Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brady busted!

Started by hogville38, May 11, 2015, 04:45:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Deflating footballs > beating women per Roger Goodell

Dr. Starcs

^^^

Really?  So how many games did Ray Rice play last year?

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 02, 2015, 05:12:12 pm
^^^

Really?  So how many games did Ray Rice play last year?

It was going to be 14 out of 16 games played until the video was released.

Dr. Starcs

And Greg hardy got 10 games with no video and no conviction.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 02, 2015, 05:51:01 pm
And Greg hardy got 10 games with no video and no conviction.

He was actually convicted in court and ultimately will only serve 4 games.  The speculation was that there wasn't going to be a suspension for Hardy if the Ray Rice situation had never happened.  He almost played against the Lions.  Maybe Goodell was putting pressure on behind the scenes.  Behind the scenes for that kind of crime yet tons of public action against the great deflater.

Dr. Starcs

He was convicted, appealed and then the charges were dropped.

clutch

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 02, 2015, 06:21:05 pm
He was actually convicted in court and ultimately will only serve 4 games.  The speculation was that there wasn't going to be a suspension for Hardy if the Ray Rice situation had never happened.  He almost played against the Lions.  Maybe Goodell was putting pressure on behind the scenes.  Behind the scenes for that kind of crime yet tons of public action against the great deflater.

Didn't they actually drop it to 2 games after the initial 4 game suspension? Then the video came out and the Ravens cut ties with him is what I thought happened. For some reason I was thinking the suspension got dropped but that no team would have him.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on August 02, 2015, 06:28:07 pm
He was convicted, appealed and then the charges were dropped.

the charges were dropped because he appealed for a jury trial and the victim decided she didn't want to go through another trial process again

Quote from: clutch on August 02, 2015, 06:30:28 pm
Didn't they actually drop it to 2 games after the initial 4 game suspension? Then the video came out and the Ravens cut ties with him is what I thought happened. For some reason I was thinking the suspension got dropped but that no team would have him.

Rice was suspended 2 games.  The Ravens released him after the video came out and THEN Goodell suspended him indefinitely.  Rice appealed and was re-instated sometime in November but nobody would touch him at that point.

EastexHawg

Brady and the Patriots were altering the football so they could handle it better and not commit turnovers...and ultimately increase their chances of winning games.  It worked because in recent years their frequency of fumbling is so far below everyone else in the league that the odds of it being chance or coincidence are astronomical.

They tried to obtain a competitive advantage through cheating, they got caught, they lied about it and tried to cover up evidence of what they had done, and now they are paying the price.  I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about any of that and I'm not the least bit sorry for them.

hog.goblin

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 02, 2015, 07:52:16 pm
Brady and the Patriots were altering the football so they could handle it better and not commit turnovers...and ultimately increase their chances of winning games.  It worked because in recent years their frequency of fumbling is so far below everyone else in the league that the odds of it being chance or coincidence are astronomical.

They tried to obtain a competitive advantage through cheating, they got caught, they lied about it and tried to cover up evidence of what they had done, and now they are paying the price.  I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about any of that and I'm not the least bit sorry for them.

Because all the NFL had to do was to tell the Patriots to stop doing it.  Instead they made a whole sting operation/production out of it.  The NFL created their own drama and that's what bugs me.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Brady or the Patriots.  I just think Goodell is worse.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: clutch on August 02, 2015, 03:02:36 pm
Me either. Especially if I was someone as high profile as Tom Brady. There's not a chance in hell that it would be kept quiet if he had some dirt unrelated to deflategate on his phone. Maybe he didn't want to end up in a Tiger Woods situation or something.

This whole thing still seems like a Brady witch hunt though. They were bound and determined to punish him. I think mainly to punish the Patriots for their repeat scandals. Doesn't seem right to me that Brady gets the brute of the punishment though and an unprecedented punishment when it's his first actual time being suspected of something.

I also don't like how they can punish someone based on a "more than likely" scenario. That seems to open up some floodgates that are best left closed.

I'm not a patriots fan so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but it doesn't seem quite right to me.

It's much ado about nothing. I am a Pats fan and have been since the late '70s, but I wouldn't think anything of it if it were any other quarterback in the league. It's trivial nonsense blown out of all proportion.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 02, 2015, 07:52:16 pm

What's wrong with it is that they are punishing a man based on a more likely than not scenario. They never had any actual proof that Brady had anything to do with it. They decided to make an example of him though and give him an unprecedented suspension for the crime. Seems kind if harsh for a first time offender, and that's if he even knew. I'm sure he did, but not sure enough based off of the facts that I feel a 4 game suspension is justified. They punished the team already. Why single out one man too when you don't necessarily have any proof that he had anything to do with it?

Just seems a little blown out of proportion to me. There's much worse stuff going on that deserves suspensions that players are getting by with.

And no, cheating to win a GAME is not worse than knocking a woman unconscious.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on August 03, 2015, 07:42:31 am
This will help Brady's court case:
http://nesn.com/2015/08/nfl-official-footballs-known-to-have-leaks-right-out-of-the-box/

So the Patriots just happened to get the leaking footballs?  Something like 11 out of 12?

Yeah, seems likely to me.

Didn't Brady claim he hadn't talked to the ball boy, but later phone records or something proved he had? 

Dr. Starcs

And the ball boy's nickname was "The Deflater", but only because he had lost a lot of weight.

pigture perfect

Lying to your boss usually gets you into trouble.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

It's gettin' ugly for Goodell and the league. They flat out mislead, misrepresented and never even proved the balls were deflated. Only one of 12 was 2 lbs low, not the 11 of 12 they leaked to ESPN and other media. As the article states, they were biased from the get go.

"From the start, deflate-gate has been about winning in the court of public opinion because the league was never able to unearth much evidence. Scientifically it's still debatable that the footballs were even deflated."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell--nfl-could-get-favorable-deflate-gate-ruling-yet-still-lose-010959640.html

k.c.hawg

Hope those cheating bastards have to do without Brady for all four games. Systematic cheating in that organization.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

pigture perfect

While I have no doubt that under inflated balls made any difference in the Indy playoff game, I don't doubt one bit that NE has hidden evidence and has manipulated rules and even broke some as well. I hope Brady is benched all 4 games.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hog.goblin

This was a win-win situation.  If Goodell had won it's ok because Brady probably cheated and 4 games isn't season changing for the Pats.

With Brady winning it shows dictator Roger that he is no dictator.  I hate unbridled authority more than the Pats so this is a good day.

TomasPistola

Roger sucks. If he'd fined the hell outta the Pats and suspended Brady for a game this would have been over months ago.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.