Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams/Punt Returns

Started by LeapHog, August 31, 2010, 05:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LeapHog

Saw in the paper today were Petrino was discussing special teams. He brought up hatefields (spelling?) return in the 64 game against Texas. He even went as far to guarantee at least one return for a TD. Personally I'm excited to see Joe returning punts i think the more we can get him the ball in open space the better. For the last few years Ive been disappointed in our punt returns even going back to Hillis i know he had great hands but to many times i saw him let catchable balls bounce over his head resulting in 10 to 20 more yards tacked on to the punt. And i wont even mention The Muff.. :'(..... with all that said I was wondering your thoughts on Joe Fielding punts or if there is someone else you would rather see returning them??

idochog

I like the thought of Joe Adams back there but if I remember correctly, he muffed one against A&M last year.

A potential explosive PR person has been lacking for a long, long time.

Hootie always had a PUNT CATCHER
I love Jesus!

DoubleJ

Quote from: idochog on August 31, 2010, 05:17:37 pm
I like the thought of Joe Adams back there but if I remember correctly, he muffed one against A&M last year.

A potential explosive PR person has been lacking for a long, long time.

Hootie always had a PUNT CATCHER

Jerrell Norton muffed that one.  I don't think Joe got any opportunities last year.  I could be wrong, though.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: DoubleJ on August 31, 2010, 05:53:37 pm
Jerrell Norton muffed that one.  I don't think Joe got any opportunities last year.  I could be wrong, though.
I think Joe muffed a kickoff....can't remember what game.  Dennis was hurt or something.

1highhog

The last time we had guys that were punt returners goes all the way back to Danny Ford days, and I need to think on that some.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: 1highhog on August 31, 2010, 05:57:36 pm
The last time we had guys that were punt returners goes all the way back to Danny Ford days, and I need to think on that some.
Actually, Marvin Jackson was our last good return man.

prodigalhawg

August 31, 2010, 06:08:03 pm #6 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:17:09 pm by prodigalhawg
Joe muffed a punt in the Missouri State game in Little Rock last year(end of the 1st quarter).  I am sure that he has improved since then.

ark525

The best punt returners are almost always upperclassmen with multiple years of starting experience.  They need to be used to taking hits, and can't get scared of the wall of people sprinting towards them as they try to catch the ball.

Given Joe's obvious toughness after that hit against LSU, plus his obvious speed and shiftyness, there's nobody I'd rather see back there.