Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting banned from posting on a message board?

Started by hawkeyefan17, June 08, 2005, 04:31:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

I am just wondering about this but how do you get banned from posting on a message board? It would seem to me that in order to do so you would have to be a pretty big idiot or maybe really make a certain group of people really mad.

If a poster called say #1Hogfan posts on a site and is subsequently banned from posting on a site what is to stop that person from chaning his username and continuting to post?

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hawkeyefan17

Thanks, I saw this getting some talk on the board and I was just curious.

landocalrissian2

Note: your home IP is blocked, or from whereever you registered.

Get a hotmail account, or yahoo, or gmail, etc.

Fake name, fake ID information.

Go somewhere public that uses a common IP address. Library, coffee shop, Tyson's Hdqtrs, etc.

Post whatever the heck you want.

If banned, sign up another fake mail, find another signal, works best with laptops.

What is really funny is to just drive around with your laptop and use someone else's signal. You will be laughing your ass off when all the IPs get targeted!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: landocalrissian2 on June 10, 2005, 01:10:19 pm
Note: your home IP is blocked, or from whereever you registered.

Get a hotmail account, or yahoo, or gmail, etc.

Fake name, fake ID information.

Go somewhere public that uses a common IP address. Library, coffee shop, Tyson's Hdqtrs, etc.

Post whatever the heck you want.

If banned, sign up another fake mail, find another signal, works best with laptops.

What is really funny is to just drive around with your laptop and use someone else's signal. You will be laughing your ass off when all the IPs get targeted!

Yeah you're a real smart guy, driving around all day so you can post on a message board.  Genius.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...