Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossbow broadheads

Started by root_hawg, June 09, 2016, 08:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Shoulder has continued to worsen and will be switching to a crossbow, any suggestions for broadheads?  Preferred mechanical when I shot my Hoyt but wasn't sure on crossbows

SultanofSwine

I am a big fan of nap heads and would think the crossbow spitfire would be more than adequate.

lahawg1

I prefer 3 blade Magnus Snuffers to anything I've ever shot, mechanical or fixed. Tough, cuts from contact, super easy to sharpen, and fly true with very little tuning. I know they have been around for 30 years but they work.

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/categories/Snuffer-SS/

FORTVEGAS

I'm a big fan of Slick Trick broadheads.

zane

RIP LSUfan

mountainhog

Quote from: root_hawg on June 09, 2016, 08:05:23 pm
Shoulder has continued to worsen and will be switching to a crossbow, any suggestions for broadheads?  Preferred mechanical when I shot my Hoyt but wasn't sure on crossbows

Having the same problem with shoulder, is it your rotator cuff or have you seen a dr.?   Ive got an appt. Next week.

The OTR

root_hawg

Rotator cuff, had the 2nd surgery on it but still difficult to hold a bow back

Albert Einswine

I thought I was having rotator cuff problems for 2 or 3 years. Couldn't raise my right arm above horizontal and both shoulders would wake me up several times a night with severe pain. I was in pain all the time with no relief. Then in the first half of 2015 my health went into the crapper on account of severe spinal cord compression at the C3-4 level in my neck. Had a discectomy and fusion on August 11, 2015 with a titanium plate installation and the shoulder problems were gone from the moment I woke up from anesthesia. No problems since. It was my neck the whole time.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker