Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any idea if WM golf course will be available for tailgating at Red White game?

Started by hobhog, February 11, 2018, 11:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

I think it will be a record attendance and hoping they do. Otherwise parking will be a complete cluster.

Not allowing tailgating would be a real missed opportunity......IMO

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hobhog on February 11, 2018, 11:04:42 am
I think it will be a record attendance and hoping they do. Otherwise parking will be a complete cluster.

Not allowing tailgating would be a real missed opportunity......IMO
While I've done my fair share of tailgating over the years at both WMS and DWRRS, if that aspect of the day's activities is what really "gets your juices flowing" then I respectfully suggest you might want to make other plans. The point is that whether there is or isn't, tailgating ISN't the primary reason for the practice game being played in LR this year.

And as far as parking being a complete "cluster" as you say, whether there is or isn't tailgating I suspect it will be challenging under any circumstances. However, look at it this way: IF there isn't there very likely won't be as many folks attending merely by virtue of that very fact. It's true the golf course will likely not be in available, however, much of that parking is filled by those who do the pre/post game partying. So IMO it's pretty much a wash.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 12:12:18 pm
While I've done my fair share of tailgating over the years at both WMS and DWRRS, if that aspect of the day's activities is what really "gets your juices flowing" then I respectfully suggest you might want to make other plans. The point is that whether there is or isn't, tailgating ISN't the primary reason for the practice game being played in LR this year.

And as far as parking being a complete "cluster" as you say, whether there is or isn't tailgating I suspect it will be challenging under any circumstances. However, look at it this way: IF there isn't there very likely won't be as many folks attending merely by virtue of that very fact. It's true the golf course will likely not be in available, however, much of that parking is filled by those who do the pre/post game partying. So IMO it's pretty much a wash.
Post less

hobhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 12:12:18 pm

Wow. Have you been to a spring game in the past 20 years? The program pretty much makes a festival of the day and it will be televised nationally on sec network. Having a huge tailgating event would do lots to encourage attendance and show great support. And without the golf course I'd like to know where 40,000 are going to park.

But you apparently are above all that so.....

Vantage 8 dude

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hobhog on February 11, 2018, 12:55:43 pm
Wow. Have you been to a spring game in the past 20 years? The program pretty much makes a festival of the day and it will be televised nationally on sec network. Having a huge tailgating event would do lots to encourage attendance and show great support. And without the golf course I'd like to know where 40,000 are going to park.

But you apparently are above all that so.....
As I said: I've done far more than my fair share of tail gaiting over the years. And still do...however, as I also pointed out whether or not the coarse is open for this purpose should be irrelevant in the end. The main purpose of the event is to watch the Hogs scrimmage, with or without the suds and other such.....And as far as where they put all the vehicles I have a feeling that will be worked out, whether or not the golf coarse comes into play. However, fear not.....I have a strong hunch that the "city fathers" and the university will make such available for those who want to party(or not).

One last thing. I've been to several spring games over the past ten years. And while I realize it is a time for celebrating and drawing fan enthusiasm, it also doesn't have to necessarily entail tail gaiting. It all depends on how and why the fan(s) want to participate. I've observed there are a lot of activities made available to participants that don't necessarily involve such. Besides, I've never said I hate or otherwise look down on revelers. I merely pointed out the game should be supported whether or not one wants to engage in "extracurricular" activities before and/or after the game.

Gonzo

RME

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 01:16:47 pm
As I said: I've done far more than my fair share of tail gaiting over the years. And still do...however, as I also pointed out whether or not the coarse is open for this purpose should be irrelevant in the end. The main purpose of the event is to watch the Hogs scrimmage, with or without the suds and other such.....And as far as where they put all the vehicles I have a feeling that will be worked out, whether or not the golf coarse comes into play. However, fear not.....I have a strong hunch that the "city fathers" and the university will make such available for those who want to party or not.

Coarse --- much like your attitude toward the relatively innocent original post.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Gonzo on February 11, 2018, 01:18:56 pm
I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning

Go Hogs!
Smells like hypocrisy...  Oh, and Charlie doesn't surf.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 11, 2018, 01:23:12 pm
Coarse --- much like your attitude toward the relatively innocent original post.
Well as they say "Beauty (or not) is in the eye of the beholder". Or "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Besides, why should you be so offended? I've never personally attacked or otherwise addressed you.

RME

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 01:26:31 pm
Well as they say "Beauty (or not) is in the eye of the beholder". Or "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Besides, why should you be so offended? I've never personally attacked or otherwise addressed you.

Offended? Making an observation doesn't mean I'm "offended."

Carry on.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Gonzo on February 11, 2018, 01:18:56 pm
I love the smell of sanctimony in the morning

Go Hogs!
Did I state an untruth or otherwise "put down" someone who wants to tailgate? I didn't call anyone out as being a "drunk", "obnoxious" or otherwise make a disparaging remark about such. I merely pointed out that there are many ways to celebrate even above and beyond tailgaiting.....which is true. And whether or not such facilities and activities are made available for the WMS spring game shouldn't stop fans from attending.  Perhaps I stated it in a manner that offended; judging by the response by some I obviously did. For that I apologize to any/all that took it that way. Having said that, however, the point still stands.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 11, 2018, 01:29:29 pm
Offended? Making an observation doesn't mean I'm "offended."

Carry on.
Offense is seen in many ways. Heck, just look at the outcry over my original response and it's obvious some are. And for that I've offered a sincere apology as it was not my intention.

Gonzo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 01:32:50 pm
Did I state an untruth or otherwise "put down" someone who wants to tailgate? I didn't call anyone out as being a "drunk", "obnoxious" or otherwise make a disparaging remark about such. I merely pointed out that there are many ways to celebrate even above and beyond tailgaiting.....which is true. And whether or not such facilities and activities are made available for the WMS spring game shouldn't stop fans from attending.  Perhaps I stated it in a manner that offended; judging by the response by some I obviously did. For that I apologize to any/all that took it that way. Having said that, however, the point still stands.

Bottom line, yeah, you did, but you knew that already. Others' reactions to it didn't just materialize from thin air.

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 01:26:31 pm

I guess your advice to RME is only for others, not yourself. No named subject in the post to which you responded. What was that other word OneTusk mentioned?

You have nice day now.

Go Hogs!

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 11, 2018, 12:19:28 pm
This thread is incomplete and meaningless unless Twist stops by with his culinary ideas....the man is a food genius!
Could be the perfect opportunity for a food truck challenge.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Gonzo on February 11, 2018, 01:52:33 pm
Bottom line, yeah, you did, but you knew that already. Others' reactions to it didn't just materialize from thin air.

I guess your advice to RME is only for others, not yourself. No named subject in the post to which you responded. What was that other word OneTusk mentioned?

You have nice day now.

Go Hogs!
One final thought in response to your own.

I offered an apology as my original comments obviously offended some; however, this was NOT my intent, now or then. I've also offered an explanation as to why I believe tail gaiting activity is NOT totally necessary in order to celebrate the spring game.  Yes, some like to do so (as have I in the past and hope to in the future). However, other activities are also available. Just my opinion/observation. However, having offered my sincere regrets there's really nothing more I can do at this point. Either one accepts my "falling on the sword" for such or not...either way I can't control anyone else's response and neither, unlike you, can I read minds or someone's intent. 

bphi11ips

The golf course was used for parking long before tailgating became popular.  Doesn't seem like there's any reason it wouldn't be for the Spring game. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 11, 2018, 02:47:00 pm
The golf course was used for parking long before tailgating became popular.  Doesn't seem like there's any reason it wouldn't be for the Spring game.

Gotta look at it from the golf course owner's perspective though. Will they make more money from the tailgating or from having it open for golfing? Also gotta remember the damage that will occur to the course. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not open, and I won't be surprised if it is.

hobhog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 11, 2018, 03:04:28 pm
Gotta look at it from the golf course owner's perspective though. Will they make more money from the tailgating or from having it open for golfing? Also gotta remember the damage that will occur to the course. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not open, and I won't be surprised if it is.

City owns the course. They would make lots more charging cars than golfers. And that course has been thru hell and back as far as damage goes. It can handle it.

i think the only reason they wouldn't do it would be from underestimating crowd size.

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on February 11, 2018, 03:12:53 pm
City owns the course. They would make lots more charging cars than golfers. And that course has been thru hell and back as far as damage goes. It can handle it.

i think the only reason they wouldn't do it would be from underestimating crowd size.

Where do they park everyone for the Salt Bowl, is there enough parking for the 30,000 for it in the normal spots?

Vantage 8 dude

It's my understanding that most, if not all, of the parking are the areas around the stadium itself-not necessarily the golf coarse.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

factchecker

It should be.  It'd be pretty cool to have a rocking atmosphere for the spring game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS