Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do these officials

Started by hogville38, April 06, 2015, 10:17:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsmo Kramer

Bo Ryan obviously agrees the refs were shite.

His post game interview was telling, specifically addressed all of the hand checking Duke was doing as well as other stuff.

He was fairly forward with his displeasure without outright calling the refs what they deserve to be called. 
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

GolfNut57

Quote from: steefhog on April 06, 2015, 10:44:34 pm
At one point, a Badger's jaw fowled a Devil's elbow.

Sure did. Tyus Jones went straight up for the shot while the defender jumped into him. Refs looked at it for all of three seconds and said it was a defensive foul.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hoglady

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:49:03 pm
We hear the same thing when it is KY in basketball and Bama in football.

Don't know what would have happened if it had been KY vs. Duke - the officials wouldn't have known what to do.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

N HOG

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 10:46:33 pm
On the official review, usually if the spin on the ball does not change, or the ball doesn't change direction, the call is not changed. I thought Winslow touched as well, but has to be overwhelming evidence.

The camera also thought he touched it....officials decided camera lied.

3of5-2

Just wait till Ryan sees the no call when the Duke player stepped on the baseline, and ball tipped out of bounds towards the end, when the doofus refs couldn't see it, or didn't want to see it on the replay.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:47:52 pm
His third was a lot of ball.

Thats truth, that wasnt a foul.  But it is just one that I saw that went Wisky's way when it shouldnt to a good ten the other way.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

azhog10

Wiscy actually played very good defense. I'm getting tired of the handcheck rule. This season it was enforced like crazy. In the finals Duke got away with hand check after handcheck. Every time kafir tried to guard Frank up top he grabbed him. Never was it called up top. Jones held Dekker all night and then these refs showed replay was useless as they ignored it when it showed Duke hit it out.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:47:52 pm
His third was a lot of ball.

Correct, it was questionable but not a bad call nor would it have been a bad no call.  This was the only not obvious call on Okafor. 

Steef

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 10:47:22 pm
I said one. That's the one. I didn't care who won, unlike most of this board.

I didn't care who won either. In fact, it's the first BB game I've watched in...well, this century.

Which does mean, admittedly, that I am no expert.

But the Badgers got hosed by the zebras.

It kills morale (affects shooting) when you know that your opponent can mug you with impunity.

ronmahony

I for one don't hate Duke, really didn't care who won because I kind of like both teams, but man the refs sure helped them in this game.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3of5-2 on April 06, 2015, 10:50:37 pm
Just wait till Ryan sees the no call when the Duke player stepped on the baseline, and ball tipped out of bounds towards the end, when the doofus refs couldn't see it, or didn't want to see it on the replay.

He already knows, he will not want to see anything to do with this game.

azhog10

Quote from: N HOG on April 06, 2015, 10:50:33 pm
The camera also thought he touched it....officials decided camera lied.
No kidding replay showed very clearly Winslows finger move back as he hit the ball. That said the ncaa in basketball does not use the CBS cameras and replay system. No telling what they looked at.

Atlhogfan1

No complaints about the two obvious walks on Wisconsin leading to scores that weren't called?

First half officiating dictated how this game flowed and Wisconsin had the NC as a result if not for Grayson Allen. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

revolution

Announcers for CBS won't point out the free throw discrepancy. Every major entity has a stake in the game. They need the public to believe the competition is fair. But there is just too much bias and God complex in officials today. The games are being consistently tainted.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on April 06, 2015, 10:49:35 pm
Bo Ryan agrees that the officials were horrible. I'm
sure the morons that disagree are on their knees for duke. Anybody that played in a boys club game know the officiating was a joke.

And the ones that are disagreeing with the outcome are on THEIR knees for Bo Ryan? See how that can be said either way?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:53:02 pm
No complaints about the two obvious walks on Wisconsin leading to scores that weren't called?

First half officiating dictated how this game flowed and Wisconsin had the NC as a result if not for Grayson Allen.
I could call 2 uncalled walks on any team in any basketball game. It's obvious you're new to the game. Keep learning bud

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: revolution on April 06, 2015, 10:53:41 pm
Announcers for CBS won't point out the free throw discrepancy. Every major entity has a stake in the game. They need the public to believe the competition is fair. But there is just too much bias and God complex in officials today. The games are being consistently tainted.

Notice how many Devils are on the networks?  It is a conspiracy. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: hoglady on April 06, 2015, 10:50:26 pm
Don't know what would have happened if it had been KY vs. Duke - the officials wouldn't have known what to do.

Pretty safe guess that the Duke Haters would still be here crying if it was KY that lost tonight. Those same haters that despise KY and its so-called arrogant fanbase would have had a tough choice who to root for.

rude1

Quote from: 3of5-2 on April 06, 2015, 10:50:37 pm
I wonder what Ryan thought when his player went out of bounds came back in being the first one to touch the ball and scored against KY? Or how about watching his guy get a rebound with 0 on the shot clock, stick it back in and have it count against Ky? It's unfortunate he of all people would cry about officiating.

N HOG

Bo Ryan just nailed it in press conference when saying "we always think jumping into a defender is an offensive foul."

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:55:02 pm
And the ones that are disagreeing with the outcome are on THEIR knees for Bo Ryan? See how that can be said either way?
NO. Ncaa protects the winners. Welcome to 2015. I guess you didn't get the obvious memo.

rude1

Quote from: N HOG on April 06, 2015, 10:58:07 pm
Bo Ryan just nailed it in press conference when saying "we always think jumping into a defender is an offensive foul."
LOL, really? Frank makes a career by jumping into defenders and initiating the contact, many times ending in and 1s.....

revolution

My last comment tonight - after that piss poor job of officiating, I'm done watching college basketball until next season! Somebody's gotta take a stand!

Who's with me?

Danny J

It is not just this board complaining for you two or three people who are making it seem that way. They are talking about it right now in the post game, it is the prime topic on ESPN radio and Fox is also talking about it.

The officiating almost always seems biased towards two or three name brand teams. It is also equally bad in other games. I think most of it is the coaches using their players to force the hands of the refs. I know for a fact there are three or four coaches that actively seek to get to the FT line on every play. Fox and Ryan are two of the worst in that regard. It is not good basketball. It is a manipulation. These plays happen so quick it is hard for a ref not to blow the whistle. The rules need to be changed. The anticipation calls need to go.

Atlhogfan1

They should have flopped more.  They are very good at it.  I said during the Az game they reminded me of the Spurs or the old Jazz.  Wisky should not complain about officiating. 

GolfNut57

So he wants the rules rewritten now to benefit his team? The defender has to have position established or it is a foul on him every time if there is contact with the offensive player. And I saw there were quite a few times tonight where Kaminsky jumped into the defender and still got the call.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:53:02 pm

Dekker actually didn't travel. Watch the replay, his pivot never moved.

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 11:02:41 pm
They should have flopped more.  They are very good at it.  I said during the Az game they reminded me of the Spurs or the old Jazz.  Wisky should not complain about officiating.
Duke took them to school on flopping.

GolfNut57

Quote from: revolution on April 06, 2015, 11:00:01 pm
My last comment tonight - after that piss poor job of officiating, I'm done watching college basketball until next season! Somebody's gotta take a stand!

Who's with me?

That should be easy as there is no college basketball left until next year.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on April 06, 2015, 10:59:15 pm
LOL, really? Frank makes a career by jumping into defenders and initiating the contact, many times ending in and 1s.....
Correct....he is the last person to complain. His style of basketball is ruining the game IMO more than anything. You know what his comments were at half time? Get to the FT line more. Mark Fox and Tony Bennett also believe the same. It is not fun basketball to watch. All the stoppages of play ruin rhythm and momentum. It is like watching a puppet master manipulate his players on stage with invisible strings. For a while during the 90's the uptempo teams ruled and everybody started playing that way. Started again in the early 00's a shift back to the slow down game where teams look for not the best shot but the best shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock often looking for contact. College basketball needs a shift back to more uptempo style of play and relaxation of the hand check rules.

onebadrubi

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 11:02:41 pm

You mean grabbing a jersey and pulling them into a pick like Stockton used to do is a foul? I'm trying to figure this out, according to some on here, we need to learn a little about BB.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

GolfNut57

Quote from: rude1 on April 06, 2015, 10:58:03 pm
I wonder what Ryan thought when his player went out of bounds came back in being the first one to touch the ball and scored against KY? Or how about watching his guy get a rebound with 0 on the shot clock, stick it back in and have it count against Ky? It's unfortunate he of all people would cry about officiating.

Pretty much my thinking too.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hoglady on April 06, 2015, 10:48:34 pm
Listening to Ryan post game right now.
He said it was the most physical game they've played all year. Said it was a shame the game was allowed to be played that way. Said his players are struggling with that right now.
Knew there was a reason not to like him.

N HOG

Jay Bilas now telling us officiating was fine!!

GolfNut57

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 06, 2015, 11:12:47 pm
Knew there was a reason not to like him.

So much for handling a disappointing loss with class. I am willing to bet that if Duke had lost tonight Coach K would have done nothing but congratulated the other team and not said one word about the officiating.

onebadrubi

Quote from: N HOG on April 06, 2015, 11:15:50 pm
Jay Bilas now telling us officiating was fine!!

Are you shocked that every other game was officiated horrible but this one was ok, his words, not min.  He was an admitted homer

N HOG

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 11:17:13 pm
So much for handling a disappointing loss with class. I am willing to bet that if Duke had lost tonight Coach K would have done nothing but congratulated the other team and not said one word about the officiating.
Has K ever had officiating go against him in a big game?

GolfNut57

Quote from: N HOG on April 06, 2015, 11:19:34 pm
Has K ever had officiating go against him in a big game?

Unless he wins the title every year I am pretty sure he has.

N HOG

Final Four free throws....57-26.

What about that is hard to understand?

Especially since we've all seen it over and over with Coach Whiney" K.

Others may simply whine but he gets results.

GolfNut57

Quote from: N HOG on April 06, 2015, 11:24:32 pm
Final Four free throws....57-26.

What about that is hard to understand?

Especially since we've all seen it over and over with Coach Whiney" K.

Others may simply whine but he gets results.

That's already been covered by the two teams different offensive strategies. And it is a point that I doubt would even be brought up had Wisky hung on for the win tonight.

hogginbama

Its the dang inconsistency on both ends of the court that pisses me off. There were a couple of fouls called on Okafor that were simple "breathing on Frank" calls, then he would mug the crap out of someone and it wouldn't be called. Same on the other end, the Jones breakaway at the end was an example. Clearly fouled/mugged on the lay-up attempt and nothing called. 5 previous trips down the court, barely touched by Wisconsin and the whistle blew.

Inconsistency kills the flow of the game. Players have no clue what they will get by with or get called for. Officials across the court decide to blow their whistles while the official on top of the call sees nothing.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hogginbama on April 06, 2015, 11:27:57 pm
Its the dang inconsistency on both ends of the court that pisses me off. There were a couple of fouls called on Okafor that were simple "breathing on Frank" calls, then he would mug the crap out of someone and it wouldn't be called. Same on the other end, the Jones breakaway at the end was an example. Clearly fouled/mugged on the lay-up attempt and nothing called. 5 previous trips down the court, barely touched by Wisconsin and the whistle blew.

Inconsistency kills the flow of the game. Players have no clue what they will get by with or get called for. Officials across the court decide to blow their whistles while the official on top of the call sees nothing.

Just like in MLB, as long as you have humans calling the games you are going to have inconsistency.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 11:17:13 pm
Exactly. I hate Duke, but respect the coach. About 90 they surpassed UNC and KU on my hateometer!

hogginbama

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 11:30:33 pm
Just like in MLB, as long as you have humans calling the games you are going to have inconsistency.

Inconsistency is expected, but to the level that has been displayed over the past year or so is a little overboard.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hogginbama on April 06, 2015, 11:38:39 pm
Inconsistency is expected, but to the level that has been displayed over the past year or so is a little overboard.

Nah........it has been that way for a LONG time...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 11:07:49 pm
You mean grabbing a jersey and pulling them into a pick like Stockton used to do is a foul? I'm trying to figure this out, according to some on here, we need to learn a little about BB.

Or hook your arm inside the defender's while dribbling and then flail like Stockton or Hornacek. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 11:40:27 pm
They got an after 3PM guest special since Troon took over. 25 buck for 18 and a cart. Helluva deal. That's on any course, Even Grenada.

But not Diamante.....

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 11:41:26 pm
But not Diamante.....

No. I think they open that up 4 or 5 times a year. Club Corp actually owns that. They are in a lawsuit now over the fees and the folks that are grandfathered. $480 a month extra POA. The course is simply to hard for 75% of the members since they are getting older. I keep hoping they will put it in the rotation one day.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 11:41:05 pm
Or hook your arm inside the defender's while dribbling and then flail like Stockton or Hornacek.
That's not cheating.  That's an art form.