Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank goodness!

Started by RacinRazorback, April 06, 2015, 12:55:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRazorback

We get to watch a championship game with no Kensucky team! I don't care if I ever hear WCS or Harrison twins again! Hopefully Cal goes to the NBA and we never hear about him again. For 6 weeks Kensucky was all the media could talk about, pimpin UK anyway they could. Tonights game should be a good one. I would like to see Wisconsin win but either way it should be a great game.

hogsanity

Quote from: RacinRazorback on April 06, 2015, 12:55:28 pm
We get to watch a championship game with no Kensucky team! I don't care if I ever hear WCS or Harrison twins again! Hopefully Cal goes to the NBA and we never hear about him again. For 6 weeks Kensucky was all the media could talk about, pimpin UK anyway they could. Tonights game should be a good one. I would like to see Wisconsin win but either way it should be a great game.

And if Duke wins that si all the college basletball news we will hera for about 6 months is how the Duke dynasty is back.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Danny J

Quote from: hogsanity on April 06, 2015, 01:13:47 pm
And if Duke wins that si all the college basletball news we will hera for about 6 months is how the Duke dynasty is back.
I heard on the radio this morning that coach K is something like 0-4 or 1-3 against 1 seeds in the title game. Of course that includes us in 94.

hoglady

I know what you mean.
And I normally hate Duke - but I'm an Okafor fan.
Hard not to be when you read his life story and his Arkansas roots.
I will be pulling for Wisky all the way, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RacinRazorback

You are correct, Duke gets their share of publicity. They are one of the chosen schools that always seems to be a bit above the law.

Atlhogfan1

I've been a Duke fan(after the Hogs) since the early 80s with the Amaker/Dawkins backcourt before Coach K's first F4, the jealousy/hate, Laettner, the NC's etc.  Duke has earned its share of publicity.  I don't think a dynasty exists nor will one be claimed to be back.  Duke basketball has changed during Coach K's era including the way they play.  He has been much less stubborn to play zone.  In seasons like 2010 and this one where they have talent and a little depth in the frontcourt, they have a chance to have a great season.  In many of the rest, they died by the 3pt shot with the D'Antoni system influence.  The F4 appearances have become more infrequent.

I don't know if Duke can beat Wisconsin twice.  Their win earlier this season was one of the most impressive Duke performances in a long time.  And Dekker wasn't 100%.  Something about this Wisconsin team leads me to think they will probably win.  I would like to see Coach K pass Rupp in NC's but getting that 4th in 2010 was very gratifying as was tying Wooden in F4 appearances this year. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Hate em meter
Kentucky XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Duke       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Go badgers!