Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tony Romo with broken bone in back

Started by Richard_white, August 27, 2016, 02:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_white

I guess Dak is needed earlier than expected.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/08/27/mri-reveals-fractured-bone-romo%E2%80%99s-back-qb-expected-return-2016

Jackrabbit Hog

I've never been a Romo basher and I do think he's talented.  But man, that guy is brittle!  I mean, it's one thing to have bad luck; it's another to have the track record he's had the past few years.  He lasted all of 3 pre-season snaps this year.

I wonder if he has osteoporosis?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dr. Starcs

The guy has become fragile, but he's played through multiple injuries, including a broken rib and punctured lung. If he's missing, its legit.

Dak appears to be the future anyway, and they aren't winning anything with that defense. So might as well let him go.

kodiakisland

No surprise there.  When was the last time he played a full season?  There was absolutely no reason for the Cowboys to believe he would make it through one this time.  I love everything Jerry Jones does for the Hogs but he has certainly screwed the Cowboys for many years now.  They should have signed a viable backup.  Instead they are now going to be forced to play a rookie.  I hope Dak really is that good.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

95_alum

Romo needs to take his guaranteed money & ride off into the sunset. Go. He has a wife & two sons. Go. Enjoy your retirement. Enjoy being a dad. Enjoy being a husband. Live.

https://youtu.be/WgkQU32XSFQ

Dr. Starcs

It was only 2 seasons ago he led them to 12-4.

The issue now is though that he's in his mid 30s with all those compiled injuries. Hate it for the guy. Dallas is 10-23 without him as starting qb. 78-49 with.

alohawg

Wouldn't be shocked if that was the last play of his career.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

H&D

I like the Cowboys fine, I just hate their fans.  They must be busy talking themselves off of the ledge, my facebook feed has been quiet about this.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hoglady

Mallett had a nice game last night - 10/15 112 yds   1 passing TD plus a rushing TD  QB rating 111
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

holeinthewall

He should retire or Dallas should dump him.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 27, 2016, 03:36:19 pm
It was only 2 seasons ago he led them to 12-4.

The issue now is though that he's in his mid 30s with all those compiled injuries. Hate it for the guy. Dallas is 10-23 without him as starting qb. 78-49 with.
Looks like Houston Nutt numbers.....#hesawinnah

PP

EastexHawg

Yet another Cowboys season down the toilet before the first game is played.  We'll see how those eye popping Dak Prescott preseason stats translate to the regular season.

DeltaBoy

Romo needs to retire while he can still walk.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Well Romo got a good Dr Report but as long as Dak winning he needs to ride the pine.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hawkhawg

Romo has meant a lot to the cowboys and I think you have to give him a chance to get his job back. Give him a short lease. Dak is the future but I'd like to see tony get one shot.

clutch

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 11, 2016, 02:37:44 pm
Romo has meant a lot to the cowboys and I think you have to give him a chance to get his job back. Give him a short lease. Dak is the future but I'd like to see tony get one shot.

I agree. Dak is the future, and has played well this season, but Romo is still the guy. He is a top tier QB when healthy. You have to give him a shot. If he isn't meeting expectations then you just go back to Dak. Plus Romo is making entirely too much money to just be wearing a headset.

HiggiePiggy

Didn't romo get his job because bledsow had an injury?  Or was that Brady?  Either way. I would not change what is working right now. Football is a business. If what is working keep doing it.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Dr. Starcs

I believe Bledsoe wasnt playing well and Bill Parcells made the change at halftime during a game several years ago.

Romo has been a high level qb since, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dak continue to get the playing time. Tough call though. And still a few weeks before romo might even be ready. A lot can change by then.

EastexHawg

The Cowboys have a fantastic running game with Elliott this year.  That has taken the onus off Dak to put up big numbers and carry the entire offense, just as the running game with DeMarco Murray did for Romo two years ago.

alohawg

So far the Cowboys are just fine with the new guys.....just keep Romo healthy on the bench until you really need him. He could still be the hero by season's end.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

EastexHawg

Let's remember who the Cowboys have played and beaten this year.  The Redskins are 3-2, but the Bengals have a losing record and both the Bears and 49ers have been terrible.

clutch

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 12, 2016, 06:10:20 pm
Didn't romo get his job because bledsow had an injury?  Or was that Brady?  Either way. I would not change what is working right now. Football is a business. If what is working keep doing it.

Both of them actually. Brady got it when Bledsoe got injured, Romo just replaced him because he wasn't playing good.

DeltaBoy

He needs to ride the pine play mentor and retire at seasons end.

95_alum

Listening to ESPN Dallas radio this afternoon. Discussion about trading Romo to Rams, Broncos or Jets at the end of the season...

EastexHawg

Quote from: 95_alum on October 19, 2016, 04:11:45 pm
Listening to ESPN Dallas radio this afternoon. Discussion about trading Romo to Rams, Broncos or Jets at the end of the season...

I remember when rookie Mike Kruczek came off the bench when Terry Bradshaw was injured and led the Steelers to six straight wins and the AFC Central title.  Luckily for Pittsburgh they didn't trade Bradshaw away because they thought they had found a younger replacement. 

Knees...they were made for jerking.

alohawg

Quote from: 95_alum on October 19, 2016, 04:11:45 pm

He would be crazy to go to the Rams or Jets with their olines, Broncos ok, maybe.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

DeltaBoy

Romo needs to take the money and retire.

clutch

I'd be awfully cautious of making a move trading away Romo right now if I were the Cowboys. There's a lot of one year wonders in the NFL. Look at RGIII as a good example. Romo has proven he's a good QB when healthy.

The Cowboys success right now has more to do with Elliot than it does Prescott in my opinion.

goodguytex

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 29, 2016, 10:10:46 am
Yet another Cowboys season down the toilet before the first game is played.  We'll see how those eye popping Dak Prescott preseason stats translate to the regular season.
Hmmmm...

hoglady

Quote from: clutch on October 30, 2016, 10:39:11 am
I'd be awfully cautious of making a move trading away Romo right now if I were the Cowboys. There's a lot of one year wonders in the NFL. Look at RGIII as a good example. Romo has proven he's a good QB when healthy.

The Cowboys success right now has more to do with Elliot than it does Prescott in my opinion.

Shanahan's destroyed RGIII's career playing him hurt and getting him further injured to win now - instead of doing the right thing and protecting his future and the team's future.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoglady on October 30, 2016, 11:25:11 am
Shanahan's destroyed RGIII's career playing him hurt and getting him further injured to win now - instead of doing the right thing and protecting his future and the team's future.

I doubt he even wanted to draft RG3. He wasn't the type of qb for the system he ran. That was more the owner forcing the pick. They also got their current qb that same year. That was the qb shanahan wanted.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

clutch

Quote from: hoglady on October 30, 2016, 11:25:11 am

RGIII ruined RGIII's career worse than Shanahan could have ever dreamed. He got the big head and didn't want to listen to anyone.

DeltaBoy

Dr. Starcs

EastexHawg:

DeltaBoy

Dr. Starcs

What a great return for Romo. Wish it would've happened last week in Dallas for the home crowd. But pretty sweet in Philly too.

HawgWild

Not a big fan of Romo's but he made that look easy.

HawgWild

Seemed like they would have put Romo in for another series or two especially after the kind of day Sanchez was having.

Dr. Starcs

Have no problem with it. He's healthy. Looked good. Will be ready for the playoffs and will potentially bring more in a trade in the offseason if it comes to that.

DeltaBoy

He Retired and going to CBS as a Sportscaster !!!  Smart man