Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong Finish to 2018 class

Started by colbs, February 09, 2018, 08:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

While the class overall wasn't ranked very high the class finished strong.  Parker didn't flip, Foucha, and then Gerald today.  The last few years the former staff was on some big fish but they went elsewhere for the most part.  First time the class finished strong since Collins & Kirkland committed the last week.

texas tush hog

You ain't seen nothing yet. All the coaches down here hit me up every time I turn round and tell me what a great coach we got. Especially the Aggies, they are mad as hell. They expect Jimbo to fall flat of his face and then they will be coming after Chad and then we can get Norvell who they all knew I wanted.  It seems like Chad, Traylor and staff have every coach in East Texas AND DFW in their hip pockets. I guess we shall see with next year's class. Was not in favor of this hire, but my old buddy Terry Don and all these coaches I know down here(and there are many)are starting to wear me down.

hawginbigd1

Absolutely a great finsh with Gerald, Parker, and Foucha! Finally a little excitement at the end that goes our way.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hollywood_HOGan45

Maybe we finally won't suck on defense!

Flrazrback

Chief has the experience and now he has some more great talent to work with. Excited and can't wait to see the season start.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Flrazrback on February 09, 2018, 09:03:03 pm
Chief has the experience and now he has some more great talent to work with. Excited and can't wait to see the season start.
Win, lose or draw (which obviously you don't play for any longer) I suspect the Hog's defense will no longer be the soft, no attack style we've seen for the past umpteenth years. Not saying we'll necessary be a heavy blitz team, obviously don't know what the coaches see as far as our talent/abilities, however, I do believe that both in the secondary and the D line we will see far better discipline and tighter coverages. The real key IMO is how well we can improve our fundamentals, techniques, and how quickly we can begin to close the gap when it comes to SEC level speed.

rtr

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 09, 2018, 08:12:41 pm
You ain't seen nothing yet. All the coaches down here hit me up every time I turn round and tell me what a great coach we got. Especially the Aggies, they are mad as hell. They expect Jimbo to fall flat of his face and then they will be coming after Chad and then we can get Norvell who they all knew I wanted.  It seems like Chad, Traylor and staff have every coach in East Texas AND DFW in their hip pockets. I guess we shall see with next year's class. Was not in favor of this hire, but my old buddy Terry Don and all these coaches I know down here(and there are many)are starting to wear me down.
If Morris is successful here, he won't leave.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

texas tush hog

Quote from: rtr on February 09, 2018, 10:07:16 pm
If Morris is successful here, he won't leave.

I hope you are right, but the texags are getting to be like the teasips. They think they can buy the world and they wanted Chad to hear all of them tell it. That makes me feel a lot better.

Hogindasticks

I think Arkansas will pay him whatever he wants if he puts us in the top 5

blu

Heck, I'd just like to be one of the Top 5 in our own conference division!
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16