Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Troy James wavering?

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 27, 2017, 05:56:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

He and OU flirting....losing him would make for quite the d-line class

factchecker

January 27, 2017, 06:16:50 am #1 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:52:45 am by factchecker
I thought Texas was going after Troy James.  Has OU offered him yet?

Regardless, it's cool too see some of lightly regarded commits getting recruited by Hogville respected teams.  Maybe if we hold onto to Troy the flirtation with Oklahoma will garner respect from Hogville recruit experts.

I predict that he won't be a can't miss prospect unless he decommits and picks OU.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JackJohnson

you just have to trust the coaches.  They close incredibly strong down the stretch every year so I have no reason to believe this year will be different.  Send Segrest his future position coach (and stud recruiter) down there and close the deal

southeasthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 27, 2017, 06:17:58 am
you just have to trust the coaches.  They close incredibly strong down the stretch every year so I have no reason to believe this year will be different.  Send Segrest his future position coach (and stud recruiter) down there and close the deal
We know this is sarcasm and we know it's ignorant. Go away.

King Kong

Seems odd OU reportedly offered him before he committed to us. If anyone I would assumed Texas changed his mind.

Losing James would be a gut shot as it appears we are only going to sign 2 true DL this year and that is assuming James is on board

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: factchecker on January 27, 2017, 06:16:50 am
I thought Texas was going after Troy James.  Has OU offered him yet?

Regardless, it's cool too see some of lightly regarded commits getting recruited by Hogville respected teams.  Maybe if we hold onto to Troy the flirtation with Oklahoma will garner respect from Hogville recruit experts.

I predict that he won't be a can't miss prospect unless he decommits and picks OU.

Well, Texas was talking to him and he already has an OU offer. So let's just cut through the snark. If James flips to OU and all of a sudden Gabe Richardson ain't a blueshirt, that ain't such a rosy picture. Heck, James only isn't really ideal.

JackJohnson

Quote from: southeasthog on January 27, 2017, 06:51:53 am
We know this is sarcasm and we know it's ignorant. Go away.

Are you saying that what I said isn't true?  If so then take your negativity elsewhere

southeasthog

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 27, 2017, 07:04:19 am
Are you saying that what I said isn't true?  If so then take your negativity elsewhere
Your schtick has gotten beyond old.

JackJohnson

Quote from: southeasthog on January 27, 2017, 07:08:43 am
Your schtick has gotten beyond old.

So is yours with your coach bashing so please stop.  I'm trying to ease concerns based on positivity and then people like you come and name call

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 27, 2017, 06:17:58 am
LMFAO quote of the year right there!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Music City Hog

It's just mind boggling that you have the worst rushing defense in FBS and may sign zero DL if James flips. 

Ramboar

Unfortunately, It sure seems Troy James will be flipping to Oklahoma. >:(
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Bubba's Bruisers

Dang, James is a nice looking prospect.  Losing him would hurt.  He's the only committed DL at this point. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Ramboar

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2017, 08:34:01 am
Dang, James is a nice looking prospect.  Losing him would hurt.  He's the only committed DL at this point. 
I agree. Same guy I got the Norwood info on says this is a done deal. Hope he's wrong.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Bubba's Bruisers

What Norwood info?  My other concern on the DL is we've struck on everybody else.  It looks like we now might finally let Johnson come aboard.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Ramboar

That he was a silent commit to OU a couple days before he announced and made it public. And I agree ab Johnson.  Just wanted to keep James.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Music City Hog

Its an uncommon strategy for sure.

younghog

Quote from: Ramboar on January 27, 2017, 08:32:32 am

I'm not seeing this to be the CASE..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Ramboar on January 27, 2017, 08:32:32 am

I bet they did something nefarious...

jackflash

five more days we will know for sure

tophawg19

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:04:26 am
I bet they did something nefarious...
yeah like win and get projected into the final 4 next year
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

theshiva

This could really hurt our Dline depth in the future if this is true and we don't get acouple others on NSD.

hawgon

Well, his Dline coach at OU is probably actually recruiting him instead of out looking for a job while being "given the chance to move on" by his boss.

colbs

They had an open coaching spot, maybe they should have just hired a DL coach and let Segrest still find a job while employed.  The recruits have to know he's gone since he hasn't been doing any home visits.

hogcard1964

He's listed as a done deal for us on every web site I've visited.  Where is someone hearing he may be wavering to Ok?

colbs

I think he's visiting OU this weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 27, 2017, 09:34:57 am
I think he's visiting OU this weekend.

He's been there since Wednesday, leaves today.

Sportsguy

Bacon_Bitz

OU is trying to flip our lowest rated recruit. So what. May or may not happen but the d line will be fine either way. So much whining on this board nowadays.

Wildhog

We desperately need DL in this class. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2017, 09:38:20 am

I heard we are moving to a 0-5-6 Defense

Bacon_Bitz

Well, like any team we could always use blue chip DL prospects to immediately contribute but that ain't happening. Instead we have got a ton of d linemen already on the roster, many of whom redshirted this year or last year and will really be getting their first chance to contribute this year. Losing one low three star recruit doesn't change much at all. Nothing desperate at all.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2017, 09:38:20 am
OU is trying to flip our lowest rated recruit. So what. May or may not happen but the d line will be fine either way. So much whining on this board nowadays.

It's not that he's our highest rated recruit, it's that he's our ONLY DL commit 5 days before NSD on a team with the worst rushing defense in FBS football. 

ricepig

We signed 5 last year.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 27, 2017, 09:44:57 am
It's not that he's our highest rated recruit, it's that he's our ONLY DL commit 5 days before NSD on a team with the worst rushing defense in FBS football.

Oh I didn't realize you were expecting him to fix the rushing defense as a true freshman. Now I understand why you are complaining now, as compared to your other posts...wait aren't you always complaining?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hawgon on January 27, 2017, 09:19:40 am
Well, his Dline coach at OU is probably actually recruiting him instead of out looking for a job while being "given the chance to move on" by his boss.

Which is another reason you don't wait until after signing day to make a move....

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 09:46:03 am
We signed 6 last year.

but going with 0 this year doesn't seem like the answer.  depth isn't achieved by loading up in one class and ignoring it the next. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2017, 09:38:20 am

so when do rankings/ratings matter and when do they not?

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:48:53 am
but going with 0 this year doesn't seem like the answer.  depth isn't achieved by loading up in one class and ignoring it the next. 

We'll sign Johnson, and until James flips, we have two. We also need 25% less DL in a 3-4, correct?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:47:12 am
Which is another reason you don't wait until after signing day to make a move....

You have really got it all figured out. I am always very impressed with the insight and working knowledge you bring to your posts. You are also very principled, in that you strictly adhere to a policy of whining and complaining that the staff should always be doing the exact opposite of what they are actually doing. Sad! If only we could get your message to CBB, we could let him know to just STOP his delusional behavior and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of whatever his puny little $4 million dollar brain tells him. That is how you win the biggest and best and the very very excellent, just so amazing and unbelievable,national titles!!!

colbs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:49:48 am
so when do rankings/ratings matter and when do they not?
It depends what your agenda is.  Some that complained of his low ranking will now complain if he flips.  Then others will talk him up but if he flips he wasn't rated highly.

PorkRinds

Guys, let the negative nellies have their day.  They're hoping like heck there will be a flip st the last minute so they can pretend it's the end of the world we've all been through this before. Troy James flipping will be the death knell for CBB. The class is ruined. Y'all know the drill.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 09:50:45 am
We'll sign Johnson, and until James flips, we have two. We also need 25% less DL in a 3-4, correct?

Well, we need a true nose. 

Jackson and Capps will be ok there, but Jackson will be a senior, so we REALLY need to get one in this class if we're serious about switching to a 3-4.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 27, 2017, 09:52:18 am
You have really got it all figured out. I am always very impressed with the insight and working knowledge you bring to your posts. You are also very principled, in that you strictly adhere to a policy of whining and complaining that the staff should always be doing the exact opposite of what they are actually doing. Sad! If only we could get your message to CBB, we could let him know to just STOP his delusional behavior and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of whatever his puny little $4 million dollar brain tells him. That is how you win the biggest and best and the very very excellent, just so amazing and unbelievable,national titles!!!

Haha.  What a loser post.

Bacon_Bitz

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 27, 2017, 09:52:42 am
Guys, let the negative nellies have their day.  They're hoping like heck there will be a flip st the last minute so they can pretend it's the end of the world we've all been through this before. Troy James flipping will be the death knell for CBB. The class is ruined. Y'all know the drill.

I would be willing to bet there isn't a single person posting in this thread who hopes James flips.  And certainly no one, not one, would be insinuating that this would be any sort of "death knell" for Bielema.  Such hyperbole.   

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:57:18 am
I would be willing to bet there isn't a single person posting in this thread who hopes James flips.  And certainly no one, not one, would be insinuating that this would be any sort of "death knell" for Bielema.  Such hyperbole.

Sad!!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 09:50:45 am

We might sign Johnson, I honestly don't know.  I hope James doesn't flip.  And you know it's not as simple as saying we can just now sign 25% less d-linemen. 

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:58:48 am
We might sign Johnson, I honestly don't know.  I hope James doesn't flip.  And you know it's not as simple as saying we can just now sign 25% less d-linemen.

So true! Listen to this man! Sad!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 27, 2017, 09:58:48 am

And I wouldn't call him a true nose, either.  We need an actual 0-tech NT.

Looks like that's not happening in this class, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977