Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longpig

Already an improvement on the yellow brick ramble.
Don't be scared, be smart.

greenie

Sorry for having to ask this, but what is the ETA on the new North End Zone?

FaytownHog

Quote from: longpig on February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
agreed. The yellow brick and the north end zone in general just always looked out of place with the rest of the stadium. Not to mention half of section 107 couldn't even see the pig screen because of the yellow brick wall in the way.

FaytownHog

Quote from: greenie on February 02, 2017, 02:39:28 pm
Not this season but it'll be all ready to go by the next season, 2018.

ricepig

Quote from: greenie on February 02, 2017, 02:39:28 pm

August, 2018.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 02, 2017, 02:48:19 pm
I don't know how I missed all that. Huh. So we gotta play with the scar this season, but, next year when we get LSU, Alabama, East team, and Ole Piss at home we'll have the new stuff. That's nice. This is our year where we lose the A&M game anyway. Good plan, Arkansas!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 02:50:33 pm
I don't know how I missed all that. Huh. So we gotta play with the scar this season, but, next year when we get LSU, Alabama, East team, and Ole Piss at home we'll have the new stuff. That's nice. This is our year where we lose the A&M game anyway. Good plan, Arkansas!

How long is our contract with A & M at Jerry World?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 02, 2017, 02:53:08 pm
On March 10, 2008, officials from both schools announced the series would recommence on October 3, 2009 under the name "Southwest Classic". The annual location for the game was announced as Cowboys Stadium (now called AT&T Stadium), located in Arlington. The attendance for the stadium was initially expected to be in the 80,000 range. Depending on ticket demand, temporary seating can be added to the stadium to increase the capacity up to 100,000 seats for the game. The tickets were said to be split 50/50 between the two schools. The initial agreement between the two schools allowed the game to be played for at least 10 years, followed by 5 consecutive, 4-year rollover options, allowing the game to potentially be played for a total of 30 consecutive seasons.

Not sure where we are exactly in this, but, I think it's thru 2021 iirc as of now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 02:55:40 pm
On March 10, 2008, officials from both schools announced the series would recommence on October 3, 2009 under the name "Southwest Classic". The annual location for the game was announced as Cowboys Stadium (now called AT&T Stadium), located in Arlington. The attendance for the stadium was initially expected to be in the 80,000 range. Depending on ticket demand, temporary seating can be added to the stadium to increase the capacity up to 100,000 seats for the game. The tickets were said to be split 50/50 between the two schools. The initial agreement between the two schools allowed the game to be played for at least 10 years, followed by 5 consecutive, 4-year rollover options, allowing the game to potentially be played for a total of 30 consecutive seasons.

Not sure where we are exactly in this, but, I think it's thru 2021 iirc as of now.

New contract for 10 years was signed in 2014, so through 2024.

longpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 02:50:33 pm

It will pretty much be it's full grown self for 2017 complete with pigscreen, just won't be functional and full of fans.  Can't wait to see how much louder it is.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 02:50:33 pmThis is our year where we lose the A&M game anyway. Good plan, Arkansas!

Every year is the year when we lose the A&M game.

The_Iceman

Heard from a good source that all luxury boxes are already pre-sold. Working on selling the loge seats.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 02, 2017, 04:36:19 pm
Heard from a good source that all luxury boxes are already pre-sold. Working on selling the loge seats.

I wouldn't doubt it.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 02, 2017, 02:53:08 pm

Until the Lord comes back.

goodguytex

Quote from: sowmonella on February 02, 2017, 04:50:45 pm
https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Pretty cool. :razorback:
Very, very cool. Can't wait to hear how loud it is next time we play bama there. Maybe we beat them in 2018. Should be a great year for our program!

longpig

Isn't it though.  Most every evening I start at 8:00 a.m. on camera #2 and check on the progress 30 minutes at a time.

FANONTHEHILL

I love the updates and what they are doing with the stadium, but I have to admit sometimes I do get nostalgic about the stadium I remember in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid.  That view of the mountains to the south was awesome.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 02, 2017, 04:32:06 pm
Every year is the year when we lose the A&M game.
Petrino didn't lose to Aggy
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 02, 2017, 06:45:28 pm

Wow. 17 replies before you had to inject Bobby into a thread. You're slowing down. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

1highhog

For those of you on Hogville that think that Jeff Long is incompetent at his job, well, that's a whole lot of completion percentages I see in that link.  You say he doesn't have anything to do with that???  Hmm, but, but, all credit was given to Frank Broyles for getting money raised for different sports projects and such for the UofA, so what's the difference in the two AD's?  One meddled and ran off Coaches faster than a speeding bullet, the other yet to be determined if he can hire a proven winner, that I can see being a difference in the two.  But as I said, there has been a shucks load of building being done in the last few years, I would have thought they'd have run out of room by now.

1highhog

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 02, 2017, 02:48:19 pm

I heard they were going to use a track hoe and scrape out bleacher type seating into the ground in the semi circle area where the old Broyles complex was, just for crowd overflow.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The Luxury boxes were already spoken for before the season ended.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 03, 2017, 07:37:02 am
The Luxury boxes were already spoken for before the season ended.

No they weren't.

jgphillips3

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2017, 07:05:21 am
For those of you on Hogville that think that Jeff Long is incompetent at his job, well, that's a whole lot of completion percentages I see in that link.  You say he doesn't have anything to do with that???  Hmm, but, but, all credit was given to Frank Broyles for getting money raised for different sports projects and such for the UofA, so what's the difference in the two AD's?  One meddled and ran off Coaches faster than a speeding bullet, the other yet to be determined if he can hire a proven winner, that I can see being a difference in the two.  But as I said, there has been a shucks load of building being done in the last few years, I would have thought they'd have run out of room by now.

To be fair, Broyles won us our only football championship as a coach and as AD built a national champion track and basketball program.  When he was AD, you actually had to have personality and get the money raised without those massive SEC checks for most of his tenure.  He was a legendary AD.  He just overstayed.  Long has a...well...long way to go to get out of Broyles shadow.  He may do it, but he's got a lot of ground to make up.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2017, 08:06:21 am
To be fair, Broyles won us our only football championship as a coach and as AD built a national champion track and basketball program.  When he was AD, you actually had to have personality and get the money raised without those massive SEC checks for most of his tenure.  He was a legendary AD.  He just overstayed.  Long has a...well...long way to go to get out of Broyles shadow.  He may do it, but he's got a lot of ground to make up.

Private donations as a percentage of the overall athletic budget, sure it was higher under Broyles, but RF donations now are higher now.

code red

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on February 02, 2017, 06:01:43 pm
I love the updates and what they are doing with the stadium, but I have to admit sometimes I do get nostalgic about the stadium I remember in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid.  That view of the mountains to the south was awesome.
I sat in the 500's on the home side for the Alabama game in which Peters caught the game winner in the north EZ.  A thunderstorm was rolling in southeast of Fville.  The views were spectacular.  I guess there is a benefit to the nose bleeds after all.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 09:19:13 am
Private donations as a percentage of the overall athletic budget, sure it was higher under Broyles, but RF donations now are higher now.

To add, there was a tremendous increase in wealth among boosters while Frank Broyle's was AD.  He didn't necessarily get better at accessing booster's pockets, the pockets simply got much deeper.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2017, 08:06:21 am

Only to certain older ones is Long still in Frank's shadow. I'm old but personally believe as far as an AD is concerned he is out of his shadow. Not as far as Frank's overall legacy but I doubt anyone will get out of that legacy shadow.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2017, 10:20:16 am
To add, there was a tremendous increase in wealth among boosters while Frank Broyle's was AD.  He didn't necessarily get better at accessing booster's pockets, the pockets simply got much deeper.

There was an increase in the number of boosters pockets over the years.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razoredge178

Its gonna suck not having that jumbo-tron next year. I've become quite used to watching it from my SEZ seats.

Hoggish1

Quote from: longpig on February 02, 2017, 03:47:12 pm
It will pretty much be it's full grown self for 2017 complete with pigscreen, just won't be functional and full of fans.  Can't wait to see how much louder it is.

Well, at least people can see what's being done and it will be enclosed to keep sound in even if nobody's sitting there.  And it will send a message to recruits that it's going to be nice!

ricepig

Quote from: razoredge178 on February 03, 2017, 10:42:43 am
Its gonna suck not having that jumbo-tron next year. I've become quite used to watching it from my SEZ seats.

We will have two, one on each end.

woodhog14

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 02, 2017, 06:45:28 pm

aTm also wasn't as good when Petrino was here as they are now.

riccoar

Quote from: longpig on February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
Looks like you would need a ladder to climb out of that hole.  Somebody call David Lee!

razoredge178

outlawhogeywells

ni as if a week or so ago only one had been sold and they were offering discounts

factchecker

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 03, 2017, 11:15:41 am
ni as if a week or so ago only one had been sold and they were offering discounts

I heard the exact opposite when I renewed at the RF yesterday.

Who did you talk to?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

longpig

Quote from: razoredge178 on February 03, 2017, 10:42:43 am

The 'new old one' will be on top of the SEZ in the "bleacher" section, new one will be top of the NEZ.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: factchecker on February 03, 2017, 11:21:12 am
I heard the exact opposite when I renewed at the RF yesterday.

Who did you talk to?

I heard the opposite as well. form a couple of different folks yesterday.  I think there are possibly all sold already from what I understood yeaterday

factchecker

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on February 03, 2017, 11:40:09 am
I heard the opposite as well. form a couple of different folks yesterday.  I think there are possibly all sold already from what I understood yeaterday

I was interested in the Loge seating but was told that they are priced similar to suites (out of my price range).  I was told that regardless of money that my best bet for NEZ seating would be the club seats (when completed).  They said that the suites were filling up fast.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

I just want to tour the facilities and suites once they are built.  I might never get to that level but I would like to see inside once.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2017, 07:05:21 am

Jeff Long is one of the best AD's in the country. Sadly a lot of folks won't realize it until he leaves because he is of all things a Yankee who's only goal is self promotion and running the athletic program at the U of A into the ground. 

1highhog

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 03, 2017, 10:50:30 am
aTm also wasn't as good when Petrino was here as they are now.

The biggest thing about the aggies during the Petrino years, they were not in the SEC.  I often wonder why so many of our fans wanted them in the SEC, terrible for the Hogs, hurt our recruiting IMO in Texas.

TushCrush

Used to sit in the North End Zone in the 60's. Wooden benches on the hillside for $2 a pop.

Birminghog

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 02, 2017, 02:47:48 pm
agreed. The yellow brick and the north end zone in general just always looked out of place with the rest of the stadium. Not to mention half of section 107 couldn't even see the pig screen because of the yellow brick wall in the way.

So - goodbye yellow brick wall?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Birminghog on February 03, 2017, 03:46:36 pm
So - goodbye yellow brick wall?
The future lies beyond...

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 03, 2017, 04:32:02 pm
The future lies beyond...

I understand we've already extended offers for next year to Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

So, where is the underground parking lot going?

longpig

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2017, 03:18:19 pm
The biggest thing about the aggies during the Petrino years, they were not in the SEC.  I often wonder why so many of our fans wanted them in the SEC, terrible for the Hogs, hurt our recruiting IMO in Texas.

And Sherman wasn't half the coach that Sumlin is.