Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 11:24:24 pm

If we lose to Ole Miss it’s over

Started by hogwildjoshua, February 11, 2018, 01:43:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwildjoshua

So we better put up or shut up this Tuesday in Oxford.  Really need to go 4-2 because losing this will go into the "bad losses" category and we can't afford any more of those.  If we play like we did last 7 minutes vs Vandy then we will be good!!

WizardofhOgZ

daprospecta

Moving forward, I hope this isn't a trend. We have seen this the last three games now.

PonderinHog

hogwildjoshua

trippigs

hogwildjoshua

Rome26

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 01:43:06 pm
So we better put up or shut up this Tuesday in Oxford.  Really need to go 4-2 because losing this will go into the "bad losses" category and we can't afford any more of those.  If we play like we did last 7 minutes vs Vandy then we will be good!!

We need to win 3 out of our last 6 to feel comfortable. It doesn't matter if Ole Miss is one of the 3 at long as we win 3.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Rome26 on February 11, 2018, 01:50:39 pm
We need to win 3 out of our last 6 to feel comfortable. It doesn't matter if Ole Miss is one of the 3 at long as we win 3.

Yes but ole miss is still a bad loss.  We would need to beat Auburn to cancel it out

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 01:51:14 pm
Yes but ole miss is still a bad loss.  We would need to beat Auburn to cancel it out
So if we lose to them and beat Auburn it's not over?

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 11, 2018, 01:57:40 pm
So if we lose to them and beat Auburn it's not over?

Depends on what the committee thinks...that would be our 4-5th bad loss on our resume 🤷🏻‍♂️ Would not advice that

Rome26

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 02:03:32 pm
Depends on what the committee thinks...that would be our 4-5th bad loss on our resume 🤷🏻‍♂️ Would not advice that

How can you say it's over if we lose to Ole Miss and then say it depends on what the committee thinks if we win 3? That makes no sense. Name the 4 or 5 bad L's. I only see 2 right now.

sadhogfan

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 01:43:06 pm

No. Win 3 of the last 6 and we are fine. Any three.

raz1965

Thought a below 150 rpi was considered a bad loss.in the past. Do we have any of those? Hogs have the schedule in front that can allow up to a 5 seed depending on how they finish. GO Hogs.

RaisinHog

What are our bad losses LSU twice and Mississippi State ?

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Rome26 on February 11, 2018, 02:09:16 pm
How can you say it's over if we lose to Ole Miss and then say it depends on what the committee thinks if we win 3? That makes no sense. Name the 4 or 5 bad L's. I only see 2 right now.

LSU twice, Mississippi State would be 3...loosening to Ole Miss would make 4.  Houston could be a bad one to so that could be your 5th

Dirty

Razorback Mac

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 02:24:49 pm
LSU twice, Mississippi State would be 3...loosening to Ole Miss would make 4.  Houston could be a bad one to so that could be your 5th

LSU RPI 79
MSU 57
Houston 31
Absolutely none of those are considered a bad loss

PonderinHog

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Razorback Mac on February 11, 2018, 02:30:55 pm
LSU RPI 79
MSU 57
Houston 31
Absolutely none of those bad are considered a bad loss

Those losses are keeping us from being off of the bubble.  Teams like us shouldn't have losses to teams like that...period

razorback1829

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 11, 2018, 02:33:12 pm
Those losses are keeping us from being off of the bubble.  Teams like us shouldn't have losses to teams like that...period

Don't try to change now lol. You said "bad one" implying those were bad losses, echo had they weren't. Keep pushin this little agenda of yours though. Go start another thread next week telling us we can't afford  lose to aTm/uk/Auburn.. take your pick. lol you're a joke.

greenEGnHAWGS

Going through an entire season without a couple questionable losses doesn't teally happen. Give me 1 team in the nation that doesn't have questionable losses?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgball40

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 11, 2018, 02:39:22 pm
Going through an entire season without a couple questionable losses doesn't teally happen. Give me 1 team in the nation that doesn't have questionable losses?
Michigan St. They don't have a single loss to a team outside the top 25.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 11, 2018, 02:48:25 pm
Michigan St. They don't have a single loss to a team outside the top 25.

Nice catch. So there's one in the nation. Anyone else?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

hawgball40

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 11, 2018, 02:54:18 pm
Not that I can tell. Exception that proves the rule kind of thing. Most other teams have lost a game they should have won on paper. You owe me a +1 for that find though

HOGINTENNESSEE

no it's not because we could win at Mizz or Bama make up for a road loss. But yes I would agree those are unlikely

However not impossible.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 11, 2018, 03:00:47 pm
Not that I can tell. Exception that proves the rule kind of thing. Most other teams have lost a game they should have won on paper. You owe me a +1 for that find though

True. I'll give you a +1 once I figure out how to do that on my phone or when I get on computer!

RaisinHog

Yea we don't have any true bad losses the only one I would consider a bad one would be the LSU at home ..

golfinpig

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 11, 2018, 03:16:37 pm
Yea we don't have any true bad losses the only one I would consider a bad one would be the LSU at home ..
Getting blown out by Houston looked pretty bad to me.

hawgfan4life

I really dislike OPs and posts inside threads like this one.  What if we lose to Ole Miss but win all of the other games?  Is it really over?  What if we lose to Ole Miss but win half of the remaining games and make it to the finals of the SEC tournament?  Is it over then too?  IMO, if we win 22 games before selection day, we will be in and it won't matter which games we lose or win to get there.  That would mean we go 5 and 4 the rest of the way.

Hog Pharm

A&M lost to LSU at home and look at them now

Science Fiction Greg

OP premise is untrue.  Didn't read anything else.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: golfinpig on February 11, 2018, 03:47:31 pm
Houston is a tourney team
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

RaisinHog

Quote from: golfinpig on February 11, 2018, 03:47:31 pm

It looked bad but they are in the tourny as of now .. how much you get beat by really don't matter

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ballinhog

Man the thread starter here is a sensitive little booger ain't he

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 11, 2018, 02:54:18 pm

The other 350 teams are terrible.

farmhawg

Quote from: ballinhog on February 11, 2018, 06:14:25 pm
Man the thread starter here is a sensitive little booger ain't he
yep, bad parenting. Dad takes him to a game and lets him sit and play on his phone. No respect from either one......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!