Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harold Horton on Broyles and Barnhill

Started by edemire, August 25, 2017, 02:25:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

Had the pleasure of talking to Harold Horton about the Broyles/Barnhill bond. He went into the difference between saying you are a "fourth quarter" team and actually, truly taking pride in being one.

http://onlyinark.com/sports/bielema-long-follow-footsteps-broyles-barnie/
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

I would agree that it may have been easier for Broyles to produce versus BB.  But Broyles did produce and BB hasn't.  Broyles took us from a National afterthought to Nationally relevant.  BB has held us at a barely above even position over 4 years and NOT NATIONALLY RELEVANT.  If not for the rent a wins, we would be pitiful.  However, Broyles had his share of rent a wins too.  I simply do not see the comparison of these 2 coaches could bring anyone to see similar situations.  I would offer that if Broyles hadn't produced any better that BB has produced, BARNIE likely would have fired him.