Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches Pecking Order...... They will have Major Choices this year

Started by BR, November 12, 2017, 09:10:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Might be Hard to think we are an Elite Football destination for Coaches when you look at it realistically...  Yes we pay awesome, but so does all but 2 schools in SEC..  Big name schools with openings this fall, it is going to be an unreal coaching search:  PLUS December 20th is Early Signing Day.

Then Dominoes will fall if Coaches start switching jobs: Starting with Dan Mullen, will he leave State?

Florida ( I think Money will not be an Issue here ) (early Head Start on Looking)
Texas A*M ( ALSO Money will not be an Issue, They will want a Home Run Hire)
UCLA ( Easier Conf, West Coast Talent)
Arkansas
Nebraska
Tenn   ( Early Head start on Looking)
Maybe K-State
Ole Miss  (Early Head Start)
Oregon State
Maybe Illinois
Maybe Kansas
Maybe Texas Tech
Maybe BYU
Georgia Southern
UTEP
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

NuttinItUp

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hawginj

BR

I think our Facilities are Better than Tenn & Nebraska... Tenn might pay more, Nebraska harder to recruit to anymore.  Tenn's stadium is a lot bigger, but I'm talking overall Campus facilities

grayhawg

Hawginj

Quote from: BR on November 12, 2017, 09:23:46 am
I think our Facilities are Better than Tenn & Nebraska... Tenn might pay more, Nebraska harder to recruit to anymore.  Tenn's stadium is a lot bigger, but I'm talking overall Campus facilities
true. It's been well documented Tenner has cash problems yes they have rich boosters like many sec teams but they are still paying many past salaries.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hawginj on November 12, 2017, 09:28:56 am
true. It's been well documented Tenner has cash problems yes they have rich boosters like many sec teams but they are still paying many past salaries.

One thing about Long: he definitely keeps our finances in order.

People may hate him for a thousand other reasons, but he does that part right.

King Kong

NuttinItUp

Quote from: King Kong on November 12, 2017, 11:39:22 am
Compare their hires to ours

So their AD is worse than ours at making hires.

I meant the program as a whole.

BR

Now Florida, Tenn, Ole Miss have a head start on getting with Agents and locking up their Coach...    Jimmy Sexton is going to be a Richer Man

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BR on November 12, 2017, 12:38:42 pm
Now Florida, Tenn, Ole Miss have a head start on getting with Agents and locking up their Coach...    Jimmy Sexton is going to be a Richer Man

But every soon to be available coach and agent has the same working list as the one above.. Smart people will look at all their options..

ipigsooie

So because uf and ut have a head start bc they have already fired their coaches?  You don't think arkansas, a&m and other schools that are going to fire their coaches haven't already started talking to agents?  It's not like Florida is calling frost directly and working out a deal with him.  He is busy coaching his team and that's what the agent gets paid to do.

BR

Jimmy Sexton Reps about 1/2 the Coaches being Mentioned for Big Jobs...  He will be playing all the teams against each other, and then get his clients the openings before Dec 1st.

BR

Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos said he's intent to stick with Mike Riley through the end of this season despite growing public pressure to fire the third-year coach now -- after a 54-21 loss to Minnesota on Saturday.
"It's not like I've got a coach to hire this afternoon at 3:30," Moos said Monday. "Mike Riley deserves to finish the 2017 season. That's how I operate."

BR

It appears that Florida is putting in the groundwork to potentially make a run at former Oregon coach and current ESPN analyst Chip Kelly. According to a report from Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel, Florida has begun a "thorough vetting" process of Kelly.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-florida-is-vetting-chip-kelly-as-part-of-its-coaching-search/

BR

BR

Quote from: BR on November 12, 2017, 01:02:23 pm
Jimmy Sexton Reps about 1/2 the Coaches being Mentioned for Big Jobs...  He will be playing all the teams against each other, and then get his clients the openings before Dec 1st.
Gus: Jimmy Sexton

Mike Norvell:  Can't find in Google

Mike Leach: Himself ( He also has a Law Degree from Pepperdine)

Chad Morris: Can't find...  Might be Jimmy Sexton

Matt Campbell: Campbell doesn't have an agent, which is almost unheard of at this level. Instead, he relies on a financial advisor and an attorney.

Scott Frost: Jimmy Sexton

Lane Kiffin: Jimmy Sexton

Dan Mullen: Jimmy Sexton

Chip Kelly: David Dunn

Kevin Sumlin: Trace Armstrong

BR

Texas A&M:  ESPN's Adam Rittenberg wrote in an ESPN Insider piece,  that once Scott Woodward makes it official with Kevin Sumlin, "Don't be surprised if the school kicks the tires on TCU's Gary Patterson, Washington's Chris Petersen, Florida State's Jimbo Fisher and Clemson's Dabo Swinney (yes, you read that right)." We don't need to tell our readers Dabo isn't taking calls. We can relay that Scott Woodward has been doing his homework for quite some time, for in the event he has to make a move. Based on what we know, we would expect Woodward to act with precision on this one.

TX HOG

BR

Multiple reports around Tennessee are wondering about one key element to the coaching search: Jon Gruden is reaching out to former Tennessee players and coaches about the possibility of joining his potential staff in Knoxville.
Houston Kress of FOX Sports Knoxville and John Brice's blog Brice's Views From Rocky Top are each reporting that Gruden is doing just that. Brice's Views, citing six different sources, also noted that Gruden is considering this position "more seriously" than ever before

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BR on November 13, 2017, 05:06:45 pm
Texas A&M:  ESPN's Adam Rittenberg wrote in an ESPN Insider piece,  that once Scott Woodward makes it official with Kevin Sumlin, "Don't be surprised if the school kicks the tires on TCU's Gary Patterson, Washington's Chris Petersen, Florida State's Jimbo Fisher and Clemson's Dabo Swinney (yes, you read that right)." We don't need to tell our readers Dabo isn't taking calls. We can relay that Scott Woodward has been doing his homework for quite some time, for in the event he has to make a move. Based on what we know, we would expect Woodward to act with precision on this one.

There are only a few, UF, UGA, FSU, LSU etc  that can stockpile high ranked recruits,  A&M is one of those... somebody is going to turn them into a beast one day... and money will not be the deciding factor...