  BWA is VERY classy in comparison.

DeltaBoy

I have followed UK before we came into the SEC and they are all class.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogK

Wow, some class over on the Kentucky boards.  Can you imagine TexASS fans ever saying something similar to this:

Re: Hogs are for real ! Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hawg" fans are some of the most intelligent and fun fans to engage with when they come over. Much mutual respect for them and from them.

Arkansas took a chance on Big Red and he's really looking like a great fit for them. That's a tight knit, young talented team who likes each other and plays hard for thier coach

Tomhog™

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 06, 2009, 11:51:18 pm

It wasn't like that in 94, 95, and 96.  I was there at every home game.  What a ruckus the fans raised, even against exhibition teams.  The Hogs keep putting forth games like they have, it will return that way again soon.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 06, 2009, 11:48:20 pm
There is even a thread where several of their posters are saying BWA is a better arena than Rupp.

Well, it is.  If you have been to Rupp, it's not much of an argument.  The place is an outdated convention center (that's not a slight, that's what it is), BWA is a modern arena.  Rupp seats a few thousand more, but with the architectural design it's not as loud.  I imagine with KY's obsession with basketball, major updates or a new arena is surely to come.  The thing is over 30 years old