Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach 2018

Started by LZH, November 10, 2017, 02:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 10, 2017, 04:31:02 pm

Have heard the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Gus will come back at this point. I've heard he would but we shall see.

Have heard the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Gus will come back at this point. I've heard he would but we shall see.

Gus wants to to come home. His wife wants to be close to her family and that'll play a part. If he's offered. He's our coach. It's that simple.

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 10, 2017, 06:42:16 pm
Gus wants to to come home. His wife wants to be close to her family and that'll play a part. If he's offered. He's our coach. It's that simple.

This... Gus is the front-runner!

Piggie

I want Gus, but Norvell is my 2nd choice. This is good news to me.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ipigsooie

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 10, 2017, 06:42:16 pm

Are we paying his buyout? How much is it?

TX HOG

In the midst of a top 10 season playing Georgia. 'News' comes out that Gus and his wife want to come home/close to family? Idk

hog_fan

I think Long being here plays a part even if it's true he won't have a say in the new coach. The day BB is offically gone will be a happy day for me. And a chance to look forward to next season.

ipigsooie

Cheer hard for auburn tomorrow if you don't want gus. No way they let him just walk away for free if they win one of the games against either uga or bama.

Hawginj

jgcat4

Norvell or Campbell...

I really love it when one of you guys posts something I want to read and believe. It makes my day better. I can go to work tomorrow knowing that Hogville's finest has all but guaranteed me Norvell or Campbell. Dilly, dilly
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

porkrindjimmy

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TX HOG on November 10, 2017, 07:13:16 pm
In the midst of a top 10 season playing Georgia. 'News' comes out that Gus and his wife want to come home/close to family? Idk

He would have come in 2013 if he had been offered. Jeff wasn't going to hire anyone with Arkansas Ties....call it the purge. Same reason he didn't hire Tim Horton as interim coach...got to consolidate power....

Gus has some guys up there in his corner. The anti Gus crowd isnt putting up much of a whimper this time. This is Gus's dream gig....he would jump all over it if he was offered the job.

I just don't want him.

PRJ

TX HOG

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 11:04:02 pm
He would have come in 2013 if he had been offered. Jeff wasn't going to hire anyone with Arkansas Ties....call it the purge. Same reason he didn't hire Tim Horton as interim coach...got to consolidate power....

Gus has some guys up there in his corner. The anti Gus crowd isnt putting up much of a whimper this time. This is Gus's dream gig....he would jump all over it if he was offered the job.

I just don't want him.

PRJ

Neither do I

Matt Burks

I just don't want him.

PRJ
I wish us fans had a way to get our message out that Gus is not our choice, for all the reasons reported time and time again on this message board.

southeasthog

I just don't want him.

PRJ

I don't want him either but if he is hired, i will give him a chance and root for him and his team. That how it was with Beliema. I didn't care for the hire but I gave him a chance, thought it might work and even defended him some. He now has to go. The problem with this site is that if certain posters choice ain't hired, they will whine, complain and nitpick every little thing they can like spoiled children. It makes the site almost unreadable at times.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

cc

Quote from: southeasthog on November 11, 2017, 05:11:28 am
I don't want him either but if he is hired, i will give him a chance and root for him and his team. That how it was with Beliema. I didn't care for the hire but I gave him a chance, thought it might work and even defended him some. He now has to go. The problem with this site is that if certain posters choice ain't hired, they will whine, complain and nitpick every little thing they can like spoiled children. It makes the site almost unreadable at times.

Pretty much true for me as well.  I thought he was a good hire at the time, and resume suggested so.  Just hasn't worked.  Lots of what look like good choices.  Somebody will start building into something solid that most will get behind.  I'll support the coach whoever it may be. 

jjfmetal11

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 10, 2017, 11:00:01 pm
Mike Norvell.....

PRJ
I'm cool with that.    Its gonna be an entertaining couple of weeks!