Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MTSU 35, A-State 30

Started by Seminole Indian, December 17, 2017, 07:25:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Middle Tennessee 35, Arkansas State 30

Middle Tennessee went up 28-10 early in the third and held off Arkansas State for a Camellia Bowl win. Twice in the second half, the Red Wolves reached the red zone but failed to come away with any points. They lost a fumble in the third quarter, and two drives later turned the ball over on downs to leave more crucial points on the field. The Blue Raiders earned their second bowl win in program history.

Player of the game

In the last game of his collegiate career, Blue Raiders linebacker D.J. Sanders was all over the field, totaling 10 tackles, including a key sack. In the second quarter, he recovered a fumble and scored his fourth career touchdown.

Key stats

Middle Tennessee had lost four bowl games in a row.
Arkansas State is 3-5 all-time in bowls.
This was just the fourth game this season the Blue Raiders did not commit more turnovers than their opponent.
Middle Tennessee quarterback Brent Stockstill has thrown a touchdown pass in 23 straight games.
The Blue Raiders recorded six sacks for the second time this season.
Arkansas State's Ja'Von Rolland-Jones did not record a sack and finished his career with 43.5, falling short of Terrell Suggs' career record of 44.
The Red Wolves set a single-season program record with 4,111 yards passing.

Key play

In the final seconds, Darrius Liggins sacked Justice Hansen to run out the clock and prevent Arkansas State from taking the lead. It was Middle Tennessee's third sack on the final drive of the game.

http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fbs/2017/12/16/middle-tenn-arkansas-st
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

pigture perfect

I listened and watched when I could. Just couldn't seem to catch a break when we needed to.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

December 17, 2017, 08:42:15 am #2 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:56:20 am by Seminole Indian
I watched most of the 1st half but that was all I could take.

No doubt A-State has a lot of talent but they do things that would be an embarrassment at the Junior High level, and still almost win.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Jones actually had a sack in the third quarter to set a new record but a personal foul penalty on the play, facemask, committed by a teammate wiped it out. He came close twice more to getting that needed sack but the QB was just too elusive.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.