Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Time To Empty The Stadium

Started by The NewEra, November 05, 2017, 07:40:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 05, 2017, 08:58:25 am
Probably should happen. Probably won't happen. High percentage of fans don't truly care about wins and losses. They get entertainment and socializing. That's enough for 30k or more to show up.  And they'll keep it from looking too empty.
social media has been plastered all season with posts about how bad the hogs were but a picture with alcohol proclaims they were still as to get drunk with their  friends.
This is fun, isn't it.

hawkhawg

Most of these guys calling for a boycott do not go to games anyway. I will be there to enjoy a Hog game.

ricepig

Quote from: Grunt on November 05, 2017, 09:33:20 am
Collateral loss.

Easy for you to say, go say it to a player, or their parent.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 09:37:02 am

Look in the stands...the empty seats speak louder than words ever could.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 05, 2017, 09:16:41 am
I guess people have a short memory.  I will take this time to remind everyone;  We have won the last two games,  and still have a chance to go bowling.  The ole miss game was the biggest come back in over 20 years.  You guys, that have hated Bielema from the get go,  are peeing yourselves with excitement that the Razorbacks are struggling...  but calling for people to empty out the stands is something a snowflake would do.  Perhaps you all should join the Liberals this weekend for the 'scream at the sky' event.

Isn't that event being held at DWRRS next Saturday?

duckman

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 05, 2017, 09:03:04 am
And empty living rooms.  For the first time in 15 years, i skipped the game and went to movies with wife and daughter. 

I did the same thing with my wife...  :)

shown006

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 07:40:29 am
There are two more home games.  Apparently the only way to make the message clear to the administration that a change in head coaching is past due is an empty stadium.
You will probably get your wish on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  After 2 more losses.....stadium will be 1/2 full at best.  It's gonna look ugly on national t.v. on CBS.
WPS!

Grunt

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 09:37:02 am
I would tell them so and offer condolences.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: shown006 on November 05, 2017, 09:45:57 am
You will probably get your wish on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  After 2 more losses.....stadium will be 1/2 full at best.  It's gonna look ugly on national t.v. on CBS.

Meh...nobody will be watching on tv either.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BearsBisonsBoars

cjack

Quote from: duckman on November 05, 2017, 08:50:35 am

Exactly. That picture doesn't even represent the true emptiness. All the empty red seats and seat backs make it appear more full than it was.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Hoggy Hogalot

The crowd actually increased from what that pic showed. Not by leaps and bounds by any means.

ricepig

Quote from: Grunt on November 05, 2017, 09:46:44 am
I would tell them so and offer condolences.

So, are you doing this during the player walk on that Friday?

Ex-Trumpet

donk

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 08:50:19 am
I do not have tickets.  I will not be there.  You are free to go if you want.

The only way to start a boycott is for someone to call for it.  If that offends you, then sorry.  Do I think the seniors deserve better, yes!  My larger concerns are for the vast majority of players who will be returning to play one or more years.  They deserve better than what they've been receiving from this coach.   I didn't create this situation though.  Bielema did!
You don't have tickets. LOL.  I'm going to protest the Dallas Cowboys game today because they should play Mcfadden more.  Is everyone with me?

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on November 05, 2017, 09:51:18 am
The crowd actually increased from what that pic showed. Not by leaps and bounds by any means.

Don't put facts out there. Was the crowd small, you bet, was it as in that picture during the 1st qt, nope. The West stands had more, both hopped and lower, probably about 50,000 in attendance.

ricepig

NuttinItUp

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 05, 2017, 10:03:55 am
Dang. There are some high schools that draw more than that.

Like just about every high school in Texas.

axharbor

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 05, 2017, 08:58:25 am
Probably should happen. Probably won't happen. High percentage of fans don't truly care about wins and losses. They get entertainment and socializing. That's enough for 30k or more to show up.  And they'll keep it from looking too empty.
I agree 110%. It's just entertainment for a lot of fans, enough of them at least to not look empty. Drink and watch a butt whooping.  Keep giving just enough money to the program that changes aren't necessary. Eventually even those staying away hoping for change will come back after they realize if they want Razorback Football they better get used to JL and BB and just accept it and start spending their money on tickets, concessions, etc...  2018 they'll still have BB around and enough people wanting to see the finished stadium they'll have it fullish again. We have 2 games left to make a statement and I just don't think there are enough willing to stay home 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 05, 2017, 10:04:59 am
Like just about every high school in Texas.

True. There are probably some junior high schools or middle schools in Texas that draw more than that.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 05, 2017, 10:48:22 am
As long as you keep doing that, don't expect to see many wins
Ridiculous conclusion.

There are other ways to slaughter a hog.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 11:12:59 am
Ridiculous conclusion.

There are other ways to slaughter a hog.

Here in Texas we shoot 'em.  But I'd never advocate that in this situation.

MTBrookHog

Why can't you people understand that tickets have been BOUGHT. Jeff Long don't care if you show up or not. HE'S ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY!!!

gangstaback

On the positive side ...

I enjoyed hearing the band yesterday. They truly are a talented bunch. Reminded me of a game at Bud Walton.

They should do something to amplify their sound at the stadium. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MTBrookHog on November 05, 2017, 11:27:36 am
Why can't you people understand that tickets have been BOUGHT. Jeff Long don't care if you show up or not. HE'S ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY!!!

Uhh...that's not the point
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

buldozer

I refuse to go see this oaf again. I have and will continue to be a hog fan but I'm not a fan of CBB. I will never see him coach another game in person and if he's not fired by the time next year's tickets get billed, I will drop my seats. It is very unfortunate that this is what its come to in order for Jeff Long to make a decision to support the fans rather than his friend CBB.

MissippHog

East Clintwood

Emptying the stadium is only the start.

It doesn't reach it's full effect until you also stop buying the tickets to begin with.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ShadowHawg

Change doesn't happen here when the stadium is full.

porkrindjimmy

Here is what it is time for.

It is time to let Jeff Long and Bret Bielema that every single stinking problem up there lays at their feet. They have been arrogant and today the chickens are roosting. Long tied a noose around his neck the day he fired Bobby and it has remained there for 6 years. You took your cash cow, ran him off, although it was Bobby's fault, and replaced him with a damn bobblehead. It is only a matter of time till somebody gives Jeff a stiff push with that noose hitched around him.

People are tired of donate, donate, support, support while a dang slaughterhouse of a wreck plays out in front of them. Write letters? If you even get a reply, it is "got it"...then they sign you up on their phone Banks and snail mail crawl. Call the AD's office and the nutcase that answers the phone up there tells you to go root for another team.....that is flat out don't give a damn, arrogant attitude.

So people quit attending games and people get riled up...oh noes...you can't do that.

You have reached the point with a whole bunch of fans that while they have much love for the you ofA....That can't seem to find a single frick..........

Jeff did this, Bret did this, no one else. Not a fan, not fans, not TJ, not Brian Wallace...nobody but Jeff and Bret.

The house is on fire, it is gonna have to cool down before we can go in and assess who is charred and who snuck out the back door. What I don't have to assess is who started the fire......

Jeff Long

PRJ

elksnort

Sed76

If my son was on the team I'd be there for sure. That's being a good parent and don't fault anyone for that. But I can't imagine anyone else wanting to drive hours and spend money to watch this team. Bret and Jeff have killed all enthusiasm and hope when it comes to Arkansas football. A few years ago I would have been stroke level watching that disaster yesterday. Instead, just shook my head occasionally and channel flipped. But honestly if the powers that be haven't gotten the message by now then we are beyond screwed.

hobhog

Good grief if one fan went to the next game representing every time this has been posted it would be standing room only.

And again- when was time last YOU even went to a game? Rhetorical question.

1highhog

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Sed76 on November 05, 2017, 01:44:03 pm
If my son was on the team I'd be there for sure. That's being a good parent and don't fault anyone for that. But I can't imagine anyone else wanting to drive hours and spend money to watch this team. Bret and Jeff have killed all enthusiasm and hope when it comes to Arkansas football. A few years ago I would have been stroke level watching that disaster yesterday. Instead, just shook my head occasionally and channel flipped. But honestly if the powers that be haven't gotten the message by now then we are beyond screwed.

I am still at stroke level...was yesterday and ain't calmed down much today.

They, Jeff and Bret, have made a mockery of a once proud program with the greatest fanbase in the country. And people, right here today, say it is the fans fault. That the fans are stupid. 

I say if you can actually look at the product on the field, look at the sidelines and then have the gall to say it's the fans fault....well, it is they who need committed.

This is a travesty.....

PRJ

ShadowTheHedgehog

It is not time to empty the station. The tickets have been sold it does not matter. If you on the other hand don't want to renew next year, that may get some attention. Not going to the last two games is just a sh1tty thing to do to our seniors IMO.

With all this said, as an NO fan, I can tell you that you can attend the games and still get your point across.

porkrindjimmy

And another thing that needs done....firing Bret Bielema and firing Jeff Long needs to mentioned in every conversation. Every single one. Mention it at work. Talk with your preacher about it. When your wife is dang near asleep, mention it to her. Mention it to Lum down at the rooster fights you attend. Mention it to your gun dealer, your liquor store representative....Hell, email Donna Brazille about it.....

It needs to be mentioned hourly....and loudly.

PRJ

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

porkrindjimmy

elviscat

We are the laughing stock of the SEC and JL and BB has made this happen. Clean house, Now!

Hogsfan1981

Fans that visit forums will land hard on one side or the other on this. Support the team!/Don't support this coach!

However, most casual fans(the majority) won't show up. They don't want to waste the money or the day on being frustrated.

People at my work who never even mention sports are mad. Either way people will eventually stop going no matter what anyone says.

No program can keep doing this and keep a majority of the fans.

M L (bassplayer)

We were there yesterday til the very end and glad we stayed. We'll be there for the next two also.

The NewEra

nesjunk

Quote from: duckman on November 05, 2017, 08:50:35 am

I agree it's time for a change, and attendance was down.  No doubt.  But this is a terribly misleading photo.  The section on the left is the visitors' section.  Only relatives travel to see 1-7 Sun Belt teams.  The section on the right is the band section.  Obviously, they are on the field. 

Attendance is always down for these rent-a-wins, but it was worse than usual.  But comparisons with high school teams simply aren't realistic.  There were a lot of Hog fans there, and yes, we can have a good time even when the coach is a bozo.

Porked Tongue

November 05, 2017, 04:01:13 pm #97 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:32:02 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 03:43:25 pm
I won't
That's been established since you don't have tickets.

Good luck trying to talk others into not going due to your druthers.

010HogFan

Quote from: nesjunk on November 05, 2017, 03:48:06 pm
I agree it's time for a change, and attendance was down.  No doubt.  But this is a terribly misleading photo.  The section on the left is the visitors' section.  Only relatives travel to see 1-7 Sun Belt teams.  The section on the right is the band section.  Obviously, they are on the field. 

Attendance is always down for these rent-a-wins, but it was worse than usual.  But comparisons with high school teams simply aren't realistic.  There were a lot of Hog fans there, and yes, we can have a good time even when the coach is a bozo.

Quit trying to justify this. The crowd was pitiful.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: The NewEra on November 05, 2017, 08:08:25 am
A near empty stadium on the Friday after Thanksgiving on CBS could help force some higher ups to demand change.

The decision will be made before that. Go to the game -- you may see a great game. Should be about 62-41 or something.