Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idea to Improve Recruiting

Started by 12247, February 02, 2017, 09:10:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahoma State University usually is in the mid 30s in recruiting ranking with this years class in at around 37th.  Gundy and company usually exceed their recruiting ranking annually in final team ranking.  I believe they finished 2016 season ranked 11th.  This could be important because OSU seems to find a way to do more with less.  Because Arkansas clearly has shown that lowering our recruiting ranking by 10 to 15 spots is just not going to happen, maybe we could learn something from teams that nearly always exceed their recruiting ranking with their team ranking.

Gundy expands on a theory that OSU is using in that they are looking more at the Cerebral factor when choosing any particular player.  Gundy goes after players that play more than one sport, that plays more than one position and who plays both defense and offense, that does well in school, appears to have the ability to digest information quickly and act on it quickly.  In plain English, he will take a player who thinks really fast over a player who may be really fast but doesn't think it through quickly. His exact example is:  You are looking for a player whose position demands he be 6'2"--weigh 225 and run a 4.70 forty.  You have a person in mind who can meet these requirements but you also have another Guy who is 6'1/2", weighs 215 and covers 40 yards in 4.85, but he is Cerebral and can think and digest info faster, then he would take the slower, smaller Guy as he likely would actually get from point A to point B faster under game conditions.  OSU usually is ranked in the top 25 while recruiting in the mid 30s.

Frank Broyles 50 years ago said he liked to have several QBs in his recruiting class because they more often understood the game much better, often had High School coaches for fathers who would have trained them more and could adapt to playing other positions far better and playing them well. 

Bacon_Bitz

PorkRinds

I think CBB already does this to some extent.

Darren DeLoach

Did you just really state that Gundy recruits based on cerebral acumen? Lol...k

The real reason Gundy excels with mediocre recruiting is a weak as water conference. Swap Arkansas and Okie St. in their respective conferences and see who out performs whom.

Hold on...you really did say Gundy recruits cerebrallly. Lol
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ricepig

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on February 02, 2017, 09:39:44 am

The real reason Gundy excels with mediocre recruiting is a weak as water conference. Swap Arkansas and Okie St. in their respective conferences and see who out performs whom.

He did......

MuskogeeHogFan

There is merit to that philosophy for some teams. I doubt that this is something that hasn't occurred to our staff in their evaluation process.

After the player evaluation process recruiting is nothing more than a sales process. Building relationships, not only with players but with HS coaching staffs who have a lot of influence on the players that they have coached, is an important part of the sales process. People will generally buy from salespeople that are not only able to convince them that they have something of value to sell them and that it is something that they need, but it is also vital to the process that the salespeople are people that they actually like and trust.

As an example, shortly after Saban arrived at Alabama he hired a former team mate of mine that had been a very successful high school coach in Alabama and was well known throughout the high school coaching communities in Georgia, Alabama, northern Florida and Mississippi. He gave him the title of something like Director of Player Personnel. His entire job was to network, travel and visit with HS and JC coaching staffs throughout those 4 states and a few others. He scouted, reinforced existing relationships and developed trust among others. This was his job, 12 months out of the year. No on-field coaching responsibilities at all. His efforts helped Saban improve his recruiting network in the south through the use of a familiar, trusted and well liked face.

If there is anything that might help us immediately it might be adding another guy like E.K. Franks to the staff that is a well respected and well known, former Texas HS Coach who would be responsible for networking Texas HS's 12 months out of every year to build successful recruiting relationships for the Hogs, just as my friend did for Saban.

I'd leave the player evaluation to the staff. But adding someone like this to a dedicated effort in Texas might pay huge dividends. 
Go Hogs Go!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2017, 09:35:54 am
I think it is more than some, pretty much reading the OP and thinking this is exactly what we are doing.

So OP this is a GREAT IDEA!

colbs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 02, 2017, 09:51:24 am
There is merit to that philosophy for some teams. I doubt that this is something that hasn't occurred to our staff in their evaluation process.

After the player evaluation process recruiting is nothing more than a sales process. Building relationships, not only with players but with HS coaching staffs who have a lot of influence on the players that they have coached, is an important part of the sales process. People will generally buy from salespeople that are not only able to convince them that they have something of value to sell them and that it is something that they need, but it is also vital to the process that the salespeople are people that they actually like and trust.

As an example, shortly after Saban arrived at Alabama he hired a former team mate of mine that had been a very successful high school coach in Alabama and was well known throughout the high school coaching communities in Georgia, Alabama, northern Florida and Mississippi. He gave him the title of something like Director of Player Personnel. His entire job was to network, travel and visit with HS and JC coaching staffs throughout those 4 states and a few others. He scouted, reinforced existing relationships and developed trust among others. This was his job, 12 months out of the year. No on-field coaching responsibilities at all. His efforts helped Saban improve his recruiting network in the south through the use of a familiar, trusted and well liked face.

If there is anything that might help us immediately it might be adding another guy like E.K. Franks to the staff that is a well respected and well known, former Texas HS Coach who would be responsible for networking Texas HS's 12 months out of every year to build successful recruiting relationships for the Hogs, just as my friend did for Saban.

I'd leave the player evaluation to the staff. But adding someone like this to a dedicated effort in Texas might pay huge dividends. 
Agree 100%.  I wish they would hire more off the field recruiting positions along with more off the field offense and defensive coaches.  I think probably half the battle is making inroads with the HS coaches.  HS coaches have a ton of influence on their players.  It wouldn't hurt to have these coaches encouraging their kids to check out Arkansas or go on visits with them.

LJHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 02, 2017, 09:35:54 am
It's what you do when you can recruit the athletic ability to compete.

nationwish

When a coach says this to the media, he's at least partly doing it as a way to get that message to his incoming players who did not rank as high as players for certain schools. It's a way to build their confidence that there are ways they can make up for differences in size and speed.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nationwish on February 02, 2017, 11:26:26 am
When a coach says this to the media, he's at least partly doing it as a way to get that message to his incoming players who did not rank as high as players for certain schools. It's a way to build their confidence that there are ways they can make up for differences in size and speed.

What exactly are you referring to in this thread?
Go Hogs Go!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Its football not rocket science. Like Iron Mike said everybody has a plan right up until you smack them in the mouth.. Or something along those lines. We need stronger, faster and bigger. We need two sport athletes sure. But smart ? Not so much. Give me a coach like Jimmy Johnson who is fine with bringing in a bunch of thugs who will knock you out to win any time. Just my opinion though.  :razorback:

CBP often said he likes to recruit guys who play basketball AND football. So there's some merit to the two sport thing. Athletes do tend to make the best athletes lol..

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on February 02, 2017, 11:39:36 am
Its football not rocket science. Like Iron Mike said everybody has a plan right up until you smack them in the mouth.. Or something along those lines. We need stronger, faster and bigger. We need two sport athletes sure. But smart ? Not so much. Give me a coach like Jimmy Johnson who is fine with bringing in a bunch of thugs who will knock you out to win any time. Just my opinion though.  :razorback:

CBP often said he likes to recruit guys who play basketball AND football. So there's some merit to the two sport thing. Athletes do tend to make the best athletes lol..

It's too bad that you feel this way. You are probably pulling for the wrong team.
Go Hogs Go!

nationwish

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 02, 2017, 11:31:20 am
What exactly are you referring to in this thread?

The original post about looking for players that can play multiple positions/sports and process information more quickly. Every coach wants the best players possible, and coaches at that level all have the confidence in their own abilities to teach those players to play and react quickly enough. The phrasing in the original post goes as much to the players themselves as it does to any other audience, which is why I say it is as much a motivational tool as it is a strategic one.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nationwish on February 02, 2017, 12:11:24 pm
The original post about looking for players that can play multiple positions/sports and process information more quickly. Every coach wants the best players possible, and coaches at that level all have the confidence in their own abilities to teach those players to play and react quickly enough. The phrasing in the original post goes as much to the players themselves as it does to any other audience, which is why I say it is as much a motivational tool as it is a strategic one.

I will say that in referring to the OP, Gundy runs a spread/up tempo offense and generally speaking those types of teams can afford to recruit at a lesser level (especially in the Big 12 where the competition isn't as great as in other conferences) and still be able to put together a talented team that is able to compete very well week to week in the Big 12. They do put a greater emphasis on speed, both on offense and defense just because of the existing prevalence of spread teams in that conference. But I think that the comparison fails to some degree because of the overall talent differences team-to-team between the SEC and the Big 12.

As for what he tells his team, from what I understand he doesn't attempt to coddle or have to reassure his recruits/team at all. They know that they are good enough to compete given the system that they embrace and in the conference in which they play. Gundy is and always has been pretty bold and on the border of arrogant and his team just acquires his mindset and confidence. I don't think that is a purposeful thing for him for the benefit of his team, that is just who he is as a person.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

Gundy plays in a terribly weak conference, so that needs to be taken into account but he has been pretty consistent once he got his system in place and he has taken care of business once he made it to bowl games.

2016 - 10-3 Bowl win
2015 - 10-3 Bowl Loss
2014 - 7-6 Bowl Win
2013 - 10-3 Bowl Loss
2012 - 8-5 Bowl Win
2011 - 12-1 Bowl Win
2010 - 11-2 Bowl Win
2009 - 9-4 Bowl Loss
2008 - 9-4 Bowl Loss
2007 - 7-6 Bowl Win
2006 - 7-6 Bowl Win
2005 - 4-7

Although their style of play is completely different, their recruiting strategies are very similar.  Hopefully CBB follows a similar trend to success in a much tougher conference.  Their first four years are very similar when taking conference strength into account.

2016 - 7-6 Bowl Loss
2015 - 8-5 Bowl Win
2014 - 7-6 Bowl Win
2013 - 3-9

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on February 02, 2017, 09:39:44 am

He's a man he's 40!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

According to Dr. Lou sometimes fast means getting to the wrong place quicker...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

theshiva

I remember a former coach on Bo's show was talking about this. He was saying when you're not a blue blood and don't get top 10 classes, the 3 stars you need to go after are guys that are extremely raw, but freak athletes. Guy's who may not have started playing football til their junior or senior year, but were stars on the track team. You can then mold them to play how you want, and once they understand the game and get good technique, they're like having a 4/5 star player. Getting a guy that's a good football player and a good athlete is all well and good, but they're not going to dramatically improve physically on average.

HardingHog

Good thing Harvard is still in the Ivy or Bama would be in trouble  ;)

hawg IQ

While I agree , smarter players is a benefit , I like speed. The one thing a smart 4.5  can't do is catch a 4.45 guy running down field. The biggest ingredient missing in the recent recruiting by BB is Speed.

when you see cb's and safeties beat on a play, the one element that can offset the play is speed. when a RB has just an inch to hit a hole , speed will get him there. Idealy, smart and speed is the best.

go hogs go !

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 03, 2017, 07:32:37 am
While I agree , smarter players is a benefit , I like speed. The one thing a smart 4.5  can't do is catch a 4.45 guy running down field. The biggest ingredient missing in the recent recruiting by BB is Speed.

when you see cb's and safeties beat on a play, the one element that can offset the play is speed. when a RB has just an inch to hit a hole , speed will get him there. Idealy, smart and speed is the best.

Being aligned in the right spot to begin with, properly adjusting as the offense shifts and the staff making good adjustments as the game unwinds is also helpful to being in a position to make a play and helps prevent most plays from turning into an open field foot race where speed is the lone remaining factor.
Go Hogs Go!

navyhog24

Quote from: 12247 on February 02, 2017, 09:10:08 am
Idea to Improve Recruiting

Fire Rory Segrest. Hire Charlie Partridge.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 03, 2017, 08:16:12 am

Fire Rory Segrest. Hire Charlie Partridge.

Segrest is getting a bum wrap for his coaching of the D-Line. If Partridge had been coaching the D-line under Smith last year the results wouldn't have been any different.

As for improving recruiting, Partridge wouldn't be the best answer either, though he might help. We need a very connected guy in the state of Texas who is dedicated to nothing but networking with Texas HS coaches 12 months each year. No on field coaching responsibilities. Just player evaluation and turning Texas HC coaches into trusting friends.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 03, 2017, 08:45:12 am
Segrest is getting a bum wrap for his coaching of the D-Line. If Partridge had been coaching the D-line under Smith last year the results wouldn't have been any different.

As for improving recruiting, Partridge wouldn't be the best answer either, though he might help. We need a very connected guy in the state of Texas who is dedicated to nothing but networking with Texas HS coaches 12 months each year. No on field coaching responsibilities. Just player evaluation and turning Texas HC coaches into trusting friends.

You have no way of knowing any of this, lol.

King Kong

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 03, 2017, 08:45:12 am

We guys that can get players. CP can get players.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2017, 09:26:47 am
You have no way of knowing any of this, lol.

Well, lol, it is an opinion.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

southeasthog

Give me a coach like Jimmy Johnson who is fine with bringing in a bunch of thugs who will knock you out to win any time. Just my opinion though.  :razorback:

Then you end up like Baylor. No thanks.

dhizzle

All I know is if Maryland can recruit better so can Arkansas.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: dhizzle on February 03, 2017, 10:09:36 am
All I know is if Maryland can recruit better so can Arkansas.
You would think that but all their top recruits live within around a 100 miles, we wouldn't be top 40 if we signed players in that radius.

Muskogee, I totally agree with the adding of a person who is football knowledgeable and very personable whose job is to make friends and connections within the High School Coaching ranks, especially in Texas.  Within the past month, I posted nearly the exact same post as you except that I wanted a lady for the position, hopefully, a black lady but one who would be sort of like Arin Andrews, neat, clean, personable and seems to love the game.  Contacts and connections will bring dividends and that is not just an opinion.  Example:  Watch how many assistants end up at a school though their connections are hundreds of miles away.  All of a sudden, this school recruits 1 or more good players from that Guy's old stomping grounds.  Its happened to us.  When you see a school who hasn't got a player from California in years, but hires a coach with Calif ties and in comes 2 or 3 good recruits from Calif, that is not just plain ole luck.

Also, what I got from the Gundy article was that he had discovered that often the slower on foot, yet very smart Guy would often be quicker to the point of attack than the quicker of foot but slower of mind Guy.   When  one tenth second decisions which are necessary in football and your players takes 3 tenths of a second to react, well, that's too late.

I believe, as I believe most on here believe, that Arkansas is not going to improve its recruiting a great deal by utilizing the standard ways and means of operation so we got to think about ways to change our tactics.  Of course, nothing takes the place of a shoe box full of 100s, but that is also illegal for most schools.  By selling the Head Coaches of the High Schools and thinking out of the box on recruits, I believe it could help Arkansas.  I do wish to note that if we were in the Big12, our class would have been second in the conference.  However, I hold no reason to believe that we would have finished second in conference to OK in won/loss record for 2016 season.  Just my opinion.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 12247 on February 03, 2017, 02:04:51 pm
Muskogee, I totally agree with the adding of a person who is football knowledgeable and very personable whose job is to make friends and connections within the High School Coaching ranks, especially in Texas.  Within the past month, I posted nearly the exact same post as you except that I wanted a lady for the position, hopefully, a black lady but one who would be sort of like Arin Andrews, neat, clean, personable and seems to love the game.  Contacts and connections will bring dividends and that is not just an opinion.  Example:  Watch how many assistants end up at a school though their connections are hundreds of miles away.  All of a sudden, this school recruits 1 or more good players from that Guy's old stomping grounds.  Its happened to us.  When you see a school who hasn't got a player from California in years, but hires a coach with Calif ties and in comes 2 or 3 good recruits from Calif, that is not just plain ole luck.

Also, what I got from the Gundy article was that he had discovered that often the slower on foot, yet very smart Guy would often be quicker to the point of attack than the quicker of foot but slower of mind Guy.   When  one tenth second decisions which are necessary in football and your players takes 3 tenths of a second to react, well, that's too late.

I believe, as I believe most on here believe, that Arkansas is not going to improve its recruiting a great deal by utilizing the standard ways and means of operation so we got to think about ways to change our tactics.  Of course, nothing takes the place of a shoe box full of 100s, but that is also illegal for most schools.  By selling the Head Coaches of the High Schools and thinking out of the box on recruits, I believe it could help Arkansas.  I do wish to note that if we were in the Big12, our class would have been second in the conference.  However, I hold no reason to believe that we would have finished second in conference to OK in won/loss record for 2016 season.  Just my opinion.
Okay.....while I have no problems with hiring someone of either gender or any race to develop relationships with Texas coaches, why do you think it specifically needs to be a black lady? I would think that the MOST QUALIFIED/EFFECTIVE  person available would the the prime requirement. I suspect most coaches could care less what sex or race they happen to be.

Vantage, 2 reasons.  It is a bit more difficult to turn away a lady from a sales call than it is a man, and second, we are usually going after a black player, not always, but most often.  I believe it would impress the young black player to see a lady of his color represent with dignity, desire and passion.  I totally agree that the very best person would be the most qualified, but if I had 2 applicants of equal knowledge and qualifications as to sales approach and one was the described lady and the other was the typical white male coach who might be a great coach, but not necessarily a great promoter, I would choose the lady for the position.  I am not looking for someone to judge player talent.  I am looking for someone to promote school connections, friendships, become a memory over time and not necessarily make a HC in High School feel inferior in his job like an assistant coach could easily do.  I just want someone to deliver and I believe a nice genteel lady could do that.

Jim Harris

I heard something very similar from Lou Holtz.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 12247 on February 03, 2017, 02:43:40 pm
Vantage, 2 reasons.  It is a bit more difficult to turn away a lady from a sales call than it is a man, and second, we are usually going after a black player, not always, but most often.  I believe it would impress the young black player to see a lady of his color represent with dignity, desire and passion.  I totally agree that the very best person would be the most qualified, but if I had 2 applicants of equal knowledge and qualifications as to sales approach and one was the described lady and the other was the typical white male coach who might be a great coach, but not necessarily a great promoter, I would choose the lady for the position.  I am not looking for someone to judge player talent.  I am looking for someone to promote school connections, friendships, become a memory over time and not necessarily make a HC in High School feel inferior in his job like an assistant coach could easily do.  I just want someone to deliver and I believe a nice genteel lady could do that.
Again, that's your opinion and you're obviously welcome to it. However, it all goes back to who is the best qualified and most effective. BTW I honesty don't think in most cases the high school coaches give a darn whether it's a man or woman when it comes to access; also don't think that most care whether their black, white, red, green or whatever other color you want to come up with.  It goes back to the person who is able to connect and develop the best repore with such.

greenie

So...we need to recruit smarter, more athletically versatile players? And the race and gender of the recruiter could give us an edge?

Interesting. I think Ole Miss was rumored to have some recruiting role for both genders a couple of years ago, but I don't think all were officially on the staff.

I think Bama uses cars.

MuskogeeHogFan

Just my opinion and whether we like it or not, someone who has coached, been successful, is very respected and has direct ties to an area (like Texas) and is considered "one of the boys" is going to have more success and more access to HS Football coaching offices than any woman of any racial background. It's established and nurtured relationships that are already in place that matter, not gender, and few if any women have that kind of experience or level of acceptance in Texas HS Football. This isn't a PC issue.
Go Hogs Go!

greenie

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 03, 2017, 08:05:27 pm
Just my opinion and whether we like it or not, someone who has coached, been successful, is very respected and has direct ties to an area (like Texas) and is considered "one of the boys" is going to have more success and more access to HS Football coaching offices than any woman of any racial background. It's established and nurtured relationships that are already in place that matter, not gender, and few if any women have that kind of experience or level of acceptance in Texas HS Football. This isn't a PC issue.

Thank you. Some of these ideas are ... incredible.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: 12247 on February 02, 2017, 09:10:08 am
Oklahoma State University usually is in the mid 30s in recruiting ranking with this years class in at around 37th.  Gundy and company usually exceed their recruiting ranking annually in final team ranking.  I believe they finished 2016 season ranked 11th.  This could be important because OSU seems to find a way to do more with less.  Because Arkansas clearly has shown that lowering our recruiting ranking by 10 to 15 spots is just not going to happen, maybe we could learn something from teams that nearly always exceed their recruiting ranking with their team ranking.

Gundy expands on a theory that OSU is using in that they are looking more at the Cerebral factor when choosing any particular player.  Gundy goes after players that play more than one sport, that plays more than one position and who plays both defense and offense, that does well in school, appears to have the ability to digest information quickly and act on it quickly.  In plain English, he will take a player who thinks really fast over a player who may be really fast but doesn't think it through quickly. His exact example is:  You are looking for a player whose position demands he be 6'2"--weigh 225 and run a 4.70 forty.  You have a person in mind who can meet these requirements but you also have another Guy who is 6'1/2", weighs 215 and covers 40 yards in 4.85, but he is Cerebral and can think and digest info faster, then he would take the slower, smaller Guy as he likely would actually get from point A to point B faster under game conditions.  OSU usually is ranked in the top 25 while recruiting in the mid 30s.

Frank Broyles 50 years ago said he liked to have several QBs in his recruiting class because they more often understood the game much better, often had High School coaches for fathers who would have trained them more and could adapt to playing other positions far better and playing them well.

I hear ya and you make some interesting points, but I just think when you play in the SEC and especially the SEC West, there just no substitute for speed, size, talent. 

In basketball, for example, Princeton had a nice little run for a few years in the NCAA tournament where they would use their back door cutting offense to stymie big bad teams like Georgetown and such.  The cerebral players could use their intellect to stay on the court with the supremely talented Georgetown.  But in football, I just cannot see that working consistently against Bama, LSU, Tex A&M, FLA, GA.   These teams are stronger, faster, more talented than we are.  Could OSU beat one of those teams in a bowl game where they have a month to get fired up and study them 24/7?  Sure, but put OSU in the SEC and have them run the gauntlet of the West teams plus FLA, GA and they would not be able to do much better than we can.  The brutality of the SEC is in the aggregate.  Its the week in week out never a cupcake schedule that just wears you down. 

Hey, maybe it would work.  I guess we need to try something different cause the way we are doing it basically makes us a .500 team and we all want more than that.

The thing that sticks out is that OSU wins in the 9 plus area with mid to upper 30s recruiting classes.  I don't believe they could do much better than us in the SEC with those same classes but if you moved their recruiting ranking up 10 spots, I believe they could do better than us n the SEC.  I think it might have something to do with scheme, preparedness and attention to detail, plus players who can get from A to B a little quicker.  Would they win championships of even place in the top 5 of the SEC over here, not likely.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on February 05, 2017, 09:47:22 pm
The thing that sticks out is that OSU wins in the 9 plus area with mid to upper 30s recruiting classes.  I don't believe they could do much better than us in the SEC with those same classes but if you moved their recruiting ranking up 10 spots, I believe they could do better than us n the SEC.  I think it might have something to do with scheme, preparedness and attention to detail, plus players who can get from A to B a little quicker.  Would they win championships of even place in the top 5 of the SEC over here, not likely.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Mike-Gundy-Whether-you-like-it-or-not-its-a-fact-so-how-do-you-get-them-excited

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Gundy actually recruits Uncommon.  It's just lip service in Fayetteville.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 06, 2017, 11:39:05 am

Good grief. I hear that OSU is recruiting fans. So you've got that going for you.
Go Hogs Go!

King Kong

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 06, 2017, 11:39:05 am

Wait is this first part for real? You can't be serious with the trouble some of his players have had

elviscat

If you want to win and that's the bottom line then you have to play by the Ole Miss standard. You have a cheat sheet of the top 50 athletes in the country and you roll out your poker chips at Tunica and here is a pile if you sign and here is the other pile when you come on board. This has worked great for Hugh Freeze. You hit up your top donors and they supply the money. This is how they got those great classes. Archie Who was involved in the planning phase. They were tired of losing.