Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is your gut feeling on who's going to be the next coach here?

Started by Ben, November 21, 2017, 05:41:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

a0ashle

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 21, 2017, 10:40:54 pm
Yesterday: Gus
Today: Norvell
Tomorrow: TBD

That's kind of how I've been. The good news is there will be plenty to talk about this year at Thanksgiving.

The_Iceman

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 21, 2017, 08:07:10 pm
because we hate winning around here. 

No, it's because Gus is dirty and always has been. He had dirt on his hands when he left in 2006. NEVER GUS!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TrueBlue

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 09:40:02 pm
You're probably correct.  Wonder why he isn't a HC somewhere.  I assume because no AD wants to be the guy to hire the guy who's the first guy to choke a referee to death on national TV on a Saturday afternoon in the Fall.

He is:  Youngstown State. He continues to have meltdowns on the field and off the field especially at the press. He didn't get fired from Nebraska because of his record, it was because of his conduct.

GuvHog

Gut feeling: Norvell gets the job and is introduced at a press conference a couple of days after Memphis plays in their Conference championship game.

The Kig

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 21, 2017, 08:47:49 pm
Arkansas must send a message with this hire.  The message must be that it is a player.  Malzahn would send that message.  Norvell would as well. 

How would hiring a 2 year Sunbelt coach send a message?  Well, I guess you're right...it would send a message, just not one that we came to play. 

The only 2 names I have heard that send that message are Gus and Leach...and maybe Kiffin.  Everyone else is an up and comer, most of them unproven. 
Poker Porker

JONAS

My gut tells me that we will end up with a terrible coach.  I want Norvell, but am afraid it will be Skip Holtz.

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 08:57:03 am
No, it's because Gus is dirty and always has been. He had dirt on his hands when he left in 2006. NEVER GUS!

PROVE IT
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Quote from: The Kig on November 22, 2017, 09:08:01 am
How would hiring a 2 year Sunbelt coach send a message?  Well, I guess you're right...it would send a message, just not one that we came to play. 

The only 2 names I have heard that send that message are Gus and Leach...and maybe Kiffin.  Everyone else is an up and comer, most of them unproven.

He didn't say Neal Brown. Who is the sun belt coach?

HF#1

Gus is the guy. Even if he wins Saturday, he's still the guy. They are going to make him say no.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:19:12 am
Gus is the guy. Even if he wins Saturday, he's still the guy. They are going to make him say no.

Ok. We will see.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:18:25 am
PROVE IT

Everyone knows what Gus did back in 2006, it isn't a secret. Ask Mike Irwin. Nutt wasn't the only one who was dirty back then.

ipigsooie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 09:38:33 am
Everyone knows what Gus did back in 2006, it isn't a secret. Ask Mike Irwin. Nutt wasn't the only one who was dirty back then.

You might as well be explaining it to a wall. Gus huggers don't know or don't care. You might as well be in Alabama campaigning for Hilary Clinton.

The Kig

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 22, 2017, 09:18:42 am
He didn't say Neal Brown. Who is the sun belt coach?

Sunbelt, American Athletic Conference... what's the difference?  My apologies for getting my WGAF conferences mixed up.
Poker Porker

redhogchilipepper

If the new coach needs to have ties to the program I say give Dowell Loggains a shot. 
He's young he's from Texas should help the in recruiting and he Has always wanted to coach the Hogs

dc10x5555

to put this plainly......bull sh-t!!!!  you have no idea what you are talking about.  you are taking someone's rumors and spouting that as true, when it actually doesn't even approach the truth.

GuvHog

Quote from: dc10x5555 on November 22, 2017, 11:04:23 am
to put this plainly......bull sh-t!!!!  you have no idea what you are talking about.  you are taking someone's rumors and spouting that as true, when it actually doesn't even approach the truth.

It is true. I was around in 2006 and remember well what Gus did. Nutt wasn't the only one that was dirty back then. Ask Mike Irwin if you don't believe me.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 11:15:04 am
It is true. I was around in 2006 and remember well what Gus did. Nutt wasn't the only one that was dirty back then. Ask Mike Irwin if you don't believe me.

What did Gus do exactly?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on November 22, 2017, 11:16:54 am

What did Gus do exactly?

He used the Springdale players to get the OC job. He dangled those boys in front of Nutt like dangling carrots in front of a rabbit.

When Mitch told Gus that he was thinking about transferring, Gus gave him a long spill about loyalty to the University and why he should not transfer after which Mitch decided to stay, then Gus turned his back on the Springdale boys, the University, and the state by jumping ship to Tulsa. Mitch has let it go and moved on but His mother can't stand the ground Gus walks on.

Mike Irwin can tell you even more.

ipigsooie

Quote from: The Kig on November 22, 2017, 09:52:09 am
Sunbelt, American Athletic Conference... what's the difference?  My apologies for getting my WGAF conferences mixed up.

Sunbelt has zero ranked teams. The AAC has 3 ranked teams. They also have at least 4 coaches being mentioned for big jobs. 2 are going to be among the hottest candidates in college football. Do you watch football?

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 11:26:44 am
He used the Springdale players to get the OC job. He dangled those boys in front of Nutt like dangling carrots in front of a rabbit.

When Mitch told Gus that he was thinking about transferring, Gus gave him a long spill about loyalty to the University and why he should not transfer after which Mitch decided to stay, then Gus turned his back on the Springdale boys, the University, and the state by jumping ship to Tulsa. Mitch has let it go and moved on but His mother can't stand the ground Gus walks on.

Well if Beth Campbell can't stand him we should move on. Can't let something that happened 11 years ago go can we? 
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Piggie

Quote from: rhames on November 22, 2017, 11:50:15 am

Well if Beth Campbell can't stand him we should move on. Can't let something that happened 11 years ago go can we? 

As I recall, Beth Campbell was a bipolar dysfunctional knucklehead who has no real credibility. They way Reggie Herring and that bunch treated Gus, and the way Nutt sneakily brought in David Lee to do Gus' job, I don't blame him for leaving. It worked out pretty good for Gus in the end, didn't it? Karma has it's way of doing the what goes around, comes around show when Gus is announced as the new Head Hog! Woo Pig! Bring Gus home!
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

#1 STUNNA

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 11:26:44 am

OH MY GOODNESS. That is sooooo turrible. How is he still coaching? I cannot believe what I am reading.

GuvHog

Quote from: Piggie on November 22, 2017, 12:23:12 pm
As I recall, Beth Campbell was a bipolar dysfunctional knucklehead who has no real credibility. They way Reggie Herring and that bunch treated Gus, and the way Nutt sneakily brought in David Lee to do Gus' job, I don't blame him for leaving. It worked out pretty good for Gus in the end, didn't it? Karma has it's way of doing the what goes around, comes around show when Gus is announced as the new Head Hog! Woo Pig! Bring Gus home!

In your ignorance, you don't know the whole story but you keep on wearing those Gus blinders.

Hawg Life

Same can be said about Kirby, Dabo, Lincoln Riley, and some of y'all MAN CRUSH Malzahn who was less experienced than Norvell when he took the HC job @ Auburn. The same could be said for Mullen too.

Danimal

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 12:35:23 pm
In your ignorance, you don't know the whole story but you keep on wearing those Gus blinders.
No sense in trying to show anything to those who refuse to see..

Hawg Life

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 12:35:02 pm
OH MY GOODNESS. That is sooooo turrible. How is he still coaching? I cannot believe what I am reading.

Gus is human excrement. He's really trash, and he reminds me of Hillary Clinton in the fact that he's never held accountable. When people tell the truth about Nutt-Gus most already have their mind made up. The fault goes both ways, but Gus started bucking for the job as soon as he became OC. He used the Springdale Kids and their parents to do his bidding. Nutt got pissed and showed him he was the boss. Now, if Gus could've waited a year he would've got the job, but his ego was too big.

Piggie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 12:35:23 pm

Thank you, I plan on it. Go Gus! Go Hogs! ;)

Piggie

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 22, 2017, 12:47:32 pm
Gus is human excrement. He's really trash, and he reminds me of Hillary Clinton in the fact that he's never held accountable. When people tell the truth about Nutt-Gus most already have their mind made up. The fault goes both ways, but Gus started bucking for the job as soon as he became OC. He used the Springdale Kids and their parents to do his bidding. Nutt got pissed and showed him he was the boss. Now, if Gus could've waited a year he would've got the job, but his ego was too big.

You can call him human excrement, which is pretty bad, but PLEASE never ever compare him to Crooked Hillary. That is about as low as a man can go. I don't care how bad you may think Gus is, he is not, and I say again, is not, anything of a reprobate like Crooked Hillary. Lock her up, and bring Gus home where we can start winning again, big league. Some day we will be saying, Hey, Gus, stop winning so much; I'm tired of winning so much. Roll Tide Roll!

RazorbackDJT

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 21, 2017, 06:53:23 pm
Why do folks think this? If he beats Bama, what's the thinkin? That they'll just wanna keep him more and give him a raise?

Gus might not lose again this year.  Alabama is banged up on defense and Auburn is better than the other teams that would be in the playoff.

hogcods8

It is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about football if you think Memphis is in the SunBelt Conf. Therefore your opinion is worthless!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hogcods8 on November 22, 2017, 02:50:44 pm
It is obvious that you know absolutely nothing about football if you think Memphis is in the SunBelt Conf. Therefore your opinion is worthless!

their are idiots everywhere..lol

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: PossumFan on November 21, 2017, 08:22:51 pm
More unexpected? How about this: Ruffin McNeill.

That's the kind of right field play I'm talking about

East Clintwood

Quote from: JONAS on November 22, 2017, 09:16:38 am
My gut tells me that we will end up with a terrible coach.  I want Norvell, but am afraid it will be Skip Holtz.

Skip has one thing going for him over hiring Gus -- at least he'd be easier to get rid of when he fails.  Gus, because of his cult followers, will be as hard as Hootie was to get rid of.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:19:12 am

I wish them all the success in the world in their endeavor.

Piggie

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 23, 2017, 02:55:35 pm

Skip has one thing going for him over hiring Gus -- at least he'd be easier to get rid of when he fails.  Gus, because of his cult followers, will be as hard as Hootie was to get rid of.

I'm a big Gus supporter, but if he can't get the job done, I have no problem with him packing his bags.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Danimal on November 22, 2017, 12:44:04 pm
No sense in trying to show anything to those who refuse to see..

Spoken like a true Jim Jones (Gus) follower.

Danimal

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 23, 2017, 03:09:54 pm

Spoken like a true Jim Jones (Gus) follower.
LOL. I was actually talking about the Gus followers (one of which I am definitely NOT)...

apcapri

Großer Kriegschwein

Gus took care of himself in 2006.

Probably the best thing for him at the time.

He could have communicated better with the Springdale 5, for sure. Nutt deserves 98% of the blame.
This is my non-signature signature.

HoopS

Of course Guv doesn't like Gus. You're talking to one the original Nutt huggers and one of the very last to finally see the light there.

Spoiler Alert: Gus isn't perfect.

He didn't handle the crap sandwich your boy Dale was serving up and you hope and pray that that eliminates him from coming back. I don't know if he will, but trying to act like he's scum for not knowing exactly how to handle that crap is bull. And there's more to the dang story than just him telling Mitch to stay then leaving. You act like he set Mitch up and bailed. BS. Your damn boy Houston Dale was the one monkeying crap around behind the scenes and putting people in a bind.

The more you and Hawg Life whine, the more I hope he gets the job.

HiggiePiggy

The LSU game was enough for Gus. Houston Nutt tied his hands that game and it cost us a chance to beat LSU.  Gus did the right thing by leaving to Tulsa. Nutt is now out of college football for good because he was crooked and it finally caught up with him in Ole Miss. 

Had Gus stayed for 2007 he would eventually be knocked out of college football for good because Nutt would have tied his hands the entire year and then blamed the losses on him.  Gus gave Nutt an extra year at Arkansas. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pigstie

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 21, 2017, 05:59:09 pm
Gus or Norvell and I'll be thrilled with either
Thrilled with either? So you consider Gus and Norvell equal in coaching?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.