Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita on TV Today

Started by Razorhogger, April 02, 2015, 09:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2015, 10:33:20 am
If Portis did come back, you could have Kapita play the 5 behind Kingsley, since he probably will be a little too slow for the 4 in our system right now. That will give Thompson another year to develop. Or, if Williams and Miles aren't contributing at the 4, you could go big and have Kapita play the 4, but not use the bigs on the press like we did in 1994.

I like the options tho. Should be fun. Let's hope we have to worry about what to do with all this talent when Portis and Qualls come back.
No joke. It is fun to think about. Hopefully we can add Frazier to this class, too. Then, after Qualls and Portis leave, we have a shot to add Monk and Macon to go along with Frazier, Whitt, and Beard. That would be a pretty ridiculous backcourt if all are as good as expected.

mizzouman

jry04

Quote from: mizzouman on April 03, 2015, 07:28:15 am
Kapita is raw, hurt or not.  Hasn't played a lot of basketball, period.

But, his upside is tremendous.  Needs a year or two, unless someone magically gets a hold of him during the summer.

However, if he progresses, he could be a force for the Hogs in the future.

Now, I've never seen him play but this is coming from a guy that knows Coach Fulford at Mizzou.  Fulford never coached him officially as part of Huntington Prep, but has worked him out and knows him very well.
I have not seen him enough to have an opinion other than youtube videos. However, every article and scouting report that I have read has talked about how he has dominated his competition when he was healthy. You make it sound like he is some big project, while national scouts have him pegged as an instant impact player for Arkansas next season because of his athleticism, high motor, and defensive ability.

For anyone interested, here is a great article on Kapita and the type of person he is.

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/for-huntington-prep-player-basketball-is-more-than-a-game

pfrg999

Quote from: NVRyield on April 02, 2015, 10:04:52 pm
Phonics didn't work for me  ;)

I used to be Hooked on Phonics, But after the Library intervention.. I seem to be ok.... Oh I still read at parties and for fun with friends.. But I'm in control
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: jry04 on April 03, 2015, 11:13:52 am
I have not seen him enough to have an opinion other than youtube videos. However, every article and scouting report that I have read has talked about how he has dominated his competition when he was healthy. You make it sound like he is some big project, while national scouts have him pegged as an instant impact player for Arkansas next season because of his athleticism, high motor, and defensive ability.

For anyone interested, here is a great article on Kapita and the type of person he is.

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/for-huntington-prep-player-basketball-is-more-than-a-game
Just going by what I've been told.  He has tremendous upside but may be a year or two away.

The Hogs got a good player in Kapita. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: mizzouman on April 03, 2015, 01:37:15 pm
Just going by what I've been told.  He has tremendous upside but may be a year or two away.

The Hogs got a good player in Kapita. 

In his first year, I think Kapita will be for rebounding what Kinglsey was for interior shot blocking. He will probably develop quicker than Moses because he is physically stronger and he will have more opportunities because he won't have Portis in front of him for 2 years.

Piggage

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 03, 2015, 11:14:34 am
I used to be Hooked on Phonics, But after the Library intervention.. I seem to be ok.... Oh I still read at parties and for fun with friends.. But I'm in control

Same here. I do a little social reading on occasion. But I can quit anytime I want...

imtad16

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on April 02, 2015, 01:31:43 pm
Don't know if he is gonna get a lot of chances. Huntington has a bunch of chuckers playing guard.

The_Iceman

imtad16

Thanks Iceman... good eye.

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 03, 2015, 02:03:51 pm
In his first year, I think Kapita will be for rebounding what Kinglsey was for interior shot blocking. He will probably develop quicker than Moses because he is physically stronger and he will have more opportunities because he won't have Portis in front of him for 2 years.
Could be. This summer may make all the difference for him.

lumphog

Quote from: Piggage on April 03, 2015, 02:12:59 pm
Same here. I do a little social reading on occasion. But I can quit anytime I want...
me too...... I'm quitin next week

yraciv

I really have no idea what to expect from Kapita year 1.  I think he is a great talent who has shown a lot of promise in international showcases, but he did a whole lot of nothing this year. I hope he fully recovers, but there is always that question mark.