Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashlights

Started by Mr.Swine89, December 22, 2017, 04:17:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Swine89

I have always had an EDC flashlight. Either a streamlight or some black Friday special from home Depot. But things have now changed...my wife got me a Fenix PD35 for Christmas and let me tell you, it's amazing. 1000 lumen max with 4 other outputs. Takes 3 different kinds of batteries and doesn't get stupid hot like some high lumen lights. Really nice light for those who like to carry a light or need something on the farm. It can also reach out 200meters and light things up. Great for checking cows and goats.

Albert Einswine

Nice review on that light, looks good.

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

HawgWild

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Been using some China made pistol grip, 4 C cell type the last few years.

David†

Man I really should upgrade drom my 6 d cell maglite.

DeltaBoy

COAST makes solid fashlight.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 24, 2017, 08:17:11 pm
COAST makes solid fashlight.

Yes they do. Tough lights that are reliable. I had a Coast headlamp for years until it was lost in a move. I always seem to have trouble with lights that are not waterproof. That's why the Fenix is just received is such a blessing. It's submersible up to 6 feet supposedly haha. Maybe that means it can survive in the rain for a spring and summer. We have goats and sheep and a simple thunderstorm can send them running sometimes. A nice light is a must for me.

Mr.Swine89

Quote from: David† on December 23, 2017, 11:10:00 am

Haha those are multi purpose. Personal protection and a great light source.

CPO Hog

Quote from: David† on December 23, 2017, 11:10:00 am
Maglite's LED conversion kits vary from 200-350 Lumens for about $16.
New Generation LED Maglite's produce up to 625 Lumens.
Incandescent 6D is ~135 Lumens.

DeltaBoy

I need to upgrade my Maglights and get some Coast ones.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.