Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Scuba Divers here?

Started by hogsfan31, May 07, 2017, 09:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfan31

I just got my scuba certification two weekends ago. I did my check off dives in Islamorada in 6 foot waves. It was a bit crazy with the conditions. Had about 2 ft visibility and the current underneath was stronger than I thought it would be. I think I was one of 4 people that didn't get sick on the boat.

Any other divers in here. Fav dives or fav dive destinations?? What's your cert level? Any good stories??

I am just open water cert up to 60 ft right now, unless I'm with a Dive Master for other types of dives.

GolfNut57

Sorry, can't help you. I'm just a muff diver. No certification required.  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hogsfan31

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 07, 2017, 10:06:33 pm
Sorry, can't help you. I'm just a muff diver. No certification required.  :)

Post of the year right here! Lmao Good one!

bennyl08

I just have open water as well (did my cert up at Beaver Lake).

Not as fancy as tropical diving but lake diving is pretty cool.

Haven't done it myself but some cool diving (in more ways than one) in the PNW.

I have gone to Poor Knight's Island in New Zealand and the GBR. Would love to try Belize someday.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogsfan31 on May 07, 2017, 09:33:12 pm
I just got my scuba certification two weekends ago. I did my check off dives in Islamorada in 6 foot waves. It was a bit crazy with the conditions. Had about 2 ft visibility and the current underneath was stronger than I thought it would be. I think I was one of 4 people that didn't get sick on the boat.

Any other divers in here. Fav dives or fav dive destinations?? What's your cert level? Any good stories??

I am just open water cert up to 60 ft right now, unless I'm with a Dive Master for other types of dives.

Did you stay at Rayburn House? 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogsfan31

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 08, 2017, 12:32:33 am
I just have open water as well (did my cert up at Beaver Lake).

Not as fancy as tropical diving but lake diving is pretty cool.

Haven't done it myself but some cool diving (in more ways than one) in the PNW.

I have gone to Poor Knight's Island in New Zealand and the GBR. Would love to try Belize someday.

GBR would be amazing. That and Belize are on my bucket list for sure.

I would like to dive off PNW but I want to be more experienced when I head over that way with the cold waters.

I did one dive in Lake Denton here in FL and it was pretty clear. I was impressed with the clarity underwater there. Saw lots of Bream and Bass.

Saw some grouper, trumpet fish, Blue Tang, and 3 nurse sharks in Islamorada.
There's a trip coming up that a dive club here is planning in August down in cozumel, specifically for Whale Sharks. Supposed to be a migration time for them.

jabberjawls

Bonaire.  Any of the Caymans.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogsfan31 on May 08, 2017, 12:15:59 pm
GBR would be amazing. That and Belize are on my bucket list for sure.

I would like to dive off PNW but I want to be more experienced when I head over that way with the cold waters.

I did one dive in Lake Denton here in FL and it was pretty clear. I was impressed with the clarity underwater there. Saw lots of Bream and Bass.

Saw some grouper, trumpet fish, Blue Tang, and 3 nurse sharks in Islamorada.
There's a trip coming up that a dive club here is planning in August down in cozumel, specifically for Whale Sharks. Supposed to be a migration time for them.

I'd love to dive with whale sharks.

Also, night dives are awesome.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

I wish I'd bothered to get certified before my wife and I went to Bora Bora seven years ago.  As it was, the snorkeling was out of this world and we did a swimming with sharks excursion.  And it wasn't one of those where you're separated by a fence; it was open water.  Clearest water I've ever seen.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.