Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation

Started by Doug, September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which one are you?

Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
11 (1.4%)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
206 (26%)
Complete Darksider v²
523 (66%)
I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
53 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 782

AmityHOG

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:08:33 pm
Excellent....do anything you can to divide the fanbase.....applause

Yeah blame Hogville and Douglas for dividing the fanbase, I got news for you brother.
Jeff Long is the one you can thank for dividing the fan base, when he made the choice
to hire John L he sealed his fate as AD IMO.       People like you make me   :puke:
As far as I am concerned both JL and JLS can go play in traffic.
Some People's Kids

Okie Hog

RazorHawg16

I have yet to hear a logical explanation for how Long could have kept Petrino around.

GuvHog

September 10, 2012, 05:04:10 pm #103 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:06:17 pm by Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 04:31:45 pm
So tell me how could Long have kept Bobby?

He could have Suspended him for a while, fined him, and put him on 2 years probation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogchic2001

September 10, 2012, 05:05:18 pm #104 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:19:57 pm by hogchic2001
Darksider from day 1. I was against the firing of Coach Petrino and the hiring of Bozo the freaking clown! Once again, we are the laughing stock of college football!!!! I'm pissed!     :puke:
Go HOGS Go!

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 10, 2012, 03:36:40 pm
I'm surprised we don't have a "notshavintillongsgone" yet.
He woke up and sent me a message the other day. I expect his return soon.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 10, 2012, 05:04:10 pm
With an 11 Million dollar buy out??? Until Bobby was ready to retire.

By the way, Bobby ASKED for that 11 Million Dollar buy out right after he was hired. He intended to stay for a very long time.
I am talking about after the fiasco he pulled.

irishman

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 05:03:04 pm
I have yet to hear a logical explanation for how Long could have kept Petrino around.

It's been repeated a hundred times since April. You handle it in house; if you think you have to suspend him for a game and get him some "counseling" ...frankly it's not that complicated.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: irishman on September 10, 2012, 05:08:04 pm
It's been repeated a hundred times since April. You handle it in house; if you think you have to suspend him for a game and get him some "counseling" ...frankly it's not that complicated.
How exactly once the police report was this suppose to be swept under the rug?

AmityHOG

Hey DEVICE, when you gonna make some good JLS vids??   ;D ;D
Some People's Kids

GuvHog

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 05:10:04 pm

It didn't have to be swept under the rug.

irishman

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 05:10:04 pm

I'm not talking about hiding the incident I'm saying that post incident you just have Petrino do a "heartfelt" apology to the fans, state, and team and swear to never do it again and focus on getting his family back in order.

In the meantime Long suspends, fines, or restructures his contract so we can say "look, he's very very sorry and he is being punished and getting help."

Sure there would have been a bit of a media shlitstorm but it would have gone away by now. 

Grunt

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:10:42 pm
But you are standing up and down waving your hands promoting division...
bull
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: irishman on September 10, 2012, 05:16:03 pm
I'm not talking about hiding the incident I'm saying that post incident you just have Petrino do a "heartfelt" apology to the fans, state, and team and swear to never do it again and focus on getting his family back in order.

In the meantime Long suspends, fines, or restructures his contract so we can say "look, he's very very sorry and he is being punished and getting help."

Sure there would have been a bit of a media shlitstorm but it would have gone away by now. 

Ok so again how could this have happened? Long was lied to about the whole thing. If he had known the truth then maybe he would have been able to come up with a plan to make things right.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 10, 2012, 05:04:10 pm
He could have Suspended him for a while, fined him, and put him on 2 years probation.
So how about the after math and all the legal action that would stem from this decision?

Grunt

Quote from: SSJ on September 10, 2012, 03:14:36 pm
ALONE>>>>And BP had NOTHING to do with this cluster INCREDIBLE!!! You may the ALONE in that thought!!
We can't fire BP, silly.

Grunt

Grunt

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:21:48 pm
I could care less who you are...
Dumb people always say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less".

Brand X Hog Fan

September 10, 2012, 05:46:37 pm #119 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:50:03 pm by Brand X Hog Fan
In April, I knew our National Championship hopes were crushed. I was undecided as to how CBP should be dealt with but supported Long simply because he had the cajones to make a decision. It was his department, his call. When he announced JLS I thought, really? But, we had all been hoodwinked into believing that our coordinators were on auto pilot and this team would not miss a beat in discipline and toughness. I figured the championship was lost simply because there would be nobody with enough experience to make that one in a million, critical gut check call that happens in games with teams like Bama and LSU.

Turns out, we have all been deluded and taken for a ride. Long was wrong, the program is not bigger than one man. We would have been better off to take our chances and hire Butch or someone to come in and take over. At least would not have lost to ULF'nM.

Back on the darkside.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

cotterhog

September 10, 2012, 06:09:57 pm #120 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:12:36 pm by cotterhog
Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm
I'm part of the (now growing) Darksider v² movement.

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support
the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

I just cannot stand to watch what the LEADERSHIP, the PIiC (Paid Idiots in Charge) have done to our beloved football program.
If it means firing Long to get Petrino back I'm all for it...

hoglady

I totally support the Hogs.

I don't support anyone in a position of authority that had a hand in what happenned Saturday night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogHomer

I was a complete supporter at the start of the season but now I have not faith in the leadership. I motion for a vote of no confidence!

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 05:21:37 pm
Ok so again how could this have happened? Long was lied to about the whole thing. If he had known the truth then maybe he would have been able to come up with a plan to make things right.

I'm no longer so sure Bobby lied to Jeff Long. Several sources have stated that Dorrell wasn't on the Motorcycle after all.

GuvHog

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 05:23:15 pm
So how about the after math and all the legal action that would stem from this decision?

There would have been no legal action, that has been refuted several times.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I've sold out to the dark side.  Complete and utter darkness up in here.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Dark Helmet Hog

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

I just cannot stand to watch what the LEADERSHIP, the PIiC (Paid Idiots in Charge) have done to our beloved football program.

It has begun...

farmhawg

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

About time some of you caught up....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Fayettechill14

Man, I guess you can't just be a Hog fan anymore. I used to be Fayettechill.

Now, I guess I'm Fayettechill; JLS Darksider, Anti-Hugger, Anti-PIIC, Anti-WMS in the GSD, anti-Gus, Traditional Red & White proponent, etc., etc.

The fact that everyone on this board can read the above title and understand exactly where I stand as a Hog fan is a little disturbing...

hawgsav1

I think this is a silly poll.

Obviously John L Smith should be gone.  The only way he stays is if we run the table from here on out, which isn't going to happen.

As for Jeff Long, I've always been on the fence with him.  He's a relatively solid fundraiser, but his decision making abilities have me on the fence with him.  He deserves some credit for hiring Bobby Petrino and Mike Anderson, but Bobby basically fell in his lap and the fans were basically begging for Anderson. 

I didn't think it was a bad idea to bring in an interim, and I think the real question is whether Long makes the right hire after JLS.  If he does, Jeff Long deserves to stay.  If not, then no.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Idahog

Douglas, I have disagreed with many of your posts, but fully support and agree with this.

I am a complete Darksider... again.  Its almost as if the same morons are in charge that were in charge during the Nutt era, just different paid employees to make decisions through.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

hogdogcrazy

Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Idahog on September 10, 2012, 07:33:21 pm
Douglas, I have disagreed with many of your posts, but fully support and agree with this.

I am a complete Darksider... again.  Its almost as if the same morons are in charge that were in charge during the Nutt era, just different paid employees to make decisions through.
it's deja vu.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Danny J

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 10, 2012, 07:35:40 pm
This.  We were simply ahead of our time.
No...we just used common sense. We knew the history of our program. You know the old saying about "those who can not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

farmhawg

When the AD took the easy way out because he was worried about HIS national perception, we knew it would end badly.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

bigpigonthehill

Darksiders unite and take over this forum. Let's get a new coach hired who can win and with defense.
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on September 10, 2012, 07:38:13 pm
No...we just used common sense. We knew the history of our program. You know the old saying about "those who can not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

"But, But, But, we'll be just fine.  There is so much talent they will practically coach themselves.  We will be better without Petrino cussing them out all the time.  The Guys just LOVE JLSmith and will play for him."   

We heard it all didn't we?  The coming trainwreck was obvious from the moment Long steped up to the podium back in April.  You're right, common sense was all it took.  You simpy don't replace one of the top coaches in the country with bozo the clown and expect results.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

CabotHog87

Darksider

GOOOOOOD, let the hate flow through you

cessna8667

Wild Bill Hog

CabotHog87

Whoever smited me, please keep doing it. If I'm going to be a complete darksider I need my smite count to reflect it.

Call a Hog

CabotHog87

NaturalStateReb

At some point, we have to be for something instead of just looking for the next thing to be against.

JLS is a mess, but he's a short-term mess at worst.  No one expected him to last past Thanksgiving.  Let's say that the team wins 6 games instead of 8 or 9.  That isn't going to change the caliber of coach Arkansas is going to be able to attract.  The new guy was going to fire all of these people, anyway.

The only real difference is that the list of possibilities just got shorter, since no one on the existing staff has any chance at the job.  These assistants all want jobs next season.  Maybe having the possibility gone of that job being the Arkansas HC job will help the staff get its mind right.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Call a Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 10, 2012, 08:28:54 pm
At some point, we have to be for something instead of just looking for the next thing to be against.

JLS is a mess, but he's a short-term mess at worst.  No one expected him to last past Thanksgiving.  Let's say that the team wins 6 games instead of 8 or 9.  That isn't going to change the caliber of coach Arkansas is going to be able to attract.  The new guy was going to fire all of these people, anyway.

The only real difference is that the list of possibilities just got shorter, since no one on the existing staff has any chance at the job.  These assistants all want jobs next season.  Maybe having the possibility gone of that job being the Arkansas HC job will help the staff get its mind right.

I hope you're right about not affecting the caliber of the next coach. At some point we may appear to be damaged goods and a tougher job.

As far as the assistants, they sure aren't helping their case. All pathetic performances so far.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Call a Hog on September 10, 2012, 08:36:31 pm
I hope you're right about not affecting the caliber of the next coach. At some point we may appear to be damaged goods and a tougher job.

As far as the assistants, they sure aren't helping their case. All pathetic performances so far.

Petrino proved you could win at Arkansas.  The facilities are good and it's got a good reputation.  Arkansas can pay big money, fan support is good.  Should be a plum job in November. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ronmahony

That was the ugliest mess of a football game I believe I've ever seen. P.P. should have his ass kicked fr screwing up his face and hollering just get off the field. Haynes just sitting up there looking like he lost his dog, J.L.S. standing on the side line looking like Homer Simpson. If anybody wonders what kind of a coach Bobby Petrino is, they should watch that game. He had to have coached every aspect of every game, because we've seen what his assistants do. V2? Hell Yes! And fire Long for having such a dumb-assed idea.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

zumhog

I voted Complete Darksider V2 although my mind could be changed on JL part if he gets rid of the paid puppett he currently has and hire's the dam football coach back (CBP).

discombobulationist

This thread is chock full of fail. The whole "Blame everybody but Bobby" crap is really annoying. If he hadn't hired his mistress, our program would have kept on rolling. It's HIS fault alone! And to the crowd that thinks we need Frank back, do you not pay attention? Do you not remember his last umpteen hires? JLS needs to go, everyone knows that. He'll be gone in a few months, and then we can evaluate JL's hire. Until then we're just going to have to ride out this train wreck of a season.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.