Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Hoops recruits

Started by redleg, May 22, 2015, 11:57:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

With Ted kapita and Jimmy Whitt as the only basketball signees for the 2015 class, and the fact that Arkansas still has 2 open scholarships, And that the Hogs do NOT have a reliable swing man with some height to shoot outside, will CMA try to sign any other recruits in this class, or will he just ride with what he currently has?  ???
With 5 seniors on next year's team, that would give Anderson 7 scholies to offer potential players for the 2016 class.

:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

basketball recruiting forum
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

mhuff

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 22, 2015, 02:31:55 pm
basketball recruiting forum

Seems like a BB recruiting question to me. I agree and have been saying all year that we would need a scoring SF..... Looks like we were really on the ball. I will say this about MA. I think he may have the best recruiting class in 2016 ever..... Seven players are too many at one time..... Perhaps if we get some jucos and one and dones or two year players , it will level out.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pig in the Pokey

6, eh/ Easy. Monk, Ferguson, Cook, Davis, azubuike, and adrize adebeyo or Jayson Tatum. That's a wrap. Do it , Mike.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

mhuff

May 25, 2015, 05:29:55 pm #5 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:55:32 pm by mhuff
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 25, 2015, 12:05:02 pm
6, eh/ Easy. Monk, Ferguson, Cook, Davis, azubuike, and adrize adebeyo or Jayson Tatum. That's a wrap. Do it , Mike.

Like your attitude. Man wouldn't it be fabulous to have an exceptional haul. Believe half of those would be great. If Monk would commit early, I think some big time players would jump onboard.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: mhuff on May 25, 2015, 05:29:55 pm
Like your attitude. Man wouldn't it be fabulous to have an exceptional haul. Believe half of those would be great. If Monk would commit early, I think some big time players would jump on board.
Month

Year
would be ridonkulous haul
@Slackaveli

WorfHog

Quote from: mhuff on May 25, 2015, 05:29:55 pm
Like your attitude. Man wouldn't it be fabulous to have an exceptional haul. Believe half of those would be great. If Monk would commit early, I think some big time players would jump on board.
Month

Year

Sadly I don't think Monk's going to commit early, even if he doesn't come here.

Hudson

Why do you feel like MA can close the deal on any of these kids? He's known for months he had two starting spots open on a good team and he hasn't closed any! We don't have a closer on this staff!! We lost good talent to programs on a lower scale than us!  Not looking good to me!

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

sickboy

Quote from: Hudson on May 28, 2015, 10:30:27 pm
Why do you feel like MA can close the deal on any of these kids? He's known for months he had two starting spots open on a good team and he hasn't closed any! We don't have a closer on this staff!! We lost good talent to programs on a lower scale than us!  Not looking good to me!

Wait... Who closed Kapita and Whitt? Santa Claus?

WildRazorback

Quote from: sickboy on May 29, 2015, 12:12:19 am

Actually, Santa wasn't their lead recruiter. I'm pretty sure it was the Easter Bunny that closed the deal. He had them hopping about the future of our program.

UNCLE BACK

Moses Kingsley and Ted Kapita. To me, we need guys who have been playing basketball more than a few years. Mike and his staff are not likely to develop their raw talent. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to be their strong suit...

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 29, 2015, 09:34:51 am
Moses Kingsley and Ted Kapita. To me, we need guys who have been playing basketball more than a few years. Mike and his staff are not likely to develop their raw talent. Hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to be their strong suit...

What about Qualls? Who developed his talent? We were his only offer and now he's headed to the NBA after three years.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on May 29, 2015, 09:51:58 am
What about Qualls? Who developed his talent? We were his only offer and now he's headed to the NBA after three years.

I don't believe that to be true, but I do agree with you that he came into his college career being described as "raw" or "undeveloped" and grew tremendously at Arkansas.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 29, 2015, 10:14:17 am
I don't believe that to be true, but I do agree with you that he came into his college career being described as "raw" or "undeveloped" and grew tremendously at Arkansas.

Unless scout was wrong, I don't see any other offers listed. La Tech was listed as having interest but no offer. ESPN had the same listed.

Edit - I looked up on rivals and he did have a handful of much smaller d1 offers, so scout's information is wrong

Hawg Red

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on May 29, 2015, 10:49:16 am
Unless scout, rivals, and 247 were wrong, I don't see any other offers listed. La Tech was listed as having interest but no offer.

Rivals has Arkansas as one of 8 offers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Michael-Qualls-103389

Verbal Commits shows offers.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/michael-qualls

247 Sports has 5 offers listed.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Qualls-15794?Institution=12052

Hawg Red

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on May 29, 2015, 10:49:16 am
Edit - I looked up on rivals and he did have a handful of much smaller d1 offers, so scout's information is wrong

We were definitely his only Power 5 offer, but Wichita State, Murray State, and Louisiana Tech have been very, very good mid-major programs the last 5 years.

Hog Fan from Camden

Same Mike haters in every thread!  Getting old!

farmhawg

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on May 29, 2015, 12:09:14 pm
wont change unfortunately.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Scott7703

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on May 29, 2015, 12:09:14 pm

I'm a mike Anderson supporter but don't understand why anyone who questions him is a hater? We had a great year and obviously Mike has the program going in the right direction. We are winning more games, staying out of trouble and doing well in the classroom. However, our recruiting this season has me somewhat concerned. Only adding two guys to this point and being what appears to be less than prepared for the departures of Portis and Qualls has me nervous about the upcoming season. I personally don't feel like a hater just because I question or have a concern about any coach.

Hogginout

Well I guess CMA will have to prove the doubters wrong.
Hogs 4 Life

lefty08

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 29, 2015, 09:23:45 pm
I'm a mike Anderson supporter but don't understand why anyone who questions him is a hater? We had a great year and obviously Mike has the program going in the right direction. We are winning more games, staying out of trouble and doing well in the classroom. However, our recruiting this season has me somewhat concerned. Only adding two guys to this point and being what appears to be less than prepared for the departures of Portis and Qualls has me nervous about the upcoming season. I personally don't feel like a hater just because I question or have a concern about any coach.

And the ones who support MA aren't Mike lovers.....blah blah blah

Just blow up jump ball and the basketball recruiting pages and open them back up in November please

Mods?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Kevin

It has become the chicken or the egg thing.

Is their a hater crowd because of the he can do no wrong crowd
Or
There is he can do no wrong crowd because of the hater crowd
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WorfHog

Quote from: Kevin on May 30, 2015, 05:55:23 am
It has become the chicken or the egg thing.

Is there a hater crowd because of the he can do no wrong crowd
Or
There is he can do no wrong crowd because of the hater crowd

The hater crowds been here since we hired Nolan.

mhuff

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 29, 2015, 09:23:45 pm

Anyone who loves the Hogs should have a concern when third tier schools beat us out on a regular basis. We definitely need a recruiter. If the trend does not change, it is definitely not going to be good after next year.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: mhuff on May 30, 2015, 12:33:24 pm
Anyone who loves the Hogs should have a concern when third tier schools beat us out on a regular basis. We definitely need a recruiter. If the trend does not change, it is definitely not going to be good after next year.

Can you guys give any examples of those third tier teams?

WBC Hog

Quote from: sickboy on May 29, 2015, 12:12:19 am

I wouldn't even credit CMA with the Whitt signing. Anderson and the Whitt family have been life-long family friends. I'd hope CMA could get a kid's signature in those circumstances!

I'm not a hater of CMA. I'm just worried about his recruiting. Yes, Qualls developed well. Name another solid player though. Yeah Anton Beard looked good last season but who else has developed well? 4+ years here at the U of A. We need better player development and better recruiting!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: WBC Hog on May 31, 2015, 05:34:23 am
I wouldn't even credit CMA with the Whitt signing. Anderson and the Whitt family have been life-long family friends. I'd hope CMA could get a kid's signature in those circumstances!

I'm not a hater of CMA. I'm just worried about his recruiting. Yes, Qualls developed well. Name another solid player though. Yeah Anton Beard looked good last season but who else has developed well? 4+ years here at the U of A. We need better player development and better recruiting!

Relationships in recruiting our always vital. As far as player development we have those who you previously mentioned and also Bobby Portis, Ky Madden, Manule Watkins, Jabril Durham(was solid by the end of the season), Jacorey Williams. You don't finish second without recruitment and player development.

King Kong

May 31, 2015, 08:20:54 am #29 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:08:40 pm by King Kong
Quote from: WBC Hog on May 31, 2015, 05:34:23 am

Ky Madden, Kim English, D Carroll are all players that have taken large jumps in there careers under MA.

And lol at not giving credit for landing Whitt for having a relationship, which every coach will say is the key to recruiting.

TomBigBeeHog

Why all the negativity on the recruiting page? Seems counterproductive.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: King Kong on May 31, 2015, 08:20:54 am
Ky Madden, Kim English, D Carrol are all players that have taken large jumps in there careers under MA.

And lol at not giving credit for landing Whitt for having a relationships, which every coach will say is the key to recruiting.

One could also argue Portis took a large jump after being under MA for a full off season.

Up 5pts and 2rebs per game

rzrbackramsfan

JT Tiller had huge jumps.  I'm thinking this year we're going to see some huge leaps made by players (Kingsley, Williams, Bell).

choppedporkextrasauce

Sometimes you read posts like this and shake your head

WBC Hog

I'm just being realistic and at the same time, trying not to bash on any of the Hog basketball players. I do think Mike Anderson swung and missed on the latter half of the recruiting season. Yeah, Whitt and Kapita were key spots filled but we needed 2 more guys to replace Portis and Qualls. To have SIX spots to fill next year will be tough.

King McClure
KeVaughn Allen
Danjel Purifoy
Melvin Frazier
Ebuka Izundu
Dikembe Dixson
Juwan Morgan
Kerry Blackshear
Malik Dime

I thought CMA was going to pull a miracle and bring in KA & Izundu but missed on both. Now, I'm pulling for him to land Justin Leon.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 01, 2015, 02:09:39 am
I'm just being realistic and at the same time, trying not to bash on any of the Hog basketball players. I do think Mike Anderson swung and missed on the latter half of the recruiting season. Yeah, Whitt and Kapita were key spots filled but we needed 2 more guys to replace Portis and Qualls. To have SIX spots to fill next year will be tough.

King McClure
KeVaughn Allen
Danjel Purifoy
Melvin Frazier
Ebuka Izundu
Dikembe Dixson
Juwan Morgan
Kerry Blackshear
Malik Dime

I thought CMA was going to pull a miracle and bring in KA & Izundu but missed on both. Now, I'm pulling for him to land Justin Leon.

Arkansas never was given a chance to re-recruit Allen because he kept his commitment to Florida. Dixson was never offered by Arkansas.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 01, 2015, 02:09:39 am

I wouldn't call Frazier or Dixon misses as it appears Frazier missed the grades and we didn't offer Dixon and canceled his visit.