Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Class

Started by MS_HogFan, August 03, 2017, 09:35:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: ArkansasI on August 03, 2017, 09:51:09 am
Always follow the offers...

I think recruits are seeing the benefit of hopping on board with programs sooner - so as not to miss their opportunity.  If you listen to the coaches' interviews, it is easy to see why the program is gaining strength and stability.

Now, we just need to win more games.

That's how you win more games.

Hoggish1

[/quote]
Quote from: Music City Hog on August 03, 2017, 11:41:44 am
7 of them have an sec offer that is just mizzou or Mississippi state.  Technically counts, but count me as unimpressed with offers from those two.  This class is basically the same as all the others: blah, meh, and whatever.

Sad way to be a fan...

greenie

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 22, 2017, 09:50:54 am

Sad way to be a fan...

Just ignore that guy.  This kind of subtle trolling is his M.O.

redleg

So the Hogs probably aren't going to get Gerry Bohanon...unless he sees the light and realizes his best long term career path is at WR or OLB, and not as a dual-threat QB.
I see him signing with Baylor or Auburn, starting for a season or two, and after doing very well in college, leaves early for the NFL, and ends up just like 99 out of 100 dual-threat QBs in the League...on the "outs" after a few seasons. If I were in charge of drafting for a pro team, I would NEVER draft a dual-threat QB or a QB that played in a spread offense (except a big QB like Cam Newton, which is the only reason he hasn't ended up like RGIII).
But if he accepted his future as a WR or LB, signed with Arkansas, he could become one of the better players the Hogs have had this century, and would have a better, longer, and more productive pro career.

IMO  8)
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

mizzouman

Quote from: redleg on August 22, 2017, 03:08:35 pm
So the Hogs probably aren't going to get Gerry Bohanon...unless he sees the light and realizes his best long term career path is at WR or OLB, and not as a dual-threat QB.
I see him signing with Baylor or Auburn, starting for a season or two, and after doing very well in college, leaves early for the NFL, and ends up just like 99 out of 100 dual-threat QBs in the League...on the "outs" after a few seasons. If I were in charge of drafting for a pro team, I would NEVER draft a dual-threat QB or a QB that played in a spread offense (except a big QB like Cam Newton, which is the only reason he hasn't ended up like RGIII).
But if he accepted his future as a WR or LB, signed with Arkansas, he could become one of the better players the Hogs have had this century, and would have a better, longer, and more productive pro career.

IMO  8)
I'm confused.  Are you more concerned with his long term future in the NFL or his future with the Razorbacks?  It's hard to tell.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: mizzouman on August 22, 2017, 03:36:58 pm
I'm confused.  Are you more concerned with his long term future in the NFL or his future with the Razorbacks?  It's hard to tell.
We like to see Arkansas kids do well.

Not sure what y'all do up there in Misery.
All Gas, No Brakes!

31to6

Quote from: HogFoo on August 22, 2017, 03:00:15 am
We don't have to have top rated classes.  We can gradually build on recruiting every year until we get there.  The same way Clemson did. They never got a top rated class. But they got better and better. I think their best classes were maybe ranked 10th? 

Since 2012: 20, 15, 16, 9, 11, 16

Proved you do not need top-5 classes to win. But you do need *stability* and *consistency*. You also need damn good coaching.

Dabo has built them on excellent recruiting, high retention, stability and demanding players do things the right way. Very "Bielema" with regard to character.

We don't need to jump to the top-10 to compete, but we do need to cash in on some wins and program stability and see it grow to where most of our classes are more of the top-20 variety. If we do that without compromising all the good things CBB is doing in terms of retention, character and work ethic, we will compete.

mizzouman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 22, 2017, 04:14:35 pm
We like to see Arkansas kids do well.

Not sure what y'all do up there in Misery.
Not according to some.  If Arkansas kids go elsewhere, they get pissed and don't care if they succeed or not. 

By the way, what is this Misery you are referring to?

HogFoo

Quote from: 31to6 on August 22, 2017, 04:28:42 pm
Since 2012: 20, 15, 16, 9, 11, 16

Proved you do not need top-5 classes to win. But you do need *stability* and *consistency*. You also need damn good coaching.

Dabo has built them on excellent recruiting, high retention, stability and demanding players do things the right way. Very "Bielema" with regard to character.

We don't need to jump to the top-10 to compete, but we do need to cash in on some wins and program stability and see it grow to where most of our classes are more of the top-20 variety. If we do that without compromising all the good things CBB is doing in terms of retention, character and work ethic, we will compete.
Totally agree. That's why I mentioned Clemson.  They weren't killing it in recruiting, but they got consistently better.  Won on average what, 9-10 games a year, and just built from there. They get a great QB and that was the final piece for them. To get them over the top.  Even after winning the NC, they aren't killing it in recruiting. 

I absolutely believe the Hogs can use Clemson as an example.  Get good solid players every recruiting class, just like we have, with a few stars mixed in, and then just start winning.   Getting 8wins, 9wins, 10wins.. etc..  I totally believe Bielema can do it here. And I think we're about to turn the corner starting this season on what will be a very bright sustained future for Bielema and the Hogs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Muskliketusk

Clemson ain't had a recruiting class outside the top 15 since 2010. We better get in gear if we gonna follow that example.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

lahawg1

Anyone want to tell me how great our coach is doing on the recruiting trail now?

riccoar

Quote from: Muskliketusk on August 23, 2017, 10:40:25 am
Clemson ain't had a recruiting class outside the top 15 since 2010. We better get in gear if we gonna follow that example.
But does Clemson have a better GPA? THAT is the question. True, high GPA's don't win games, but they make Jeff Long giddy.