Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just wondering when another verbal commitment (football) might occur?

Started by oldhawg, May 06, 2015, 05:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhawg

Following the spring football game, I thought there would be another verbal commitment or two by now.  Wonder what's up?

lefty08

We are on much higher rates athletes now than we are used to. Usually takes more time. Its gonna happen, just wait for it
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PaintballHog

I wouldn't start really worrying until our targets start committing to other schools.

Rockhawg

( IF ) we only have 18 schollies, imo, the staff will be very thorough in their evaluations of the remaining offers and acceptance. Imo, we will see more verbals after a couple of our summer camps, where the staff can get a closer look at the players. I think this will be an outstanding year for the Hogs in recruiting. Woo Pig

jcharkansas

Quote from: oldhawg on May 06, 2015, 05:28:51 pm
Following the spring football game, I thought there would be another verbal commitment or two by now.  Wonder what's up?
Yea I thought there would have been too.

tophawg19

We will have more than 18 by the time season ends. Some may be injuries, others may be invited walk always. I'd say we will likely have at least 23 by then
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Styflin

Quote from: Rockhawg on May 06, 2015, 06:46:19 pm
( IF ) we only have 18 schollies, imo, the staff will be very thorough in their evaluations of the remaining offers and acceptance. Imo, we will see more verbals after a couple of our summer camps, where the staff can get a closer look at the players. I think this will be an outstanding year for the Hogs in recruiting. Woo Pig

^^ This. We already have 5 commitments and we will sign 4-5 OL. That only leaves 8-9 spots left. They will be very selective. I would guess the number is closer to 20-21 but who knows how these players under suspension will react this summer.

oldhawg

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: oldhawg on May 17, 2015, 05:39:26 pm
Come and gone.  Must not be certain yet?  Or did I miss something?
I think he was being sarcastic because no one has a clue when the next commitment will be and since he gave an exact date and time, I took it as sarcasm.

redeye

Quote from: Rockhawg on May 06, 2015, 06:46:19 pm

That's what I think, also.  Our coaches are likely far more selective then some of us realize.  They don't care how  low/high a player is rated, because they do their own evaluations.  It all takes time.

hogville38

The Recruiting Guy

PaintballHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 18, 2015, 10:45:40 am
June will likely be a busy month.

With basketball recruiting ending as it did, hopefully June brings us good news on the football front.

Tusks

Quote from: hogville38 on May 17, 2015, 06:11:35 pm
Lol love the recruiting experts on hogville.

Me too.....but I love love love the recruiting experts in the football program more.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on May 17, 2015, 05:59:46 pm
I think he was being sarcastic because no one has a clue when the next commitment will be and since he gave an exact date and time, I took it as sarcasm.

Yes... I was playing Nostradumbass, though I would have rode a wave of false psychic karma and predicted the end of the world next...  ;)
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ricepig

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 18, 2015, 10:46:11 pm
Yes... I was playing Nostradumbass, though I would have rode a wave of false psychic karma and predicted the end of the world next...  ;)

It would have come true if you had written it in a quatrain.

HogWall Jackson

We are out in the Deeper Water seeking bigger fish now, it could take just a while longer than some of the lesser known talents. I look for some surprises this year may be a big time RB signs with us.

WriterWrong

Quote from: redeye on May 17, 2015, 06:00:46 pm
they do their own evaluations.  It all takes time.

The coaches should start giving recruits star ratings. That way, us fans know what's up when a guy commits to us or to someone else.  8)

The_Bionic_Pig

Not all verbal comittments are made public....just like every year .
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Slimac4

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on May 21, 2015, 10:35:46 pm
Not all verbal comittments are made public....just like every year .

Ahhhhh silent commit plot twist! Haha

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2015, 07:22:35 am
It would have come true if you had written it in a quatrain.

From the land of Sam Houston one bound to the red sea will break loose for the Aux Arc with 5 stars Sabam will cry in agony...