Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major target to visit Hogs Friday

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 11, 2015, 12:07:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

Dont know if there is any chance he commits but if he would, that would be a great start towards easing the tension over pur rb recruiting

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 11, 2015, 06:10:37 am
Dont know if there is any chance he commits but if he would, that would be a great start towards easing the tension over pur rb recruiting

We need to get him to commit right meow!

RazorWhacker

LOL. Easing the tension.

if you're tense about recruiting in June, you should consider laying off of caffeine.

RazorWhacker

navyhog24

I wouldn't get your opes up on him committing during or right after the visit.

The_Boot_stops_here

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 11, 2015, 07:14:05 am
LOL. Easing the tension.

if you're tense about recruiting in June, you should consider laying off of caffeine.

Guess you don't read the recuiting board much.

Wildhog

Would be amazing if we could get him.  At the moment he's considered a pretty hard TAMU lean.

It would speak volumes of Singleton if he's able to pry Pennamon away from A&M.  He can do something that Thomas never could.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 08:40:37 am
Would be amazing if we could get him.  At the moment he's considered a pretty hard TAMU lean.

It would speak volumes of Singleton if he's able to pry Pennamon away from A&M.  He can do something that Thomas never could.

Yeah, if he gets just one RB out of TX that would be on par with Thomas.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 08:40:37 am

Pretty much this.

Wildhog

Quote from: ARtillahog on June 11, 2015, 09:03:22 am
Yeah, if he gets just one RB out of TX that would be on par with Thomas.

Well, I was talking about getting a RB out of TX that other major TX schools wanted. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

prattville pig

Getting this cat to commit would make a lot of people pur and meow.
Life's too short to last long.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 09:22:46 am
Well, I was talking about getting a RB out of TX that other major TX schools wanted.

Shots fired,

but agreed.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 09:55:24 am
You mean like JWill?
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Williams-120250

Art Briles wanted him.  :)

Also, I was clearly talking about players recruited by Joel Thomas (my favorite bestest recruiter ever).
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 09:56:49 am

Also, I was clearly talking about players recruited by Joel Thomas (my favorite bestest recruiter ever).

So, don't you think Bielema has the final say on all recruits? We took his commitment pretty early for us, I don't think it's a bust, or a down grade. Now, we needed another one, but it wasn't mandatory, like a minimum of 2, this year.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:03:29 am
So, don't you think Bielema has the final say on all recruits? We took his commitment pretty early for us, I don't think it's a bust, or a down grade. Now, we needed another one, but it wasn't mandatory, like a minimum of 2, this year.

What the hell are you talking about?
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:03:29 am

JWill was a Hog commit before Bielema. Also, I'm not sure that its ever technically mandatory to sign a certain number of rb's or any other position for that matter.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 10:07:13 am

RWIII, the only guy Thomas recruited. He flipped to us in June, I think.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 11, 2015, 10:20:56 am
JWill was a Hog commit before Bielema. Also, I'm not sure that its ever technically mandatory to sign a certain number of rb's or any other position for that matter.

We were discussing Thomas's one recruit.

Hey Super

9.93 split in the 4x1?? Thats insane!!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 11, 2015, 10:20:56 am

So, if you don't have any QB's on your roster for the next year, you don't think it would be mandatory to sign one?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:29:49 am
We were discussing Thomas's one recruit.

maybe you were.  no one else knew what you were talking about

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:31:44 am
So, if you don't have any QB's on your roster for the next year, you don't think it would be mandatory to sign one?

It was sarcasm but since you asked, no, it is literally never mandatory to sign any player.  Recommended? Yep.  Mandatory, no.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 09:22:46 am

You mean like this?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 10:41:16 am
Did you drop acid?  What like what??

Dude, you were talking about RWIII, and his recruit. I said that Bielema has the final say on recruits, and we took his commitment in June, while we were still on other fish. So, obviously, they liked him. I only brought up JWill to disprove your point on RB's that the "other" schools in Texas didn't recruit.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:45:32 am
Dude, you were talking about RWIII, and his recruit. I said that Bielema has the final say on recruits, and we took his commitment in June, while we were still on other fish. So, obviously, they liked him. I only brought up JWill to disprove your point on RB's that the "other" schools in Texas didn't recruit.

I simply said that JT never signed a recruit that had other major TX school offers.  Getting Pennamon would be a very nice change and a testament to Jemal Singleton.  But I understand that some people just have to find a reason to be offended.

And I consider a big TX school offer to be: Texas, TAMU, Baylor, TCU, and TTU.  The Power 5 schools.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

This thread made my brain start glitching. Must puff...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 10:58:30 am
I simply said that JT never signed a recruit that had other major TX school offers.  Getting Pennamon would be a very nice change and a testament to Jemal Singleton.  But I understand that some people just have to find a reason to be offended.

And I consider a big TX school offer to be: Texas, TAMU, Baylor, TCU, and TTU.  The Power 5 schools.

I'm not offended at all, I also would probably put a Baylor 2012 offer and an OSU/Ole Miss offer on the same level. I agree, Thomas didn't sign near enough guys at all, but I think it's too early to determine RWIII's talent.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 11, 2015, 11:08:04 am
This thread made my brain start glitching. Must puff...

I made a few posts in the other thread about improving rb recruiting a few days ago, and it had a snowball effect that now the recruiting section is broken.

At least it's interesting now.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 11, 2015, 11:14:44 am
I made a few posts in the other thread about improving rb recruiting a few days ago, and it had a snowball effect that now the recruiting section is broken.

We all agree we need to sign some RB's this year, no debate there.

Pig in the Pokey

well, no doubt we better land pennamon, white, or whaley. Of course half of Hogville wil melt if we land all 3 because then we'd never offer crockett
lol.
@Slackaveli

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 11, 2015, 11:19:13 am
well, no doubt we better land pennamon, white, or whaley. Of course half of Hogville wil melt if we land all 3 because then we'd never offer crockett
lol.

I just hope we land one of them. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 11, 2015, 11:19:13 am
lol.

Even tho I've admittingly become a Crockett homer, if the stars aligned and we get all 3 of the others, I wouldn't be too upset lol.

We have to get at least 1 tho.   

MuskogeeHogFan

No, you got a thread locked.
Go Hogs Go!

PaintballHog

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 10:07:13 am

have to admit, this was hilarious.  was my exact thought reading it.

no offense ricepig, think you just had a little trouble wording it all.  happens to the best of us

ricepig

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 11, 2015, 12:51:03 pm
have to admit, this was hilarious.  was my exact thought reading it.

no offense ricepig, think you just had a little trouble wording it all.  happens to the best of us

I can't help it y'all can't follow along with my thinking, you need to step up your game! It's too much trouble to type it all out, but I will next time for the slow ones, lol.

Demi

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 11, 2015, 11:28:29 am
Even tho I've admittingly become a Crockett homer, if the stars aligned and we get all 3 of the others, I wouldn't be too upset lol.

We have to get at least 1 tho.
i really want Devin White. After that, any 1 (or two!!) of those other three guys, Crockett included, would be an amazing haul. But a haul we must get.
@Slackaveli

Huds_HawgTide

White is number 1 for me, then whaley, i like crockett and Pennamon bout the same...

we could do alot worse even if all we got was crockett and floyd...even though cleo is trying to get a spot as a safety at ark
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

870hogfan

PaintballHog

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 11, 2015, 06:50:21 pm
This thread went to crap fast...

U srs? This thread and the last one that got locked actually started having good discussions about rb recruiting. Why is anything other than sunshine pumping strictly looked down upon in this section?

So odd.

The_Boot_stops_here

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2015, 10:45:32 am

No one was downplaying Rw3 or jwill's talent, they were downplaying Joel Thomas' recruiting because he never won a recruiting battle with a Texas school for a Texas rb.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Wildhog on June 11, 2015, 09:56:49 am

Baylor runs the ball?