Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Los Angeles area watch parties at South in Santa Monica.

Started by HogFansReunited, January 04, 2009, 04:07:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

Contact ReservoirHog within this thread for futher details.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ReservoirHog

Let's plan on El Guapo on Melrose Ave. in Hollywood. Tipoff is at 6PM Pacific. Traffic will be a nightmare at that hour, but hopefully we'll have a good turnout!

HogFansReunited

I plan on being there by around 5pm PST.  Yes traffic will be bad so please plan ahead.  Invitations have been sent to other groups of razorback fans in the area as well.  We are hoping for a good turnout.  If you are intrested in coming or would like any more information please let me or ReservoirHog know.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

hoggeek

ReservoirHog

This is really late notice - the alumni office received a second request from another person for a party tomorrow, to be held at Big Wangs on Cahuenga. They sent e-mails out to all the LA alums, so I'm guessing most of them will attend that party, not the other one at El Guapo. I hope you guys get this message in time

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ReservoirHog on January 05, 2009, 08:37:35 pm
This is really late notice - the alumni office received a second request from another person for a party tomorrow, to be held at Big Wangs on Cahuenga. They sent e-mails out to all the LA alums, so I'm guessing most of them will attend that party, not the other one at El Guapo. I hope you guys get this message in time

Is this an alumni association member only thing or is everyone invited?

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

OK, the new location will be Big Wangs. 

The address is:
1562 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Hope to see all of you there.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I will probably leave the house around 4pm.  Hopefully I will get there by 5-5:30.  This should be a great game and I am looking forward to meeting a all of you.

Member #3568

hawgsav1

I'd love to be able to make it out tonight, but I'm stuck at work :(  On top of that, if I'm scared to go on Sunset after 4PM.  I could probably bike there faster than I could drive.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HogFansReunited

I had a great time watching the game.  Nice to meet you hoggeek.  Traffic actually was not a problem for me.  I made it there in about 30 min.  Ended up having 8 people there to watch the game and we all had a great time.  Hopefully we can put more events like this together in the future.

Member #3568

hoggeek

Had a great time. Let's get those pics from Ashley and put them up here.

We ought to be able to own El Guapo if we make the Dance.

ReservoirHog

We're going to plan another event soon, either a b-ball game or some sort of cocktail party or outing of some sort. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know

intoxhog

Good to see you guys getting Razorback events going even in SO-Cal!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

HogFansReunited

Just let me know anytime and I will try getting away from work for a few hours.

Member #3568

hawgsav1

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 08, 2009, 01:24:22 am
Just let me know anytime and I will try getting away from work for a few hours.

What is this "work" you speak of? :D

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I would like to try and find a place where we can get together every week to watch football games.  If we can get a big enough group together I am sure we can talk a bar or restaurant into ordering whatever game package they need to order to show the razorback games.  Anyone have any ideas of a good place to do this?

Member #3568

ReservoirHog

Last season our watch parties were at El Guapo on Melrose. I imagine we'll likely go there again this year. If you'd like to be put on our e-mail list for the LA Alum group, send me your e-mail in a PM

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ReservoirHog on May 23, 2009, 12:19:53 pm
Last season our watch parties were at El Guapo on Melrose. I imagine we'll likely go there again this year. If you'd like to be put on our e-mail list for the LA Alum group, send me your e-mail in a PM

PM sent

Member #3568

hoggeek

We just moved to Burbank, on Hollywood Way across from WB. There's a Chicago something restaurant that looks pretty cool at Verdugo and Hollywood Way, I'm planning on checking it out to see if it would be a suitable place. I'm up to meet anywhere but wasn't crazy about the place in Hollywood we met at last time I came out; too loud.

PM sent.

ReservoirHog

We've decided to have this year's parties at South in Santa Monica. We'll likely be having a cocktail mixer in the next week or so to get everyone out and acquainted before the first game. If you'd like to be put on the group mailing list, send me your e-mail in a PM.

ReservoirHog

Hey guys,
for those of you who have recently sent me your e-mail, can you please send another PM with both your e-mail and your first and last name. The university is requiring this for their list now.
Thanks!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ReservoirHog on August 25, 2009, 05:20:51 pm
Hey guys,
for those of you who have recently sent me your e-mail, can you please send another PM with both your e-mail and your first and last name. The university is requiring this for their list now.
Thanks!

Just sent you an Email.  Hopefully we can have a few events this year.

Member #3568

hawgsav1

HogFansReunited

I just called South.  I forgot to ask about the parking but they will be showing the game.  I have not heard back from anyone here yet but I plan on going there to watch the game tomorrow so if anyone else wants to go there will at least be a few hog fans there.

Member #3568

hawgsav1

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 04, 2009, 08:09:58 pm
I just called South.  I forgot to ask about the parking but they will be showing the game.  I have not heard back from anyone here yet but I plan on going there to watch the game tomorrow so if anyone else wants to go there will at least be a few hog fans there.

I'm going tomorrow.  If you find out about parking, could you shoot me a PM?

ReservoirHog

Pretty good turnout last weekend. We'll be there at South again next weekend, so tell everyone you know to come and join us for the Georgia game.
There is limited valet parking available for 5 bucks I believe, but there's tons of street parking in the nearby neighborhoods within reasonable walking distance.
Next week's game is a big one on ESPN so it would be great to have another strong showing at the watch party.

hawgsav1

Quote from: ReservoirHog on September 12, 2009, 10:54:22 pm
Pretty good turnout last weekend. We'll be there at South again next weekend, so tell everyone you know to come and join us for the Georgia game.
There is limited valet parking available for 5 bucks I believe, but there's tons of street parking in the nearby neighborhoods within reasonable walking distance.
Next week's game is a big one on ESPN so it would be great to have another strong showing at the watch party.

Best to park one street over on Berkeley instead of on Stanford. 

ReservoirHog

Hey guys -
This year's watch parties for the Los Angeles area will be held at The Parlor. Here's the address:

7250 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323-930-2100

This is a pretty cool spot if you haven't been there before, and hopefully not full of Michigan fans like South was last year.

Also, a good way to stay informed is to join our group on facebook, SoCal Razorbacks, which you can do here -

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27127216119

Feel free to reply or PM me if you need any more info

RedAzz

Quote from: ReservoirHog on July 31, 2010, 12:03:44 pm
Hey guys -
This year's watch parties for the Los Angeles area will be held at The Parlor. Here's the address:

7250 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
323-930-2100

This is a pretty cool spot if you haven't been there before, and hopefully not full of Michigan fans like South was last year.

Also, a good way to stay informed is to join our group on facebook, SoCal Razorbacks, which you can do here -

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27127216119

Feel free to reply or PM me if you need any more info

I wish Facebook would quit changing stuff around. I looked everywhere in my profile and can't find groups anymore. Had to come here and click this link to get back there.