Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We become fans of schools in our early years

Started by MeSoHoggy_65, February 04, 2012, 11:35:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MeSoHoggy_65

I have been spouting this theory to anyone that would listen for awhile. It's time to share with the mighty hogville grinder and see where I'm wrong.

Most young boys develop the teams they like and respect before their 10 years old, much younger if from a pasionate family like mine. These kids that we're recruiting are 16 - 17 years old. We weren't very good when a lot of these kids became aware that they may have a future in football and started daydreaming about who they wanted to play for.

Most teams recruit well in their home state and we're no exception. I think we can all agree that Arkansas is not a hot bed of recruiting so we have to recruit regionally and then nationally.

We also have to find kids that are not going with their home school or are not being recruited by them. That is a small group of kids. Here's how I see it

Home School First: most kids

Nationally Known School second: a lot of kids

Open to teams with recent success and can get them in the NFL: smaller group (where we have to make hay right now)

Open to slick recruiters: (this ones for you Auburn)

The kids that are in those young years right now are going to be the kids we can recruit in a couple of years. If we keep having national success the group of kids we'll be able to get is going to go up drastically. We just need to keep plugging away and get the most out of the kids we're getting now and that time will come.