Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The`Mystery of Chris Daniels

Started by whosiskid, April 26, 2015, 03:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 30, 2015, 09:34:16 am
If you don't want to read other's opinions about everything Hogs then you're in the wrong place...nothing wrong with questioning the coaching staff, ever....in the end, our opinion doesn't matter (on most things) but it's certainly ok to give it
nothing wrong with questioning the coaching staff?  Tell that to WilsonHog and other jumpball forum mods.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on April 30, 2015, 09:48:26 am
nothing wrong with questioning the coaching staff?  Tell that to WilsonHog and other jumpball forum mods.
Don't care about WilsonHog (especially) or other Jumpball forum mods...I'm not saying I always agree with someone when they question the staff...heck, I love this staff at this point. I'm just saying question away. It's a message board for fans...it's what we do

theFlyingHog

Quote from: neahogfan180 on April 28, 2015, 09:42:26 pm
I'm gonna preface my next statement by saying that I am a believer in this staff and have high hopes for this team and our future.

The thought however, that anyone should not question or blindly follow a staff or HC that is 2-14 in conference play is laughable.
Yeah because us folks here on HV have all the sway with the coaches. If we say we want a player then dammit, they have to get him. Maybe it's just fun for you to second guess but a lot of these folks get too worked up over something none of us have any control over

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 30, 2015, 09:34:16 am
If you don't want to read other's opinions about everything Hogs then you're in the wrong place...nothing wrong with questioning the coaching staff, ever....in the end, our opinion doesn't matter (on most things) but it's certainly ok to give it 

Don't you think one should have just a little bit of knowledge before questioning anything?  Otherwise it's just an uninformed bitch session.  I've often wondered why message boards weren't originally called opinion boards. 

trashcan maN

Quote from: texas tush hog on April 27, 2015, 08:32:48 pm
Agim is no better than 50-50 at this point. He is not really an Arkansas boy and is leaning to OU and a few Texas schools at this point so don't get your hopes too high.
He was close to committing to us last weekend. You're just making **** up.

I think he will be a Hog commit before fall classes start.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 30, 2015, 12:43:26 pm
I've often wondered why message boards weren't originally called opinion boards. 
That's deep, bruh. I'd like to know what else goes on in that brain of yours. ;)

neahogfan180

PaintballHog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 30, 2015, 07:18:18 am
I don't remember anybody stating that they are blindly following the coaching staff. If they have then please provide the post.  But, based on LIMITED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND EXPERTISE, how can any message board poster question how this staff recruits and the reasons behind it? 

Isn't that like telling your heart surgeon how to perform your surgery even through you flunked the only biology course you ever took?

As I said before, for our staff to be right on Daniels, alot of other coaching staffs at top schools have to be wrong, one being the defending national champs.

If your heart surgeon doesn't want to do something in your surgery, but 14 other, some more successful, heart surgeons thinks the thing should be done, you don't think that's something worth discussing?

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 30, 2015, 02:00:32 pm
As I said before, for our staff to be right on Daniels, alot of other coaching staffs at top schools have to be wrong, one being the defending national champs.

If your heart surgeon doesn't want to do something in your surgery, but 14 other, some more successful, heart surgeons thinks the thing should be done, you don't think that's something worth discussing?

Depends, do you have blockage, or a valve problem?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on April 30, 2015, 07:18:18 am
I don't remember anybody stating that they are blindly following the coaching staff. If they have then please provide the post.  But, based on LIMITED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND EXPERTISE, how can any message board poster question how this staff recruits and the reasons behind it? 

Isn't that like telling your heart surgeon how to perform your surgery even through you flunked the only biology course you ever took? 
I am not sure if you are clear on the purpose of message boards or how they actually work.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WorfHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 01, 2015, 10:35:39 am
I am not sure if you are clear on the purpose of message boards or how they actually work.

To be fair, some people just use the boards for information and rational discussion. Not irrational speculation and anxiety venting.

PaintballHog

Quote from: WorfHog on May 01, 2015, 02:38:32 pm
To be fair, some people just use the boards for information and rational discussion. Not irrational speculation and anxiety venting.

Is there anything irrational said in this thread?

870hogfan

Pig in the Pokey

and ten days later, there he is!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PaintballHog

OP you're not a coach, that's why you don't need to ask. Just cheer on every move the staff makes and never try to have a discussion. Discussion boards are not for discussions!

(sarcasm)

Glad we're finally going after this kid. He seems to be a big time talent. Hope he gets an offer soon. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 12, 2015, 07:56:51 am
OP you're not a coach, that's why you don't need to ask. Just cheer on every move the staff makes and never try to have a discussion. Discussion boards are not for discussions!

(sarcasm)

Glad we're finally going after this kid. He seems to be a big time talent. Hope he gets an offer soon.
I for one give all the credit to OP. Good job Huds_Hog
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on April 27, 2015, 08:09:58 pm
Yeah Jack wore #7 right?

Best player to ever come out of Tennessee... I heard people would get smashed sour by him...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 12, 2015, 09:31:09 pm
Best player to ever come out of Tennessee... I heard people would get smashed sour by him...
I heard anyone who ever finished the game against him was either staggering, or more often than not, had to be carried off the field.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 30, 2015, 09:32:15 am
no one was wrong about his talent

Recruiting is more than just about talent.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 14, 2015, 01:17:05 pm
Recruiting is more than just about talent.........................

no question...never said otherwise

Shorttimer

Quote from: PaintballHog on May 12, 2015, 07:56:51 am

I know his visit was postponed by the coaching staff, but I'm not sure that equates to not going after him.  I know we've remained in contact with him throughout.  There have been a lot of assumptions here on both sides based on the delay of his visit.  It's quite possible that we haven't backed off and that there are no red flags. 

Tusks

HV has done it again.  Bring a recruit right to the door step of CBB. 

You can't stop Hogville and you can't even try to contain Hogville.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

whosiskid

Quote from: tusked on May 14, 2015, 05:13:26 pm
HV has done it again.  Bring a recruit right to the door step of CBB. 

You can't stop Hogville and you can't even try to contain Hogville.
Hasn't HV been officially designated a force of nature?
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Hoggish1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 27, 2015, 07:12:27 am
It blows MY mind why fans on a message board get their mind blown over questions of WHY someone does or doesn't get an offer.

Exactly.

If seems by now that most one  here would trust our coaches to do what's best for the program they are responsible for.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hoggish1 on June 05, 2015, 05:36:11 am
Exactly.

If seems by now that most one  here would trust our coaches to do what's best for the program they are responsible for.

good grief...stop...its ok to get off your knees for this (or ANY) staff every now and then...its ok to questions decisions whether they be on the field or off...this is a message board meant for fan discussion....loosen up, have a little fun with it

Hoggish1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 27, 2015, 07:12:27 am
It blows MY mind why fans on a message board get their mind blown over questions of WHY someone does or doesn't get an offer.

Exactly.

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 28, 2015, 08:54:25 am
We have all seen 4 & 5 star talent that don't live up to the hype or won't fit the system.  Barnett from last year comes to mind.  Physical attributes get you in the door but there are so many intangibles that separate one kid from another.