Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 class...

Started by secneahog, February 01, 2017, 04:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FraggleHog

Quote from: MP24 on February 02, 2017, 01:47:47 pm
Brian Williams is 2019

http://247sports.com/player/brian-williams-91902
Yeah, I caught that right after I posted it.

"Is RWIII's little brother in this class? I would think we have the inside track on him, but we've got to lock him down! *EDIT* He's 2019... 5* "
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 02, 2017, 02:13:39 pm

"Is RWIII's little brother in this class? I would think we have the inside track on him, but we've got to lock him down! *EDIT* He's 2019... 5* "
I feel real good about him. His parents, brother, and teammate chevin are all in his ear. Plus, so is Pool on the twitters. He made, what, our 1st four games this year? Then more later. He's a Hog Fan at this point. #3 overall player. Highest ranked dude we've ever been on.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 01, 2017, 04:32:53 pm
I am certain there are several posters eager to come on and complain about how 2018 recruiting is going.  No time like the present.

The 2034 class is shaping up nicely.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JIHawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2017, 07:21:49 pm
He's a 4* minimum if he signs with Bama, Auburn, or Georgia, low 3* if with Arkansas.

He fit's Auburn's offense perfectly, and I think he is theirs to lose.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 02, 2017, 02:21:14 pm
Good for you. I, personally, don't have a twitter. If I did, I wouldn't tweet recruits unless I personally knew them. Even then I most likely wouldn't but that's how I am. Now if I'm a close family friend or a mentor then sure, but if I was that close I wouldn't be chatting with them on social media, I'd be talking in person or over the phone. But this is also coming from the same guy that won't accept a friend request on Facebook because we met once. But like I said, that's how I am. Each person is different. I'm just not one to talk to recruits.

Heck my brother-in-law was Austin Cantrells' position coach at Roland. I could have got any info I wanted and brought it here but chose not to.

But if a fan wants to tweet positive things about the Hogs to recruits, I've got no problem with it.
if you would have brought it to the board, you would have been attacked by the lunatics, but, a lot of us would have appreciated the info, too.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 02:16:24 pm
I feel real good about him. His parents, brother, and teammate chevin are all in his ear. Plus, so is Pool on the twitters. He made, what, our 1st four games this year? Then more later. He's a Hog Fan at this point. #3 overall player. Highest ranked dude we've ever been on.

I think your right. Mitch Mustain was 7th highest ranked.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 02, 2017, 02:50:16 pm
I think your right. Mitch Mustain was 7th highest ranked.
I want BWill so bad. We should have a helluva secondary by his freshman year and they'll be leaving it to him to carry on. Chevin said this class was the start of #DBU and that's what they want to be known for. Umm, YES PLEASE!

AugustaHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 01:40:39 pm
He was told he'd get a shot at QB.
At Arkansas?  I know other places are looking at him for that spot, but all I've seen is that we like him as an athlete.  I'm all for bringing him in.  Anybody with eyes can see that's the way to give Bama fits.  It takes that dual threat guy to keep their D from teeing off.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 02, 2017, 02:57:12 pm
At Arkansas?  I know other places are looking at him for that spot, but all I've seen is that we like him as an athlete.  I'm all for bringing him in.  Anybody with eyes can see that's the way to give Bama fits.  It takes that dual threat guy to keep their D from teeing off.
At Arkansas, starting this summer at camp is what he said. I think it just means at camp, though. But , have you seen his tape? Kid is a beast. He could play a few positions, but, one of them is definitely QB imo.

riccoar

Quote from: FraggleHog on February 02, 2017, 02:13:39 pm

I bet Burks from Warren ends up a 5* as well.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: riccoar on February 02, 2017, 03:21:22 pm
I bet Burks from Warren ends up a 5* as well.

Just as long as he ends up at UA, I don't care.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

tophawg19

Bohannon has been to camps and has been tried at multiple positions including QB so coaches already have a good feel for him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 02, 2017, 03:54:40 pm
Bohannon has been to camps and has been tried at multiple positions including QB so coaches already have a good feel for him
Dude is Cam Newton to my eyes. At the very least he is our Wildcat QB.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 04:02:52 pm
Dude is Cam Newton to my eyes. At the very least he is our Wildcat QB.

Dude is a Von Miller to my eyes.

Pig in the Pokey

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 12:24:00 am
no it's not. They are just the ones pushing QB the hardest and he likes Cam.
He flat out tweeted that Auburn is his dream school. Then he said on the local news that he had to delete the tweet because it was causing trouble between Bama and Auburn fans.

Oklahawg

*sigh*

cleansed.

Please play nice
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hoginsavga

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2017, 07:21:49 pm
He's a 4* minimum if he signs with Bama, Auburn, or Georgia, low 3* if with Arkansas.

Let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying our 4*s' are equivalent to Bama, Auburn, or Georgia's 5*s'. Our 3*s are equivalent to their 4*s'. If that's the case, then where are we failing. We should be beating Bama at least once every three years. This make Saban look even better. All I ever read on Hogville is we don't have a good base to recruit from.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoginsavga on February 02, 2017, 05:42:49 pm
Let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying our 4*s' are equivalent to Bama, Auburn, or Georgia's 5*s'. Our 3*s are equivalent to their 4*s'. If that's the case, then where are we failing. We should be beating Bama at least once every three years. This make Saban look even better. All I ever read on Hogville is we don't have a good base to recruit from.

No, I'm saying he will automatically get the Bama bump if he signs with Bama, or drop if he signs with us. Troy James moved up 300 spots for signing with OU, he probably would have been in the top 10 if he had signed with Bama.....

#1 STUNNA

Hoginsavga

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2017, 05:48:50 pm
No, I'm saying he will automatically get the Bama bump if he signs with Bama, or drop if he signs with us. Troy James moved up 300 spots for signing with OU, he probably would have been in the top 10 if he had signed with Bama.....

Okay, I see the point you are making. But doesn't that mean that Bama's recruiting is either overrated when compared to us or we are underrated compared to Bama, Auburn and Georgia? Not trying to be difficult. Maybe I am the subject John Wayne was talking about when he said "Life is hard, it's even harder when one is stupid".

ricepig

Quote from: Hoginsavga on February 02, 2017, 06:58:01 pm
Okay, I see the point you are making. But doesn't that mean that Bama's recruiting is either overrated when compared to us or we are underrated compared to Bama, Auburn and Georgia? Not trying to be difficult. Maybe I am the subject John Wayne was talking about when he said "Life is hard, it's even harder when one is stupid".

No, it say the recruiting rankings of certain players jump depending on who offers them.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hoginsavga on February 02, 2017, 06:58:01 pm

You should also have to look at just home many recruits from each class participate for Bama, and actual provide meaning ful contributions.  Bama may pull in 25 top rated players, but it's more than a couple each year could play 4 years at most schools don't even see the field the first 2-3 years if at all. 

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 02, 2017, 12:24:00 am
no it's not. They are just the ones pushing QB the hardest and he likes Cam.

I'm guessing you didn't see what he tweeted when they offered him, then.

NorthChuckHog

He tweeted this tonight.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NorthChuckHog on February 02, 2017, 10:16:31 pm
He tweeted this tonight.
I told ya'll. He's right, too. Dude COULD play other positions but feels he can still play QB, so , why not let him try?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 03, 2017, 12:41:00 am
I told ya'll. He's right, too. Dude COULD play other positions but feels he can still play QB, so , why not let him try?

He can try but if he doesn't make up the depth chart in a year or two he needs to switch positions.

1highhog

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 01, 2017, 05:11:14 pm
Yes, LaDarrius Bishop from Ashdown. Montaric's cousin

http://247sports.com/Player/LaDarrius-Bishop-91563

And he's playing CB as well.  Arkansas has already offered, well come on down, sorry, up to the Hill young man.

Cinco de Hogo

I remember a time when the big argument was whether to offer early or not.  Then we did and all the naysayers are lauding the great class.  This is Hogville after all, where you get to change your song and dance with the wind.  What it boils down to is anything they do up on the hill is King, whether it works or not doesn't matter.

By the way, the coaches will do what they think is best and none of you are smarter than a coach. 

Anyway here's to satisfying our angst and offering 300 scholarships and having 30 commitments by the start of football season this year.  It's the new off season sport!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 03, 2017, 08:48:58 am
He can try but if he doesn't make up the depth chart in a year or two he needs to switch positions.
yes sir. No doubt. But at least that'd be a logical decision he would make for himself and not ever be wondering "what if". Also gives the coaches enough time around him to put him in his best position to succeed instead of speculating on that before he's fully developed and thoroughly scouted. Gotta try to live life with no regrets.

blu

Doubt Bohannon comes here with the current depth and adding Hyatt and Noland. It would be nice to have a QB who is also an athletic play maker.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

jackflash

to me what will we do for the defensive line in 2018

bulldog04

Anybody besides me wonder how Ashdown didn't win state or at least beat Ozark with all this talent?