Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WITH THE LOSS OF MONTREL McDONALD

Started by davis01, December 15, 2008, 12:35:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davis01

Do we have any worries from other players in terms possibly grades, etc.,?  I would hate to go into the SEC Season without a key player.

HawgAdvocate

Is he still suspended, or gone for good?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

BallHog1

I just heard "suspended indefinitely". That could be forever or until tomorrow. Haven't heard any confirmations about being gone for good.

claycohog

We should know McDonalds fate by the end of the week.

beachhawg

I would say he probably will not be back.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

OzarkHighs

My understanding is that it has nothing to do with grades and everything to do with attitude.

deucea729

Quote from: OzarkHighs on December 15, 2008, 06:47:16 pm
My understanding is that it has nothing to do with grades and everything to do with attitude.

Attitude doesn't usually get you completely canned just 5 games into your first season.  That's something that can usually be molded with a few chances to get it right.

Grades, drugs, other legal issues - those kinds of things get your tail kicked to the curb after 5 games.

But I guess stranger things have happened.

HawgAdvocate

So that means we'll very likely have another scholly to get a BIG MAN that is ready to contribute immediately.

Let us pray.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

heathtits

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 15, 2008, 11:52:51 pm
So that means we'll very likely have another scholly to get a BIG MAN that is ready to contribute immediately.

Let us pray.

Agreed. I finished my finals today and heard Montrelle is not even on campus anymore.

On second thought though, isn't the whole point of the recruiting process to be able to get a feel for a guys attitude? Hopefully these character issues become a thing of the past.

mathhog

i still dont understand what went down

Does ANYONE know????????

josh_sec33

I've got nothing. I'd assume grades, but there might be something more.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: josh_sec33 on December 16, 2008, 09:56:59 am
I've got nothing. I'd assume grades, but there might be something more.

let me put it to you this way Montrell McDonald makes Terrell Owens look like Bryant Gumble attitude wise....

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

75grad

Quote from: OzarkHighs on December 15, 2008, 06:47:16 pm

I would think good grades and good attitude go hand in hand.
NCAA=Need Cash Attend Auburn

Hogtropolis™

I know the common thought is that McDonald is gone, but I am not going to buy it 100% until it is confirmed by someone that I believe to be legit.

I have been around  this board for a few years now and I pretty much know who is legit and who isn't.  I haven't seen any of them come out and say that he is for sure gone.  I have seen some of them say it is a strong possibility, but not that he is 100% gone.

Until he comes back/if he doesn't come back, I am hoping for Monk to be able to step in and back up Henry with 10 minutes per game or so.  That might be wishful thinking, but I am definitely hoping.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 16, 2008, 10:13:33 am
let me put it to you this way Montrell McDonald makes Terrell Owens look like Bryant Gumble attitude wise....

Holy crap!  That is just plain scary!! :o
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heathtits on December 16, 2008, 12:49:59 am
On second thought though, isn't the whole point of the recruiting process to be able to get a feel for a guys attitude? Hopefully these character issues become a thing of the past.

One thing for us to keep in mind was that Montrel was a last minute pickup to replace the previous JUCO failure named Daniel Payne.

Montrel wasn't a real big priority until fairly late into the process. That doesn't speak well for our JUCO recruiting.

Pel has done great in reeling in Fortson and Rotnei. I think Andre Clark will be a good one before he's done as well. But we've got to do better when trying to balance out our classes when recruiting JUCOs.

OzarkHighs

Everything I've heard says this is an insubordination issue, and that McDonald just didn't want to listen to the coaches, even possibly to the point of arguing with them in front of the team. Hence why he isn't allowed to practice right now

Its possible he may learn his lesson, but when you do something like this, its shape up or ship out.

Tomhog™

I would be utterly amazed to see him ever play for the Hogs again. Pel didn't do a good job on his background. Attitude issues don't just crop up out of nowhere.

Razorod

With the loss of Daniel Payne and the uncertainty, at that time, of Jason Henry's eligibility, my guess is that Pel was pretty desperate.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Razorod on December 16, 2008, 03:55:42 pm
With the loss of Daniel Payne and the uncertainty, at that time, of Jason Henry's eligibility, my guess is that Pel was pretty desperate.
I hate the Payne didn't become eligible too.  I was almost more excited about him than anyone else in that class.  He sounded like he was a stud.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 16, 2008, 06:02:03 pm
I hate the Payne didn't become eligible too.  I was almost more excited about him than anyone else in that class.  He sounded like he was a stud.

Yeah, I have say thats what I believe as well...perhaps the next find is a big that can give us an inside presence to go with all that we have. I hope he will be a good one the right attitude and work ethic.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawgsav1

Maybe he stole chips from the cafeteria...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

mathhog

so.... what's the story on him. what did he DO?

Hog Fan from Camden

I bet Mr. Montrel is kicking himself right now!