Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 21, 2017, 11:34:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Hope this is wrong too. But a very true source
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawg Red

"Back next season on the team"

Bwahahahahahaha. Yeah, okay.

razorhead94

Next season eh?  If that is in fact true he'll jump straight to the draft.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

mikeephog

Yes. I'm up here in NE MO.  Rumors are rampant on what is exactly going on with it but, but several sources all say hes done for the year.  One source said career ending.  I wouldn't go that far but if hes done for the year my Mizzou fans definitely need to slow their roll on this years tournament chances.  They barely beat a Div II team at HOME last night. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: mikeephog on November 21, 2017, 12:06:15 pm
Yes. I'm up here in NE MO.  Rumors are rampant on what is exactly going on with it but, but several sources all say hes done for the year.  One source said career ending.  I wouldn't go that far but if hes done for the year my Mizzou fans definitely need to slow their roll on this years tournament chances.  They barely beat a Div II team at HOME last night.

Sure hope not for his sake.

ShadowHawg

That is awful if true. 2 herniated discs would threaten his career in that he would not be the same guy ever again. See Larry Johnson.

FineAsSwine

Somebody needs to buy Mizzouman a drink.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Jborohog09

So much for that national title run...

FineAsSwine

I wonder if daddy Porter gets to keep that job now?
Hogs up! Covid down!

razorhead94

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 21, 2017, 12:11:47 pm
That is awful if true. 2 herniated discs would threaten his career in that he would not be the same guy ever again. See Larry Johnson.

When did this happen?  I know MP went through warm-ups in the opener.

SouthTulsaHog

This is just really fishy. I thought Mizzou was saying he had a hip/leg injury. Now it turns out it is his back.

Feel back for the kid (if true), just something doesn't add up

The Hogfather

Just reported on The Buzz he's done for the year, having surgery.

mikeephog

My Phone just lit up and Porter is done for the year.  With it being a back issue. This is not good.  I'm all hog. Always have been.   Have endured depraved Mizzou fans for my entire life up here and this will shut them up.  I hate it for a young purported star.  Now it may never be known. 

Hawg Red

I wanted the Hogs to beat Mizzou with him on the court. Will be harder to hide Martin as a coach now.

lynbug

Very bad luck for the kid.  Hate it.  Even though he played for Missou I would rather him be on the court healthy than facing a career ending injury.

Smithian

I enjoy laughs at programs losing players to scandal or off court issues that are self caused.

Not laughing at injuries.

Quote from: Smithian on November 21, 2017, 01:36:32 pm
I enjoy laughs at programs losing players to scandal or off court issues that are self caused.

Well said.

Swinefeld

Disc hernitions aren't going to end a basketball player's career.  It could be a small procedure but knowing how some docs love to cut, you never know.  It's definitely going to shorten his career. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Smithian on November 21, 2017, 01:36:32 pm

Completely agree.

But to one point, there is no way in hell the kid comes back next year. He is better off going into the NBA with the injury unknown like Embiid.

mikeephog

Mizzou has never recovered from this right here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHris3cAnU

hogsanity

undergoing a microdisectomy on the l3 & l4. recovery time is 3-4 months.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorhead94

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2017, 02:32:18 pm
undergoing a microdisectomy on the l3 & l4. recovery time is 3-4 months.

Could technically return for a late Feb/March run if all the rehab goes really well but he may not want to risk re-injuring it before the draft.

mizzouman

Those of you who are celebrating such an injury need to get your priorities straight.

From what I'm hearing from those who know, as of today, he should be as good as new in 3 to 4 months and he does want to redshirt and come back next year. We will see.  Hope for the best for the young man. He's an exceptional kid.

That said, you play with who you have and there will be no excuses.

MakingPlays

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 02:39:01 pm
Those of you who are celebrating such an injury need to get your priorities straight.

Dude, not a single person in this thread celebrated his injury.  You're just trying to start stuff with that.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 21, 2017, 11:41:33 am
"Back next season on the team"

Bwahahahahahaha. Yeah, okay.

Yea, this injury makes him going in this upcoming draft almost a necessity.  Last thing he wants to do is come back to school and aggravate that injury again and let his stock drop.  As of right now, he's still a top 10 pick.  The NBA has seen guys like Ben Simmons and Joel Embid come back from season ending injuries I'm sure that will help ease the mind of some GMs when they draft him that early. 

The_Iceman

From what I'm hearing from those who know, as of today, he should be as good as new in 3 to 4 months and he does want to redshirt and come back next year. We will see.  Hope for the best for the young man. He's an exceptional kid.

Agreed. Arkansas is dealing with the same with Khalil Garland. Injuries to college athletes are no reason to celebrate.

But, there is no way Porter comes back. If he leaves now, he still has value and teams will take a risk on him. If he comes back and isn't what he used to be and is slowed by his injury, it could cost him MILLIONS.

Letsroll1200

Hopefully Porter Jr. will have a solid career on the next level! He might as well sign with a agent and get healthy so he can be ready for the NBA workouts and combine.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 21, 2017, 02:56:44 pm
Agreed. Arkansas is dealing with the same with Khalil Garland. Injuries to college athletes are no reason to celebrate.

But, there is no way Porter comes back. If he leaves now, he still has value and teams will take a risk on him. If he comes back and isn't what he used to be and is slowed by his injury, it could cost him MILLIONS.
MPJ has been consistent in saying he may come back for year 2 if team goals were not accomplished. As of today, he wants to come back. Now 2 months from now, who knows?  Just have to wait and see.

But, we still have a season to play so no excuses.

PorkRinds

Thats BS. No one celebrated it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 03:03:26 pm
MPJ has been consistent in saying he may come back for year 2 if team goals were not accomplished. As of today, he wants to come back. Now 2 months from now, who knows?  Just have to wait and see.

He should go to the NBA and not risk anything further.

The_Iceman

That's great sentiment and fun for the fans to hear, but no kid in their right mind would turn down the opportunity to set himself for life financially. I would say the exact same thing if the kid was from Arkansas.

mhuff

Missouman  , I don't see anyone celebrating. I'm sure he'll bounce back.

brenthog

Am i happy Mizzou wont be as good...yes
Am I happy he is hurt...no
Am I happy and hopeful he will have a good NBA career...yes
Do I hope his career at Mizzou is over...yes

azhog10

He's done. Any big with back or foot injuries this early spells trouble in the pros.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 21, 2017, 03:02:25 pm
Hopefully Porter Jr. will have a solid career on the next level! He might as well sign with a agent and get healthy so he can be ready for the NBA workouts and combine.

Hawg Red

Who is celebrating???

And surely you don't believe he's coming back when he will be the #1 or 2 pick even with this injury.

sickboy

Back injuries are no joke. I can tell you, chronic back pain is the worst.

mbgrulz

Can't imagine he'd come back with that kind of $ on the line. If you could make so much that your grandkids didn't have to work, you'd be stupid to pass it up. The aTm post kid came back tho. That was a really badly call by him from what I could tell.

Hoggish1

I haven't read that anybody on here is happy about this.  But an a-hoal could still pop up.

I hope the kid rehabs well and gets ready for the draft.

mizzouman

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 21, 2017, 04:08:13 pm
Can't imagine he'd come back with that kind of $ on the line. If you could make so much that your grandkids didn't have to work, you'd be stupid to pass it up. The aTm post kid came back tho. That was a really badly call by him from what I could tell.
Yeah, but this is a different guy.  I've been trying to explain him on this board. Also, an NBA scout, a couple of them, have said, in general, that they would shy away from a player after back surgery unless they see him compete first.

Back injuries are very unpredictable on the recovery.

But we will see if he changes his mind.

MoHog74

Quote from: Jborohog09 on November 21, 2017, 12:15:42 pm
So much for that national title run...

They'd be happy with a Final Four appearance, since they're third on the all-time list of tournament appearances without reaching the Final Four.  We've only been 6 times.   :)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 21, 2017, 12:11:47 pm
Ive got two myself and there's no way i've been "the same" since. It doesnt just heal up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

razorback1829

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 04:40:52 pm
Yeah, but this is a different guy.  I've been trying to explain him on this board. Also, an NBA scout, a couple of them, have said, in general, that they would shy away from a player after back surgery unless they see him compete first.

Back injuries are very unpredictable on the recovery.

But we will see if he changes his mind.

Nope. He won't be back. This injury I guarantee scared the bejesus out of him and his family. He's gone. 8 kids??! Yea he's outta here. Which is probably the best move. Back injuries are tricky.

MoHog74

LRHawg

Hate that for the young man. His best bet is to get healed up and try his luck with the draft.

Science Fiction Greg

Um, beg pardon.  Get out of here with that crap.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Potosihog

News report in Missouri just said he is out for season and likely will never play for Mizzou.  Who knows.  I hate it for the kid.  I honestly am a little relieved though as I was afraid something other than an injury was going on.

Mizzou is my second team.  We are two similar programs in the sense we seem to be snake bit. 

mizzouman

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 21, 2017, 04:56:12 pm
Nope. He won't be back. This injury I guarantee scared the bejesus out of him and his family. He's gone. 8 kids??! Yea he's outta here. Which is probably the best move. Back injuries are tricky.
Which is why teams will be reluctant to sign him unless he can prove he can compete in games and nit just workouts.

Anyway, he says he's coming back but it can change.

mizzouman

Quote from: Potosihog on November 21, 2017, 05:34:53 pm
News report in Missouri just said he is out for season and likely will never play for Mizzou.  Who knows.  I hate it for the kid.  I honestly am a little relieved though as I was afraid something other than an injury was going on.

Mizzou is my second team.  We are two similar programs in the sense we seem to be snake bit. 
This is wrong, that is, never playing for Mizzou.  Just wait and see.

The Hogfather

Wingo to Mizzou