• 385,402 Topics
• 21,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SI: Just days before he was hospitalized, Ric Flair told us about his struggles  (Read 333 times)

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian

SI Extra Mustard‏Verified account @SI_ExtraMustard

Just days before he was hospitalized, Ric Flair told us about his struggles with alcohol

Leave it to Ric Flair to have a false finish with death.

The “Dirtiest Player in the Game” has cheated again, and this time the opponent was his own mortality.

Flair was rushed to the hospital last Saturday at an undisclosed Georgia hospital, yet put his boot on the ropes before the referee could count to three.

Upon medical attention, what was thought to be an intestinal blockage wound up requiring part of his bowel be removed.

“I had one vice,” admitted Flair. “I’m not going to point my finger at anybody else. My vice was drinking. I didn’t have any pain issues, addiction problems, marijuana, cocaine, nothing like that. It’s a fact that I kept myself up all night and always had a good time.”

“It doesn’t surprise me that Ric kicked out at two-and-a-half,” said Terry Funk, who was one of Flair’s fiercest rivals and remains his longtime friend. “That’s all I wanted. I didn’t want to say goodbye to my friend.”

Skandar Jackson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Cooking my turkey in a fireball of Arab oil

We almost lost a good one last week, boys....we almost lost a good one. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

Hope Rick sobers up.

Uncle Remus

• Bench Warmer
  • Whatya hear...whatya say?!?

I read today where Jerry Lawler did a podcast this week where he said that Flair was given a 20% chance of surviving the surgery that saved his life.  He kicked out big time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas