Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 3 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-2, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 17, 2018, 07:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#2 ARKANSAS vs Bucknell
at Baum Stadium, Fayetteville, Ar.  Sunday 12:02PM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 3 THREAD
   #2 ARKANSAS ( 2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell ( 0-2 , 0-0 Patriot League)

This is game 3 of a 3 game series with Bucknell and is the 3rd game of the 2018 Season.

SUNDAY's First Pitch is set for 12:02pm central time and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed live online on SEC Network Plus accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

ucahogfan, will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, JHicks3636, HogFansReunited and Maddhog will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS BASEBALL WEBSITE:   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/

ARKANSAS ROSTERhttp://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/roster/

ARKANSAS GAME/SERIES NOTES:  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Bucknell.pdf

ARKANSAS PREVIEW: http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/hogs-ready-to-open-year-against-bucknell/

THE BISON'S
LEWISBURG, Pa

BUCKNELL BASEBALL WEBSITEhttp://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&SPID=137625&SPSID=810382&DB_OEM_ID=32100

BUCKNELL ROSTER: http://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=32100&SPID=137625&SPSID=810378

BUCKNELL GAME/ SERIES NOTES:

BUCKNELL PREVIEW:

LEWISBURG, Pa
Bucknell's Conner Van Hoose Named Patriot League Preseason Pitcher of Year:
Bucknell Tabbed as Patriot League Preseason Favorite:
http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=211699317

2018 Patriot League Baseball Preseason Poll
1.Bucknell (6 first-place votes)   43
2.Navy (4)                                  38
3.Holy Cross (2)                         29
4.Lehigh                                     27
5.Army West Point                     25
6.Lafayette                                 18

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               12:02 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell           |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

ucahogfan

If I had to figure, our pitching plan will probably line up something as follows:

McKinney - 3 innings
Reindl
Cronin
Bolden
Rutledge

With Murphy probably slated to be the starter against Arizona on Wednesda, I doubt we see him.

AHiD

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 17, 2018, 07:28:04 pm
If I had to figure, our pitching plan will probably line up something as follows:

McKinney - 3 innings
Reindl
Cronin
Bolden
Rutledge

With Murphy probably slated to be the starter against Arizona on Wednesda, I doubt we see him.

I'd guess Loseke instead of Rutledge, just to get him PT
My name...is Jerruh

ucahogfan

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 17, 2018, 07:29:36 pm
I'd guess Loseke instead of Rutledge, just to get him PT
Loseke threw Friday and Rutledge has yet to pitch this weekend.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 17, 2018, 07:28:04 pm

McKinney - 3 innings
Reindl
Cronin
Bolden
Rutledge

Are you still good for PBP?

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on February 17, 2018, 07:36:11 pm
Are you still good for PBP?
Yeah, I'm good to go for tomorrow.  Hopefully I can keep up the fun times we have had so far this weekend.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 17, 2018, 07:37:05 pm
I must've missed that. Apologies.
It's all good.  He threw the 9th inning and I figure a lot of people had checked out by then.  Showed some promise though.

JHicks3636

Only two games but we are hitting .436 as a team with a .593 on base percentage. Our pitching has held them to a 141 average and a .214 OB percentage. We are slugging at .821 to their .156.

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 17, 2018, 07:52:22 pm
Only two games but we are hitting .436 as a team with a .593 on base percentage. Our pitching has held them to a 141 average and a .214 OB percentage. We are slugging at .821 to their .156.
Still, it is very rare for a team to do that over a 2 day period.

To put that in perspective, Brent Rooker who was the best hitter in the country last year, only triple slashed .387/.495/.810.  Benintendi in his Golden Spikes year was at .376/.488/.717.

Bigfoot

ucahogfan

Will Scott Heather have to go out to the mound he knows best as a pitcher and throw a couple of innings for the Bison tomorrow?

Or will Bucknell ask a couple of fans if they want to throw?

SPAL

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 17, 2018, 08:07:29 pm
Will Scott Heather have to go out to the mound he knows best as a pitcher and throw a couple of innings for the Bison tomorrow?

Or will Bucknell ask a couple of fans if they want to throw?

The outcome is probably academic - my only hope is that both teams finish healthy and some young guys who need work and game experience get it.

...and the sun comes out for a little while, and my toes finally defrost - I can wish for that too, can't I?

hoghappy

Is there any other team who can match our Runs per game or batting average? We have to be leading the NCAA's.

pigture perfect

I am thankful for this thread. If it wasn't for the game thread crew, I wouldn't be able to keep up most times. Even if I miss the game, I still feel excited when I read the thread later. I won't be able to catch today's game until after 2 at the earliest. Thanks again so much.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Kevin

fans please give McKinney a standing ovation. he sure deserves it for all the trials he has been through.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

boaron

I am streaming SEC+ from my laptop to TV using Chromecast.  Anyone who is doing the same, do you have any problems?  It works well for a while, will freeze momentarily, the picture is poor for a while and then works again.  I need to know if it is on my end or a broadcast problem.  Thanks.

JHicks3636

Quote from: hoghappy on February 18, 2018, 01:35:19 am
Is there any other team who can match our Runs per game or batting average? We have to be leading the NCAA's.

Presently we lead the NCAA in runs scored at 23 per game. Auburn is second st 15.5. We also lead in scoring margin at 20 per game. Again Auburn is second at 15. Our 32 runs is also the most scored in a game so far this year and the 28 run scoring margin (32-4) is the largest margin of victory thus far at 28. Auburn is also second in both of those categories at 25 and 24 respectively.

howie76

Just heard from a family friend freshman hunter Milligan will start on the mound. Sorry if already posted and does anyone know if this is true?

JHicks3636

Arkansas line-up

SS   Biggers    .600
CF   Fletcher    .333
RF   Cole         .429
DH  Bonfield    .333
LF   Kjerstad    .833
1B   Lee          .000
C    Koch         .333
3B  Gates       1.000
2B  Shaddy      .750
P    McKinney

ucahogfan

Quote from: howie76 on February 18, 2018, 11:05:57 am
Just heard from a family friend freshman hunter Milligan will start on the mound. Sorry if already posted and does anyone know if this is true?
He might start a midweek game later in the year, but he threw yesterday and Keaton McKinney had already been announced as the starter.

howie76

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 11:22:52 am
He might start a midweek game later in the year, but he threw yesterday and Keaton McKinney had already been announced as the starter.
thanks bud.. got info mixed up there.. I didn't get to watch all the game yesterday cause my daughters basketbal game.. didn't know he had already pitched

Hawgphish

Quote from: boaron on February 18, 2018, 09:08:21 am
I am streaming SEC+ from my laptop to TV using Chromecast.  Anyone who is doing the same, do you have any problems?  It works well for a while, will freeze momentarily, the picture is poor for a while and then works again.  I need to know if it is on my end or a broadcast problem.  Thanks.
same here, I think it is on the broadcast end.  Nothing we can do.

Hawgphish

Otis

Quote from: boaron on February 18, 2018, 09:08:21 am

I've been watching on my Apple TV. Picture has been awesome. I'm assuming it's something on your end.

JHicks3636

Bucknell starting line-up

DH Toso           .500
SS  Johnson     .250
LF   Bell           .333
RF   Korchak     .147
3B  Rawlings    .163
C    Klugerman .000
1B  Wincig        .000
2B   Madigan    .000
CF   Scales       .000
P     Simpson

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

DaultonH

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell           |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 18, 2018, 11:51:26 am
Bring us another win uca!
That's the plan!  Hoping to bring us the sweep!  Hopefully people at Baum brought their broom with them today.

Tony Perkis

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis

ucahogfan

Keaton McKinney is sporting a nice beard this afternoon as action gets underway.

ucahogfan

Toso runs the count full, and he chases that patented nasty changeup.  McKinney's 1st K.

Tony Perkis

BR

Wow, wife got me an HDMI adapter for my Ipad, game on in the Tiki Bar... Great Picture.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ucahogfan

Where was that 0-1 pitch at to Johnson?  It was a nice curve from McKinney.

ucahogfan

Johnson grounds out 6-3 as Biggers shows off some impressive range up the middle.

ucahogfan

Bell frozen by an 88 MPH fastball that paints the outside corner.  McKinney's 2nd K.

SPAL

His change is the one thing I've been waiting to see because it's his best pitch.

SPAL