Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think MA just has to find the solution for road games. He's an ok coach

Started by Sweet Feet, February 03, 2018, 07:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

Like i warned people, Arkansas's road woes were going to be an issue like it usually is with MA. He is a great coach. Just last year, everyone was crying and moaning about how Arkansas was cheated and had the eventual national champs on the ropes in the 2nd round. The potential is there. It shows at home definitely like against Oklahoma and Minnesota. I just don't know what the issue is on the road. That's the real achilles heel.

Unless the fans are ready for more 4-5 year stretches without any NCAA tourney appearances, (let alone tourney wins), I think firing MA may be a little hard to call. Of course it's easy when you have a knee jerk reaction like most fans. but i say give him at most 2 more years to fix his road woes.

rude1

The home games haven't looked much better lately. Tired of trying to analyze why he isn't getting it done, I just know he isn't and it might be time to try find someone who can.

jst01

Awful awful opinion.

Why in the world would you assume a new coach would go thru 4-5 years of no tourney appearances?? Open your eyes and look around, there are coaches that are turning programs around in two years.

hobhog

hobhog

Quote from: jst01 on February 03, 2018, 08:09:16 pm
Awful awful opinion.

Why in the world would you assume a new coach would go thru 4-5 years of no tourney appearances?? Open your eyes and look around, there are coaches that are turning programs around in two years.

code red

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2018, 07:03:52 pm
The home games haven't looked much better lately. Tired of trying to analyze why he isn't getting it done, I just know he isn't and it might be time to try find someone who can.
You are so right seriously. We should really only have two SEC wins.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

hobhog

BTW- isn't $2.6 Million a lot for an "OK" coach? 3rd highest in SEC?

Sweet Feet

Quote from: jst01 on February 03, 2018, 08:09:16 pm
Awful awful opinion.

Because this is Arkansas we are talking about.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on February 03, 2018, 07:01:37 pm
Like i warned people, Arkansas's road woes were going to be an issue like it usually is with MA. He is a great coach.

He's just a coach. He's had plenty of time. He ain't got. Turning around BB isn't the same as turning around FB, it takes less time for BB......... for most.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

hogginbama

Quote from: Laughing Hog on February 03, 2018, 09:48:53 pm
He's just a coach. He's had plenty of time. He ain't got. Turning around BB isn't the same as turning around FB, it takes less time for BB......... for most.

Yet we are giving Mike more time to build the BB team than we did the FB coach. Absolute hypocrisy.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

raz1965

Mike needs to make the tourney, I can't make a excuse for him if not. He was given a extension so he want be fired this season. Hogs can still get together an win, maybe last night's loss will bring focus back to the players an they turn it around, find some pride hogs.