Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Late night, Still riding the Hog high ramblings

Started by hogwxld, November 15, 2015, 01:55:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwxld

1. Corn Dogs don't feel the need or just can't get good QBs. Mettenberger was the best they've had in years and he lucked into their laps after being booted from another school with more scruples. Our D line were grown men blowing up the vaunted LSU offense. Hodge, Ledbetter, and Wise set up camp back there. Funny to see Wise get ticked off at the 8:18 mark in the 4th because of a time out we called milliseconds from another sack. 5 sacks was showing off already anyway. Our "slow" linebackers (per hogville) were 20 yards deep across the line of scrimmage because harris isnt Allen and wont throw it away or suck it up and take a 3 yard sack. Allen is a smart dude.

2. Living near Shreveport, my phone started blowing up first thing this morning with corndog hate texts. I texted back the Hog socks I had on. Seemed to intimidate them more than my Hogs Jersey. I followed up those texts with an apology at 21-0. Told them I should have only wore one sock, since we were friends and all. Wearing my hog socks is my new superstition, in keeping with the Bielema's practice. Got these socks 2 Christmas's ago. Saved them for the right occasion. I'll call them my bowl eligible Hog socks. I hope washing them doesn't affect their luck (or as Drew Morgan rightfully says, I hope God doesn't mind if I wash them.)

3. Jen looks good in a box. Patrick Swayze might have been wrong, Bret is a smart man. Mr. Integrity, Jeff Long, kept the wolves away. He couldn't have sat farther away from her in that box tho, maybe Jeff doesn't trust himself 100%, maybe only 99% or so. No man with any testosterone coursing thru his veins could look at her and not at least lose the big brain battle a little.

4. Jen also looked good on the sidelines late, when the game wasn't in question. Or that box got a little boring. Wonder if Jeff has jokes, he didn't look very entertaining. Seemed to be in his phone mostly. Bet my Jeff Long twitter feed has blown up. I keep him muted tho. Tweets more than my daughter texts. I check in once a day or so to see what he's up to, usually being too nice to someone. He's much better on the radio interviews re CFP anyway.

5. Darren McFadden and Alex Collins look and play nothing alike but share common Hog traits. 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. 80 yard TD runs by both are the longest allowed in the Les Miles era. Alex plays like noone I've ever seen. Has more patience than Job waiting on a block/hole top open and is thru it in a blink when it does. Sometimes I'd like to see him do a little J Will dance/spin and bulldozing. You can't be both types I don't think tho. Not to the level Alex is at patience. That vision seeing the linebacker moving right to cover his lane and instead blasting thru the middle for his 80 yarder was epic. Multiple angles and clips of him watching then exploiting in a split second are all over ESPN.

6. Miss St put up 304 yards passing against the tide but couldn't find the endzone. We managed only managed 175 yards passing against Alabama, 75 of those yards were in the last 2 minutes on 2 passes. Coker (COKER!) had 276 against us and only 144 against State. LSU had #2 offense coming into tonight. We got to Harris. Hell OUR freshmen linebacker Greenlaw sacked him for 19, and Ellis was right there flushing Harris to Dre and scooping up the fumble. I see a game where we rinse and repeat tonight's game plan. Run it, run it some more, play action. Hold the ball, keep Dak flushed and running backwards, not forward gains. We had them last year right til the end. Dak played high school ball 1/4 mile from my house in this sleepy little town. I blame myself for encouraging his ego on Friday nights and helping create the beast he is today.

7. Brandon didn't pass much or need to thankfully. He was 50/50 strikes with the others being low and high (Reed went up and scored on a high one, all the low passes were incomplete) Plus the fake fumble interception was underthrown and way left of Sprinkle. Brandon had a great night, but it wasn't an Auburn or Ole Miss kind of money ball night. Maybe Brandon was wore out from the throws last 2 weeks, maybe Enos saw writing on the wall. Maybe Alex breaking an 8o yard run changed our entire game plan. Mis St only rushed for 40 against LSU. They have to come thru the air. Hope Gaines is healthy by then, but other than some fluke tips into LSU hands, our 2ndary did well. Dj Dean stood out. I'd rather a PI than a freebie touchdown anyday. We had a couple chances at picks we dropped too.

8. Sebastian Tretola has giant balls. Dancing on the eye of the tiger. I wonder if he was jamming to Survivor with his Beats out there. Corn Dogs took offense of course. Didn't know this was a normal thing for him myself. The law finally ran him off. Shame. The main kid jawing at him was no match for our o line/back-up QB.

9.  After 27 losses, Miles has only lost the next game 3 times. All 3 to Arkansas. Les Miles is 6-5 vs. the Hogs. Admitting to a rivalry would be admitting to defeat. Death valley looked defeated and like a graveyard by the 4th quarter. Bet it was family friendly then. Bet the parking lot wasn't.

10. ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS are 6-4, 2nd in SEC - West This years teams we beat mattered. Felt good. Beating the teams we should have killed but lost to wouldn't have felt this good. Beating them would have put us in a tie for 1st tho. Alabama would still have to lose one for us to go to Atlanta either way. Sure would be nice for Gus to do something for the state that made the man and put the Gumps down again this year. Auburn buys miracles all the time, but I'm not sure the donors are ponying up the bagmen this year for the Iron Bowl. My ex-wife is an Alabama Alum. Just once before I stop paying child support, I'd like to send the check in a "Sorry for your Loss" card. Pisses me off that I pay and they live with me the majority of the time. On second thought, I'd pay any amount for that. Just don't tell HER. I think BB gets me my wish sooner than later. He's got LSU's number 3 years running minus a last second 99 yard game winner in year 1. You have to beat the LSUs to get to the Alabamas. The just aren't in the same class anymore.

TL;DR We had a good day and feel good about next week and the Hogs for the next few years under CBB.

One more, of all the out of state pundits only Chris Low was emphatic in calling this a Hog win in advance. Phil Steele dead wrong. SEC Network all wrong. ESPN is now spouting that LSU is overrated demeaning us while claiming Stanford was a shocker..

Well, two really. PENALTIES> TWO for 20 net yards. Froholdt offsides in the first half as a true freshman easily forgiven. Mattered not when Dre, another true freshman got 20 back on a sack and added a fumble to boot only 2 plays later. The other, DJ and the PI. Stop the TD. He made up for it by sealing the game with an interception in the end zone later. What about the offense? NONE. No false starts or holding in enemy territory. Remember the noise of the bama game? Same thing. Our guys got back to basics and play clean as the driven snow..as far as we know haha wink wink. I hear we are a little dirty. I like dirty. Christina Aguilera was dirty.;)

moses_007

Terrific post.  +100

I think every Razorback fan, no matter where you are, is sky high after this dominating victory at Baton Rouge.

i_lovemyhogs

Murr

Quote from: hogwxld on November 15, 2015, 01:55:53 am
2. Living near Shreveport, my phone started blowing up first thing this morning with corndog hate texts. I texted back the Hog socks I had on. Seemed to intimidate them more than my Hogs Jersey. I followed up those texts with an apology at 21-0. Told them I should have only wore one sock, since we were friends and all. Wearing my hog socks is my new superstition, in keeping with the Bielema's practice. Got these socks 2 Christmas's ago. Saved them for the right occasion. I'll call them my bowl eligible Hog socks. I hope washing them doesn't affect their luck (or as Drew Morgan rightfully says, I hope God doesn't mind if I wash them.)

I'd be scarred too.  I'd be a afraid the next thing you'd text me would be the hog undies you had on.

TNRazorbacker

I loved seeing that stadium quiet and dejected. Hogs eliminated the home field advantage factor rather quickly. Thats something to say when your playing a night game in Death Valley.

Shrevepork

Quote from: moses_007 on November 15, 2015, 02:30:26 am
Terrific post.  +100

I think every Razorback fan, no matter where you are, is sky high after this dominating victory at Baton Rouge.
[/quote

There's a smell this morning in my NW Louisiana home. It smells like VICTORY!

HoopS

DeltaBoy

I was at a Texas High School Playoff game last night and I watched the game on the DVR when I got home.

WOO PIGS SOOIE.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoggusMaximus