Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marco Wilson video: Catching a pass while doing a backflip

Started by HamIAm, May 26, 2015, 01:55:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

I have no idea what type player he is.  I just thought this was an interesting video.  The article does say he has a letter from Arkansas. 

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/5/26/8660995/story-behind-marco-wilsons-viral-backflip-catch-video

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

luke hawg

The backflip is impressive but the gloves get all the recognition for the snag. It is my opinion that the 1 hand snag should be ineligible for the SC top 10 from hence forth. It's just too easy.

HogInFlorida

I could do a backflip on command when I was in HS playing sports. I also have big hands and can pretty easily catch a football one handed, ESPECIALLY with gloves, which give me magical powers in my intramural flag football games. I'm pretty sure with several attempts after nailing the timing, I could get a video of me catching a ball like this. Not trying to sell this kid short or boost him up, either way. Just saying I could probably do the same thing in my prime and I was absolutely nowhere near the same realm of athleticism or skill as any SEC WR or DB. It's not that special and shows nothing about how he is as a football player.

Thanks to Stedman Bailey of the Rams though for every athletic WR or RB prospect showing us videos of them doing this.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol... very impressive, but something of a waste of practice time. Doubt he ever tries catching one like that in a SEC game.  I certainly don't believe coach Enos has that..."Hot Dog"....catch/route, in his playbook. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on May 27, 2015, 01:25:45 am
Lol... very impressive, but something of a waste of practice time. Doubt he ever tries catching one like that in a SEC game.  I certainly don't believe coach Enos has that..."Hot Dog"....catch/route, in his playbook. 

Exactly.  But I was thinking that all the time it took this kid to practice this thing, then get it on video, would have probably been much better spent studying for his finals!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

incHOGnito

Damn there are some haters in this thread. He spent an afternoon during his youth playing outside. He could have been in front of an Xbox. Would that make you feel better about yourselves?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: incHOGnito on May 27, 2015, 10:06:12 am
Damn there are some haters in this thread. He spent an afternoon during his youth playing outside. He could have been in front of an Xbox. Would that make you feel better about yourselves?

That's the only other activity he could have been involved in, rather than spending time and energy in an attempt to bring attention to himself??

There are hundreds of other activities he could have been doing that would have contributed something better into HIS life than feeding his ego.

Razorpigg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 27, 2015, 11:22:06 am
That's the only other activity he could have been involved in, rather than spending time and energy in an attempt to bring attention to himself??

There are hundreds of other activities he could have been doing that would have contributed something better into HIS life than feeding his ego.

Good Lord dude.... Bad day?

PorkSoda

Quote from: incHOGnito on May 27, 2015, 10:06:12 am
Damn there are some haters in this thread.
no doubt.  some people cant just accept it for what it is. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ZERO

If I could catch a ball one handed followed by a back-flip, while I was trying to attract attention of good scholarship offers, I'd probably do the same thing.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

incHOGnito

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 27, 2015, 11:22:06 am

You're right. He could have been selling drugs, getting a girl pregnant, holding up a convenience store, smoking weed. Lots of stuff he could have been doing. As a father, doing backflips while catching a football beats the hell out of the scary darn.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ZERO on May 27, 2015, 06:40:23 pm
If I could catch a ball one handed followed by a back-flip, while I was trying to attract attention of good scholarship offers, I'd probably do the same thing.
We are looking at him. It could work I guess. He is a 4*. He is also very athletic  and has been doing parkour and free-running videos since he was 12 years old.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: incHOGnito on May 27, 2015, 08:29:58 pm
You're right. He could have been selling drugs, getting a girl pregnant, holding up a convenience store, smoking weed. Lots of stuff he could have been doing. As a father, doing backflips while catching a football beats the hell out of the scary darn.

Good point there, sir.  +1  Good perspective.

Still, perhaps it's my solid status as a senior citizen, not sure, but I know I am averse to what has become a standard of life for this generation, to make it a priority in their life to bring attention to their own selves, to feed their ego.

It's the Lebron syndrome -- his taking the powder and throwing it in the air -- nothing but going out of his way to gain attention.  Aren't his God given basketball skills enough to do that?

Humbleness is a good thing, a Godly thing.

jry04

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 08:23:52 am

Still, perhaps it's my solid status as a senior citizen, not sure, but I know I am averse to what has become a standard of life for this generation, to make it a priority in their life to bring attention to their own selves, to feed their ego.

It's the Lebron syndrome -- his taking the powder and throwing it in the air -- nothing but going out of his way to gain attention.  Aren't his God given basketball skills enough to do that?

You have a lot of issues. You must be miserable.

nationwish

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 08:23:52 am

I'm not sure there has ever been an athlete who is so clearly the best in his sport be as humble as LeBron. It certainly wasn't the case with Jordan. It isn't the case with A-Rod or anyone in baseball. Tiger doesn't compare. Babe Ruth? Ali? Duke lacrosse? I usually root against his teams, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that is THE star of their sport show the class and humility that James shows on a daily basis. For anyone to criticize him for those aspects either doesn't actually follow sports or has other motivations.

Flatline

HE IS VERY ATHLETIC and comes from a football family.  We should be recruiting him so I glad we have made contact.

It is impressive and no differt than when I was young and trying to make the crazy basketball shots that Jordan use to do.

wholehog92

He wasn't doing it during football practice.  The article says they did this at the gym he does gymnastics at.  His parkour video is pretty cool.  The jump over the car using his arms twice is pretty dang impressive. 

I'm quite the opposite of thinking the time preparing could be better spent.  I think athletes who work in multiple sports bring something to the table that the today's hyperfocused one sport athletes miss.  This kid spends time doing gymnastics and learning to fall.  I'm thinking his body control on difficult catches might be impressive.  It's not like it took the kid focusing on this stunt for days to get the video.  It took him 4 tries according to the article.  The prep time for this was all of the aforementioned gymnastics.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: wholehog92 on May 28, 2015, 09:43:26 am
He wasn't doing it during football practice.  The article says they did this at the gym he does gymnastics at.  His parkour video is pretty cool.  The jump over the car using his arms twice is pretty dang impressive. 

I'm quite the opposite of thinking the time preparing could be better spent.  I think athletes who work in multiple sports bring something to the table that the today's hyperfocused one sport athletes miss.  This kid spends time doing gymnastics and learning to fall.  I'm thinking his body control on difficult catches might be impressive.  It's not like it took the kid focusing on this stunt for days to get the video.  It took him 4 tries according to the article.  The prep time for this was all of the aforementioned gymnastics.
couldn't have said it better.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: nationwish on May 28, 2015, 08:52:50 am
I'm not sure there has ever been an athlete who is so clearly the best in his sport be as humble as LeBron.

You have been deceived, for he has false humility only.  He is a closely manged PR machine.  Every thing he ever does is put forward to portray him as humble, but he is on the list of all-time egos in sports.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on May 28, 2015, 08:32:14 am
You have a lot of issues. You must be miserable.

Nope.  Quite the opposite!  I have joy overflowing!  (Truth, no joking or sarcasm there.)

jry04

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 10:09:24 am
Nope.  Quite the opposite!  I have joy overflowing!  (Truth, no joking or sarcasm there.)
I hope that is the truth, but it is hard to believe.

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 28, 2015, 10:08:23 am
You have been deceived, for he has false humility only.  He is a closely manged PR machine.  Every thing he ever does is put forward to portray him as humble, but he is on the list of all-time egos in sports.
Man, you just have it all figured out. Everyone is wrong, and you are right. Everyone else has a "me first" attitude when they do something good. We get it.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on May 28, 2015, 12:04:23 pm
I hope that is the truth, but it is hard to believe.

Yeah, I get that, but that's ok.  It's the truth.

Quote from: jry04 on May 28, 2015, 12:04:23 pm
Man, you just have it all figured out. Everyone is wrong, and you are right. Everyone else has a "me first" attitude when they do something good. We get it.

Don't put words in my mouth, sir.  I see the truth, that's all.  Not everyone sees it about LeBron.  But I am not conformed to how the world sees things.

And, sure, there's more self-seeking than just in LeBron James.  It's the way of the world.  I don't have to like it, value it, or appreciate it though.

Jamie Jones

My 9th grade son on Tuesday at offseason workouts completed a standing backflip while making a catch. Granted it was with both hands and not while running, but still pretty incredible.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

lefty08

Isn't the whole recruiting culture about getting your product out there? It doesn't mean the kid is an attention whore or anything else. I don't blame the kid for trying new things to get his name out there and I hope it pays off.

P.s. to the guy who said it wasn't a big deal and he used to be able to do that..........LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jamie Jones on May 28, 2015, 04:45:10 pm
My 9th grade son on Tuesday at offseason workouts completed a standing backflip while making a catch. Granted it was with both hands and not while running, but still pretty incredible.
nice! no vid?

rwspear

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jbcarol

Marco Wilson doubles down on feelings about shoe incident against LSU

QuoteMarco Wilson remains steadfast in how he handled the shoe incident against LSU, which ultimately ended with Cade York hitting a 57-yard field goal on the drive before LSU won 37-34 on a foggy night in The Swamp.

But many people remember Wilson's shoe toss, which drew a flag and helped LSU gain field position. Wilson was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after a 3rd down stop, which gave LSU an automatic first down.

"100%," he said. "I'd probably throw it further."

The incident overshadowed a solid career with the Gators. Wilson started all but one of the 36 games he played in for the Gators and was part of 3 straight bowl teams – 2018 Peach Bowl, 2019 Orange Bowl and 2020 Cotton Bowl – i
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net