Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travis Etienne, Jr.

Started by Sow’sEar, August 02, 2016, 09:03:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow’sEar

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/running-back-decommits-texas/

According to this article he's interested in visiting Arkansas since his decision to decommit from Texas A&M.

Seebs

Good catch. I see one of Arkansas' finest had commented - ugh.  I would think we are full at RB.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

LJHOG

I like the way he cuts it up on the sweep and then accelerates. 

AugustaHog

Depending on how many we are taking this class, maybe we are interested?  I would think 2 would do it.  Maybe the staff feels there's a need for 3 though.

longpig

Quote from: Seebs on August 02, 2016, 09:17:19 am
Good catch. I see one of Arkansas' finest had commented - ugh.  I would think we are full at RB.

When I get caught up around the house, going to gain access to each SEC team's top fan board and do a stupidity ranking. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

jackflash

I have nothing against this guy. But for me I am hoping for a bigtime LB committ

King Kong

Quote from: jackflash on August 02, 2016, 10:44:33 am
I have nothing against this guy. But for me I am hoping for a bigtime LB committ

Get of topic much?

WooPig90

Dont think we take another RB..Bama bound

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: King Kong on August 02, 2016, 12:10:44 pm
Get of topic much?

It's not off topic. While acknowledging that Etienne is a fine player who might fit our system well, he would prefer we use what precious few remaining spots we have left on a position that has a more pressing need for bigtime talent

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 02, 2016, 01:19:56 pm
It's not off topic. While acknowledging that Etienne is a fine player who might fit our system well, he would prefer we use what precious few remaining spots we have left on a position that has a more pressing need for bigtime talent
I tend to agree, but it's tough to turn a kid with that kind of talent away. I'll be interested to see how the staff handles it. To your first post- If it's a choice between a stud RB and a stud LB for this class, I'm with you; give me the LB!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

King Kong

No it's off topic. His want for a Big time linebacker is not mutually exclusive to Etiennes interest with 6 to 8 spots left

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: King Kong on August 02, 2016, 02:51:59 pm
No it's not off topic. His want for a Big time linebacker is not mutually exclusive to Etiennes interest with 6 to 8 spots left
FIFY
   -Harry Solomon

LJHOG

From the film I think it would be a mistake to pass on this guy, if he wants to be here.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 02, 2016, 03:17:17 pm
FIFY

No I agree it is off topic. If it was a conversation about taking a 3 RB it would be on topic. But if this staff can land a big time LB they will take without or without Etienne

Boarcephus

Agree with you.   Off topic to me is throwing in a do you like Gulf Shores or Destin for vacation plug in this topic.  We have just a few spots left so discussing how to use those is all on topic no matter where they pop up, unless it's  on the vacation page. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Biggus Piggus

It is off topic. A bigtime LB won't take up eight spots, just one. Nor will a bigtime RB.
[CENSORED]!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 02, 2016, 07:51:38 pm
It is off topic. A bigtime LB won't take up eight spots, just one. Nor will a bigtime RB.

Its not off topic. While no player, regardless of position, will take up the final 7-8 spots (where in the heck did you even come up with that?), expressing that you would prefer we fill the remaining spots with postions of need rather than another rb is not off topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 02, 2016, 08:14:06 pm
Its not off topic. While no player, regardless of position, will take up the final 7-8 spots (where in the heck did you even come up with that?), expressing that you would prefer we fill the remaining spots with postions of need rather than another rb is not off topic

The original statement was about a single Big time LB.

Taking another RB if that's what the coaches choose will not prevent them from taking a Big Time LB. These 2 things are not related as they can both still happen.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 02, 2016, 08:49:32 pm
The original statement was about a single Big time LB.

Taking another RB if that's what the coaches choose will not prevent them from taking a Big Time LB. These 2 things are not related as they can both still happen.

I think you're taking his comment too literally. I took it as more of a general statement regarding how he feels the class should be filled. More of a need at, say, LB.  reasonable post

lumphog

WELL............IT'S OFF TOPIC NOW!!!!!

tusksincolorado

August 02, 2016, 10:37:48 pm #20 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:34:28 am by tusksincolorado
Kind of refreshing that we are fussing over the possible commitment of a star RB, or a stud LB....sure is different from the Nuttless days!

GO HAWGS!!!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

RedyorNot

Lord, a couple of you need to take a bag of cotton balls into a closet and throw them at each other until you're tired.

Sow Lancelot

So, is the off-topic argument on-topic?😳
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 02, 2016, 09:44:28 pm
I think you're taking his comment too literally. I took it as more of a general statement regarding how he feels the class should be filled. More of a need at, say, LB.  reasonable post

Reasonable post......in a LB thread or thread about what we need for the final spots

theFlyingHog

So what's the latest on Etienne? Did we confuse him so much he committed to be a shift lead at Denny's?

HardingHog

ARtillahog

Seebs

If we are not in his top 5 can we still get another LB in this class or will we hold the spot forever for Etienne in hopes he is a silent commit.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Seebs on August 03, 2016, 12:21:11 pm
If we are not in his top 5 can we still get another LB in this class or will we hold the spot forever for Etienne in hopes he is a silent commit.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 02, 2016, 07:51:38 pm

We have an official ruling from The Hogville Parliamentarian.  Do we have a Motion to Suspend the Rules?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawgmasta

If you think the guy is better than somebody else; you take him. No matter what. We're in the SEC West, if we had three RB's committed but a guy who may be the best wants to commit you let him.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 03, 2016, 07:05:56 pm
We have an official ruling from The Hogville Parliamentarian.  Do we have a Motion to Suspend the Rules?
Second, but only in principle. No way this get's a 2/3 majority.
   -Harry Solomon

tophawg19

look at the RB roster . KW  has a history of injuries , RW3 is coming off a serious injury , Juan day has had injury  issues , Evans has transferred , DW is a true freshmen as is T.J . LOOK at last year , J Will went down. , RW3 WAS INJURED , KW missed time , A/C had to play hurt a good bit of the time . if you can get bigtime RB's you take them for this offense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Boot_stops_here

We have too many needs to take 3 rb's in this (or likely any) class

WildRazorback

We are in his top 5, by the way.

ricepig

Quote from: WildRazorback on August 05, 2016, 07:10:42 pm
We are in his top 5, by the way.

RD says we are done, but one never knows.

The_Boot_stops_here

TNhawgfan

Can someone who has taken the time to sign up for wholehogsports give us a jist of what RDs update says?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: TNhawgfan on August 05, 2016, 08:37:07 pm
Can someone who has taken the time to sign up for wholehogsports give us a jist of what RDs update says?

Basically, the staff is happy with Williams and Hayden and will not be taking any more RB's

navyhog24

They might still recruit him as an athlete if he is open to that

War Boar

Quote from: RedyorNot on August 02, 2016, 11:57:06 pm
Lord, a couple of you need to take a bag of cotton balls into a closet and throw them at each other until you're tired.

This is the best. Would you mind if I put this quote in my signature box?

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 05, 2016, 09:02:07 am
We have too many needs to take 3 rb's in this (or likely any) class

If Etienne wants to be a razorback we'd be absolutely stupid not to take him and I don't buy that we wouldn't take him. He comes if he wants to.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Scott7703 on August 06, 2016, 05:18:54 pm
If Etienne wants to be a razorback we'd be absolutely stupid not to take him and I don't buy that we wouldn't take him. He comes if he wants to.

Well, I mean, it's your opinion that would be stupid not to take him (and I'm certainly all for opinions on HV) but to say he has a spot if he wants it is something you don't know. RD has sources that say otherwise apparently. And again, IMO, you don't take 3 rb's in this class. Too many other places we need quality depth

tophawg19

has Saban taught y'all nothing ? you never leave a potential star on the table to come back and kill you.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Scott7703

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 06, 2016, 06:49:31 pm
has Saban taught y'all nothing ? you never leave a potential star on the table to come back and kill you.

Exactly, and it isn't like we are loaded at rb anyway. He's a high quality player that you don't turn down

The_Boot_stops_here

Bama had elite talent everywhere. We don't. We can't afford to take 3 rb's in this class. My opinion of course

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 07, 2016, 04:07:15 pm
Bama had elite talent everywhere. We don't. We can't afford to take 3 rb's in this class. My opinion of course

Keep in mind, DW could be the only RB in the previous class.  Why am I drawing a blank on the RB/ER/athlete Arkansas kid (shoot me).  So taking 3 is not completely out of the realm.

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2016, 04:19:08 pm
Keep in mind, DW could be the only RB in the previous class.  Why am I drawing a blank on the RB/ER/athlete Arkansas kid (shoot me).  So taking 3 is not completely out of the realm.

TJ Hammonds