Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just how good are these Hogs?

Started by Pig Power, January 06, 2009, 10:36:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Can they make some noise in the Post-Season?

Collapse-Too young?
1 (1.4%)
NIT?
2 (2.9%)
NCAA?
66 (95.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pig Power

I really love the chemistry and DNA of this team. Can they handle success and find consistency throughout the long season?

Lake City Hog

I think we continue to get better as the season progresses, we will take a step back every now and then. I think Jason Henry and Monk will be big pluses towards the end of the season.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Sow’sEar

I still think they may  struggle in the conference, particularly on the road.  However, after seeing them step up against two national powers, I can see them going 10-6 in the conference.  That would put them at 22-7.  That would be worth a 4 or 5 seed in March.  WPS

Niels Boar

What's so impressive about the sweep of OU and Texas is how different the games were.  We ran past OU and then outslugged Texas in a street fight, winning despite a flawed performance that was uphill for 75% of the game.

Pig Power

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 06, 2009, 10:46:38 pm
What's so impressive about the sweep of OU and Texas is how different the games were.  We ran past OU and then outslugged Texas in a street fight, winning despite a flawed performance that was uphill for 75% of the game.
Agree Boar.... Winning the ugly brawl game against Texas to me was more impresssive than the OU game

NEAHawgfan

I totally agree. Winning 67-61 shows that we can play with anybody, any pace.....at least at home. We are very young, and we'll take a few lumps in conference. BUT, with two top 10 victories (1 top 5) our resume is already sparkling as long as we can win 10 conference games. We could easily be a top 4 seed in the tournament, and we could easily be an 8 or 9, but at this point to say we're not an NCAA team is laughable. Time will tell however.......we are just SO YOUNG. It's good to be young and talented again. Thank you Pel.

want2be

It appears they play hard as the underdog at home....We will have to wait and see how they play as the hunted on the road. They also tend to play to the level of their competition...but saying all that I think we will wind up with 22 wins and we can make some noise in the NCAA...Let's hope we peak at the right time.

bdubhog

I think the one thing we lack is another big man. Sanchez does what he does but, I think a team with big front lines could hurt us if Washington was to be hurt or have to sit for extended time with foul trouble. We overcame it last night but, I think that may be something that hurts us in future games.

HotlantaHog

They didn't play well vs Texas and still won.

Fortson and Michael Washington were in foul trouble and held out most of the first half, and Forston played out of control during the first half.

I thought Hogs were likely doomed because of foul trouble and lack of depth among big men, but they somehow played hard enough to win a game that under the circumstances they could have lost big. Stefan Welsh was a huge contributor and deserves lots of credit. Monk really played his heart out.

Given the talent, intensity and chemistry, it is hard to imagine this team not having a winning record in the SEC and, combined with the wins vs Texas and Oklahoma, that should get them in the NCAAs.

bphi11ips

This team should make the NCAA, but the true test will be the SEC.  The goal should be to win out at home and split SEC road games.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 06, 2009, 10:46:38 pm

Very good point. I know we've had our problems with playing on the road in the SEC in the past, but that was with a different type of team. With all due respect to Coach Heath, his teams tended to fold down the stretch. In the past, Arkansas teams that went down by 7 in a tight game against good competition tended to die a slow and agonizing death. Those were the same teams that got upended constantly in conference road games. This is a clearly a different type of team.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.