Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V- Charlotte

Started by flippinhogmana, December 06, 2017, 10:25:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Tomorrow nights game against Charlotte should be a good test (especially of the home court advantage).  They have four starters averaging in double figures, one of which is a 6-4 read shirt senior who gets almost as many offensive rebounds as she does defensive one.  She is a two time all-conference defensive team performer.  It would have been more probably but she has had injury problems in her career.  She is a shot blocker too, but she is not a good free throw shooter, at only about 33 per cent.  And she can get in foul trouble herself.

They have played good teams with about the same point deferential as we have (big 10 and otherwise).  We will see if your perimeter game (if we are hitting) and drive and dish/layup approach, and defense conversion of turnovers is effective against a team that might be a bit better than us in some respects.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

neither team shooting particularly well 6-6 with about four minutes left in the first quarter.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

both teams shooting about 20 percent, hogs 1-6 in three pointers, Mason with the one, hogs do have an edge in fouls 2-4

flippinhogmana

thomas hasnt been in long but picks up two fouls, one on this last shot.  now 8-6
now mason scores again to make it 8-8

flippinhogmana

charlotte scores again and NCB who is in now, answers with a three 11-10 hogs

flippinhogmana

charlotte scores another two and mason answers with a three to make it 14-12 hogs (mason with eight)

flippinhogmana

charlotte hits two buckets to go up 18-14 (3s)
Thats the score at the end of one q

flippinhogmana

MM is 0-4 and Cosper 0-3

flippinhogmana

Cosper shoots, misses and get her own rebound heads to the line hits both, 18-16
visistor hits another bucket, 20-16
Cosper is now 0-6 from the field, still 20-16 with 7:57 to go in the quarter

flippinhogmana

charlotte scores again and cosper hits her first bucket, 22 -16,
charlotte scores again ,, and then again 26-18
cosper hits her first three to bring it back to five 26-21

flippinhogmana

heating up now, charlotte with another bucket and a bucket by zimmer makes it 30-24 with 5:18 to go

flippinhogmana

charlotte with 6 fouls now, hogs with four, thomas with two of those, 30-26 at the media timeout 4:46 to go first half after a williams bucket

flippinhogmana

cosper with four boards, pearson with charlotte with 8
charlotte has hit 6 of their last seven attempts to bring their fg percent to 47 percent, hogs at 33
charlotte has 7 to and hogs with 2

flippinhogmana

williams is 0-3 at the line
swenson gets into the missing act, misses a three pointer hogs 5-13 from distance,
Charlotte scores to make it 32-26 at four minute mark

flippinhogmana

swenson misses another three
pearson now has ten boards
cosper misses but williams gets her second offensive board, picks up the foul, but misses her fourth ft
and another 0-5
Pearson picks up her second block shot, and monk fouls, still 32-26 at 2:33

flippinhogmana

monk hits a layup and its now 32-28 with 2:05 to play
zimmer misses a three, but charlotte hits one, 35-28

flippinhogmana

monk misses a three, cosper gets here seven board and drives or a layup, 35-30
charlotte turns the ball over again (9)
44 seconds to go in the half
cosper misses
macy weaver in the game picks up a foul
five seconds to go
ft good by robinson
and again, 37-30
at the half

flippinhogmana

hogs 5-18 from three, 11-38 over all from the field

flippinhogmana

cosper played the whole first half, 9 pts, 7 boards, 1 assist and a steal
Monk and Mason played almost as much (18,17)
Mason with 8 pts, Monk with 2

flippinhogmana

Monk has two fouls and thomas two
nobody else with more than one cosper and mason with none

flippinhogmana

Pearson had four offensive rebounds of her twelve boards in the first half, two blocks, and no fouls,
Macy Weaver came in and played three minutes, thomas played two and picked up two fouls
Macy Weaver might have to play more and play well for us to win this thing, and the hogs are going to have to shoot better.

flippinhogmana

teams trade buckets to open the second half, one my monk, now williams hits to bring the margin to 39-34

flippinhogmana

hogs with a chance to cut into it but zimmerman with a turnover (3)
cosper with a miss but gets her board and draws a foul, hits both to cut it to 39-36

flippinhogmana

charlotte with a turnover and cosper misses another three
7:20 to go, charlotte inbounds, and then turn it over
cosper with a layup cuts it to one
39-38

flippinhogmana

foul on mason robinson their leading scorer hits both, 41-38

flippinhogmana

mason misses a jumper robinson picks up her third foul (2nd Charlotte player with three) williams hits the first ft this time, then misses the second, (1-7) then Charlotte scores at the other end 43-39

flippinhogmana

6:02 to go
monk and cosepr miss next two times down the court and then Williams picks up a foul
two on Williams
cosper picks up her first foul, looks like a charge because she was given a turnover too
Monk gets a steal (12 to for Charlotte) mason misses and we are at the media to -4:51 to go, 43-39

flippinhogmana

hogs are 1-7 after they trimmed it to a one point game

flippinhogmana

cosper now has 10 rebounds

flippinhogmana

charlotte shooting at 39 percent, hogs 29 percent

flippinhogmana

thomas picks up her third foul and the visitors hit both fts for a six point lead that cosper cuts into with a bucket 45-41

flippinhogmana

cosper with 15 pts now
cha turns it over
monk hits a three pointer 45-44
monk with 7 now

flippinhogmana

monk hits aother bucket for a 46-45 lead

flippinhogmana

cosper picks up a foul on the other end
pearson misses the first
and the second
still 46-45 hogs with 2:26 to go

flippinhogmana

williams with a couple of offensive boards, and then misses but she is fouled on the second put back
miesses both not (1-9 from the ft line)

flippinhogmana

charlotte scores at the other end to retake the lead but then cosper gets it back with a bucket for her 17th point 1:52 to go

flippinhogmana

robinson picks up her fourth foul cosper misses the first, hits the seocnd 49-47 hogs 1:18 to go in the third quarter

flippinhogmana

Weaver is into the game, picks up a foul, on an offensive rebound, miss ft, hits the seocnd to but it to a one point hogs lead 49-48 with :48 to go

flippinhogmana

Weaveer with an offensvie rebound but looses it and monk picks up a foul on the other end, first ft tiees it up and the second is miss :21 seconds to go hogs ball

flippinhogmana

so far fouls are 13-14 in hogs favor, to 6-13 in hogs favor heading into the fourth quarter
cosper with 18, monk 9, mason 8

flippinhogmana

cosper with another double double (18-12 so far) williams with 9 boards

flippinhogmana

cosper misses a shot
weaver gets the offensive rebound
misses the ft
messes the second too

flippinhogmana

charlotte hits a bucket on the other end, 51-49

flippinhogmana

zimmer misses a 3
NCB misses a three
but charlette is missing too
monk hits a 3 to put the hogs back on top for her 12th point 52-51 at 8:11

flippinhogmana

zimmer misses again (2-9, 1-6 on 3s)
Weaver picks up a foul at the other end
and williams is back in
swenson picks up a foul now
charlotte picks up a bucket to go back up 53-52

flippinhogmana

at the seven minute mark now
mason misses a 3
mason picks up a foul
charlotte still up 53-52 6:35 to go
now hits the first ft
and misses the second 54-52

flippinhogmana

swenson hits a three to give the hogs the lead back by one 55-54

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

shooting percentages are about even again just above 30 percent for both

flippinhogmana

pfs are equal at 16, turnovers hogs have an 7-14 edge