Blow a important call every game.

revolution

What's the free throw discrepancy?

Dr. Starcs

It really is amazing. And to think these are the best. Lol

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogville38 on April 06, 2015, 10:17:16 pm
Blow a important call every game.

They decided at half time to change the game and insert their will. 

kaki

Could have given the whistles to the Duke assistants and the calls wouldn't be much different!

Razorback_Mack

Steef

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 06, 2015, 10:19:25 pm
They decided at half time to change the game and insert their will.

QFT

kaki

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on April 06, 2015, 10:23:07 pm
The money was on Duke
and some of that money must have been the officials!

revolution

Every drive for Duke got a foul. Then Duke could play physical on defense and never even got called for enough fouls to get Wisconsin in the bonus. Some Duke players made plays down the stretch, but officials kept them in the game for 10 minutes when Wisconsin was owning the actual play.

Hexametaphosph8

They need a replay official in an office somewhere or go find a 50" tv instead of the 10" monitor they seem to go consult

Atlhogfan1

Duke drove in the first half and Wisky had two fouls.  Coach K worked the officials and Grayson Allen did a great job of drawing contact in the second half. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

phadedhawg

Glad I'm not alone. I was shocked by some of the calls. If I were a badger I'd be livid

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:29:58 pm
Duke drove in the first half and Wisky had two fouls.  Coach K worked the officials and Grayson Allen did a great job of drawing contact in the second half.
Drawing contact? That's funny Vaughn

orgkeith

Allen also pushed off and cleared out with his left forearm on every drive.

revolution

Duke is NOT the best team this year. It is SHAMEFUL what the officials did to that game. It really lessens my interest in college basketball. Just a sad state of affairs. Officials at most levels of sports are completely out of control and no longer serving the game!

GolfNut57

So where was the crying about the foul call discrepancy when it was Wisconsin that got called for very few fouls in the first half, 2 I think it was, when Duke was getting called for everything? FWIW, Duke was called for 13 fouls for the game while Wisky was called for just two more at 15. And Duke had two starting players with 4 fouls in Okafor and Winslow while Wisky only had one bench player called for 4 fouls. Don't see much favoritism for Duke there.

Funny how there is ALWAYS crying about the refs after every game when the team that wins isn't the one that the consensus wanted to win.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Atlhogfan1

;D  Enjoyable trophy presentation. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JIHawg

Duke is flopping all over the place.  This is just too obvious.

revolution

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:36:10 pm
So where was the crying about the foul call discrepancy when it was Wisconsin that got called for very few fouls in the first half, 2 I think it was, when Duke was getting called for everything? FWIW, Duke was called for 13 fouls for the game while Wisky was called for just two more at 15. And Duke had two starting players with 4 fouls in Okafor and Winslow while Wisky only had one bench player called for 4 fouls. Don't see much favoritism for Duke there.

Funny how there is ALWAYS crying about the refs after every game when the team that wins isn't the one that the consensus wanted to win.

What was the free throw discrepancy in the first half for Wisconsin? Minimal. What about the second half for Duke? Huge and ballgame. End of story. Officials decide the games.

GolfNut57

Quote from: phadedhawg on April 06, 2015, 10:31:19 pm
Glad I'm not alone. I was shocked by some of the calls. If I were a badger I'd be livid

And of you were a Blue Devil you would have been livid in the first half. No way Wisky only committed TWO fouls in the first half.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 06, 2015, 10:36:37 pm
;D  Enjoyable trophy presentation.

Nothing involving Mark Emmert is enjoyable

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: revolution on April 06, 2015, 10:38:40 pm
What was the free throw discrepancy in the first half for Wisconsin? Minimal. What about the second half for Duke? Huge and ballgame. End of story. Officials decide the games.

7-4 I believe. 

Flops 1-1 for the game.  Refs evened it up. 

GolfNut57

The Duke haters are out in force tonight.  ;D

revolution

Will a non-traditional power ever win another championship? DOUBTFUL! Officials favor the brand!

HogCzar1

Coach K's comments at the half with Tracy Wolfson must have made their way to the officials. Duke got nearly every call in the 2nd half.

They totally missed Winslow stepping out of bounds, as well as touching the ball before it went out. I am sure that if we were in place of Wisconsin, we would be furious at the refs. They were not consistent throughout the tourney.

Having said that, Allen of Duke was the game MVP, and was outstanding. The big question for Wisconsin in the game was where was Dekker?

N HOG

Two games in Final Four....Dook 57 ft, Opponents 26. What more need be said?

GolfNut57

Quote from: revolution on April 06, 2015, 10:38:40 pm

Pretty sure FT differences are covered after every game. When you have one team aggressively attacking the basket vs the other team that passively attacks it then you are going to have FT discrepancies.

hoglady

Duke has been getting calls for the last 20 years.
What happened is nothing new.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ronmahony

Wisconsin has had it rough with officials, first it was the second half against Ky. Now Duke in the second half.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:39:00 pm
And of you were a Blue Devil you would have been livid in the first half. No way Wisky only committed TWO fouls in the first half.

Wisonsin played very clean defense in the first half.  Wisonsin on the offensive side of the ball had a pretty fair game called.  It was when duke was on offense the 2h when the refs imposed their will.  Winslow was playing out of control 3 times he should (not could) have been called on charges (which fouls him out of the game) yet they gave him shooting block calls instead.  He also stepped and dribbled out of bounds.  The refs listened to coach K's constant whining and they let it alter their officiating. 

HSVhogfan2

Frank is the most protected guy in BB. Bodied up on Okafor every time and no calls. Okafor fouled him once and ended up with 4. It was a great game, Dekker just didn't shoot it like he'd been doing. If he has this game against UNC, they lose in the sweet 16. Wiscy had a helluva run.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 06, 2015, 10:40:12 pm
Coach K's comments at the half with Tracy Wolfson must have made their way to the officials. Duke got nearly every call in the 2nd half.

They totally missed Winslow stepping out of bounds, as well as touching the ball before it went out. I am sure that if we were in place of Wisconsin, we would be furious at the refs. They were not consistent throughout the tourney.

Having said that, Allen of Duke was the game MVP, and was outstanding. The big question for Wisconsin in the game was where was Dekker?

Winslow was pushed.

hoglady

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:39:51 pm
The Duke haters are out in force tonight.  ;D

Most fans who hate Duke - hate them because they've been the recipient of homer officiating for 2 decades.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Steef

At one point, a Badger's jaw fowled a Devil's elbow.

revolution

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 06, 2015, 10:41:49 pm
Pretty sure FT differences are covered after every game. When you have one team aggressively attacking the basket vs the other team that passively attacks it then you are going to have FT discrepancies.

What a joke! Duke players out of control many times throwing themselves into defense were bailed out by officals. Wisconsin also drove and converted but no "and ones" as on the other end. Now Duke players did take advantage - that is true and to their credit. But officials covered their rears once Duke was down 9 and made sure they had a chance to stay in the game. Duke took what was handed to them.

ronmahony

Winslow was pushed? Lol, that dude charges every time he gets the ball.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

rude1

This. Duke attacked the basket the whole game, only got a couple of calls in the first half and had to play with two of their best players in foul trouble most of the game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 10:43:04 pm
Frank is the most protected guy in BB. Bodied up on Okafor every time and no calls. Okafor fouled him once and ended up with 4. It was a great game, Dekker just didn't shoot it like he'd been doing. If he has this game against UNC, they lose in the sweet 16. Wiscy had a helluva run.

Lol you are just COMPLETELY wrong.  Okafor's 4th foul was a complete hack on Kaminsky's arm. 

HSVhogfan2

On the official review, usually if the spin on the ball does not change, or the ball doesn't change direction, the call is not changed. I thought Winslow touched as well, but has to be overwhelming evidence.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

Wisconsin had Duke on the ropes and couldn't knock them out.  Don't blame the officials because they missed shots, Frank missed multiple opportunities down the stretch and they couldn't stop Allen with Duke about to be knocked out.   

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 06, 2015, 10:42:09 pm
Wisonsin played very clean defense in the first half.  Wisonsin on the offensive side of the ball had a pretty fair game called.  It was when duke was on offense the 2h when the refs imposed their will.  Winslow was playing out of control 3 times he should (not could) have been called on charges (which fouls him out of the game) yet they gave him shooting block calls instead.  He also stepped and dribbled out of bounds.  The refs listened to coach K's constant whining and they let it alter their officiating.

Personally I thought it was hilarious how the Wisky coach was whining early in the second half about his team being called for their 5th or 6th foul after they were only called for two in the first half. The Big 10 is known for playing physically in basketball and to see it cried about how they allegedly got screwed by the refs is ridiculous.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 06, 2015, 10:46:30 pm
Lol you are just COMPLETELY wrong.  Okafor's 4th foul was a complete hack on Kaminsky's arm.

I said one. That's the one. I didn't care who won, unlike most of this board.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

revolution

Listen to Coach Bo Ryan. He knows his team got screwed!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 06, 2015, 10:46:30 pm

His third was a lot of ball. 

hoglady

Listening to Ryan post game right now.
He said it was the most physical game they've played all year. Said it was a shame the game was allowed to be played that way. Said his players are struggling with that right now.

flippinhogmana

all I can say is that Wisconsin got hosed by the officials, they were playing five on eight way too much of the time.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hoglady on April 06, 2015, 10:44:29 pm
Most fans who hate Duke - hate them because they've been the recipient of homer officiating for 2 decades.

We hear the same thing when it is KY in basketball and Bama in football.

HSVhogfan2

April 06, 2015, 10:49:10 pm #47 Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:01:55 pm by HSVhogfan2
Quote from: revolution on April 06, 2015, 10:47:30 pm
Listen to Coach Bo Ryan. He knows his team got screwed!

Chicken crap comments. Refs didn't beat them, they couldnt check #3, they couldnt open up the lead with Okafir on the bench.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Razorback_Mack

Bo Ryan agrees that the officials were horrible. I'm
sure the morons that disagree are on their knees for duke. Anybody that played in a boys club game know the officiating was a joke.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on April 06, 2015, 10:47:22 pm
I said one. That's the one. I didn't care who won, unlike most of this board.

Haha I was hoping to bait you into that.  Now you're show I just how wrong you are.  That wasn't the only OBVIOUS one