Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC after Week 1

Started by Razorfox, September 03, 2011, 10:42:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

My take:

1) LSU - They dominated Oregon; looked much better without their "normal" starting QB.
2) Bama/Ark - Both have great D, both have some questions on O.
4) MS State - Dominated Memphis.
5) Florida - Hard to tell much, but seemed to look good.
6) SC - What a terrible start they had.
7) Tennessee - Dominated a helpless Montana team, so we don't know much about them.
8) Vandy/Georgia/Ole Miss/Auburn/Kentucky - All have serious issues and it's hard to tell who sucks the most. 

BamaFreak

Quote from: Razorfox on September 03, 2011, 10:42:52 pm
My take:

1) LSU - They dominated Oregon; looked much better without their "normal" starting QB.
7) Tennessee - Dominated a helpless Montana team, so we don't know much about them.
8) Vandy/Georgia/Ole Miss/Auburn/Kentucky - All have serious issues and it's hard to tell who sucks the most. 

Auburn.

Hog1751

After today I think LSU will be a tougher game than Alabama, and not just based on who they played. Oregon looked overmatched. They couldn't handle Auburn's d-line last year and they had an even harder time with LSU's. If that's the Pac 12's best team then OU will rule that conference for decades.

donbro

Quote from: Hog1751 on September 03, 2011, 10:46:17 pm
After today I think LSU will be a tougher game than Alabama, and not just based on who they played. Oregon looked overmatched. They couldn't handle Auburn's d-line last year and they had an even harder time with LSU's. If that's the Pac 12's best team then OU will rule that conference for decades.
USC is turning over in their grave

TDHog

How much of the full offense do you think Hogs or Bama showed?  I think both will be fine.

Three SEC teams played opposition that wasn't rent a win caliber.  OM got beat, Geo got beat and LSU won.  Ore is dressed prety and are a decent team but would not win either division of the SEC much less the conference.  BYU would have a hard time in the SEC but did beat a team with more talented players.  Except for the special needs folks amoung us, everyone else understands that Nutt is a horrible game coach to go along with an underaverage coach at everything else he does.  Geo is strange.  Used to be a feared team.  Don't know what is wrong.  One thing is Boise is a very good, well coached team that us SEC folks refuse to give the credit due.  Considering where they come from to where they have reached, they are really pretty good.  Boise could go 4-4 in the SEC if they didn't draw all the best teams in a given year.  For every other team in conference I really didn't see enough competition to decide how good or how bad they are and that includes our Hogs. 

BurleyHog

Quote from: Razorfox on September 03, 2011, 10:42:52 pm
My take:

I know it is just the first game, but by no means is our defense great right now.  We have alot of improvements to make.  The D line was not near as good as people were making them out to be right now.