Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knile probably not returning

Started by HogNiner12, November 23, 2012, 06:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

If he doesn't come back, what other options are there for him?  Only thing I can see is if he stays and falls further down the depth chart it could hurt him even more.

In my mind his only chance is if someone takes him strictly off of potential. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Twain

I he decides to enter the draft, I would expect him to be an undrafted free agent that might or might not sign.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

theregoestalley

if he comes back I'd expect him to lose out to Williams in the battle for #1 RB. his big name (not his play or anything he did himself) cost us the ULM and Rutgers game when our coaches inexplicably continued to run him instead of the demonstrably superior Dennis. then yesterday probably the same thing, we had one of the best backs in the SEC for 4 years and used DJ about as poorly as possible. 2 different coaching staffs too continued to run Knile Davis, Broderick Green, Ronnie Wingo a lot instead of feeding DJ. I will never understand that

MRPRFCT

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 24, 2012, 09:42:57 am
Knile needs to come back and show that he is the same RB he was before his injury.

And if he gets injured again? Bye bye any chance at the NFL.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: MRPRFCT on November 24, 2012, 12:42:18 pm

Yep 50 of this and 50 of that Maybe his best option to go NFL now
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

ss1000

He needs to come back and make sure he gets his degree. Hes not ready for pro football.
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

MRPRFCT

Quote from: ss1000 on November 24, 2012, 12:51:02 pm
He needs to come back and make sure he gets his degree. Hes not ready for pro football.

Projecting much?

latrops

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 11:29:55 am
If he doesn't come back, what other options are there for him?  Only thing I can see is if he stays and falls further down the depth chart it could hurt him even more.

In my mind his only chance is if someone takes him strictly off of potential.

The thing is, guys don't typically give up a year of eligibility to gamble on the likelihood that they are a late round pick.  The overwhelming majority of the time, players that leave early do so because they are very likely to be a first or second round pick.

latrops

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 24, 2012, 11:19:27 am
RB is one of the easiest positions to transition to the pros. He'll be a mid round draft pick. Pretty sure he'll graduate in 2013. Why come back and risk injury?

A first round pick gets 6 million plus in guaranteed money.  A 4th rd pick gets about 500 thousand in guaranteed money.  If he believes that he can have a 2010 type season next year, he has millions of reasons to come back and risk injury.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rightdp on November 23, 2012, 11:14:24 pm
Knile will definitely not be back next season. I was told this tonight by a coach.
what's his former coach got to do with it?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Letsroll1200

I think Knile will take the money and run! Running backs are no longer drafted as high as they use to be. The league is a passing league now. The days of E.Smith, B. Sanders, J. Bettis, M. Faulk, etc ... are over right now. Foster of Houston went undrafted but he is one of the best in the league right now.

passinghog

Again...he's on track to graduate in 2013 so that won't be a problem. Almost positive yesterday was his last day in a razorback uniform.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Showtimehog on November 24, 2012, 06:45:25 pm
Again...he's on track to graduate in 2013 so that won't be a problem. Almost positive yesterday was his last day in a razorback uniform.

go for your masters knile.  come back and have a positive last year under a real coaching staff.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

tophawg19

as i read the tweet he just said jwill , knile , wingo and johnson wouldn't play together again and that he didn't know what knile was going to do . wingo and johnson are gone and that he wasn't sure about knile. i'm not good at reading tweets though
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

prairiehogcompanion

If Knile goes to NFL now, he'll go late in the draft. Returning next year is a no brainer. Only downside is injury, which is true of every player no matter the class.

Plus, getting a degree (if that's attainable for him) is maybe the safest thing a guy in his shoes could do. 

HogSophist

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

HogSophist

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on November 24, 2012, 07:37:34 pm
Sophist.. good evening.  Do you think Knile will be very effective in the NFL or even drafted highly???

And too you as well.

I don't think he will get drafted, but has the potential to play at the next level.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogansas on November 24, 2012, 07:50:33 am
Don't know who Smalls is, but he's killing me.

On that note, unless he's just tired of being hurt or doesn't want to endure a 3rd new head coach in 3 years, I believe Knile will be back.

8)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

I think Knile will likely go very late, or be undrafted.  Even with that, I think he needs to make his run at the NFL now rather than come back, which is not how I felt even a few weeks ago.  The O-line won't be better next year, and if he gets injured again, then his prospects for even getting looks as a possible free agent will probably dry up. 

Think about all of the RB's you see in the NFL that you never even heard of in college.  There is reason to believe that he could catch on somewhere in the right circumstances. 

I think we'll be fine there with Williams, and I wish Knile the best of luck.  If he comes back, then that's even better, but I will be surprised if he risks another injury. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

iluvmyslute89

the selfish me wants him to come back and go beast mode and win the heisman next year. the wise me wants him to go get paid and start his pro career. the only way i see him coming back is to win a nc or play for the heisman.. he should go pro. i pray he goes on to be one of the greats and makes all u hatin ass dudes eat your words.

311Hog

i feel real bad for Knile actually because i dont think there is a right choice for him.  He leaves now i doubt very much he gets drafted considering his resume and how the NFL feels about RB's especially ones with injury issues, but he could latch on with one team because it only takes one and return to form.

or he can come back and potentially not get the carries because of younger guys in the backfield.  at times this year he has shown flashes but i just dont think he is mentally all the way back or it could have something to do with our terrible Oline, injured FB's, coaching situation etc.  I honestly cant blame him for having mental issues considering how bad his injury was and his previous injury issues hell im proud he has gotten back to where he has.

all that said i sort of hope he returns, give new coach another weapon

Fayettechill14

If he leaves I'm happy for him that he had a solid final game as a Hog.

Hopefully he returns. Regardless of what offense we run, he could be the "thunder" back to complement J-Will as "lightning." An offense like Briles' or Gundy's love those inside-outside zone runs with different styles of RB.

TMc

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2012, 07:23:59 pm
Smart.  He made it through this year and is healthy.  He ran hard and showed he's got worth.  Work hard in the off season and do what's needed to secure a spot at the next level is my advice.

He ran hard during the LSU game..., - didn't see it any other time.

B501

knile is gone. why else would the coaches give him so much playing time against LSU?

ridgehog88

I hope he returns.  We will need as much experience and bodies as we can get in the backfield next year.  I think we have seen that having just one feature back in the SEC is a recipe for disaster.  Look at how many injuries both Dennis and Knile have had the last couple of years.

Pork Twain

Quote from: MRPRFCT on November 24, 2012, 12:42:18 pm
Knowing his injury history, why would any team take a risk on him unless heshowed he could stay healthy and return to form?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

three hog night

Quote from: 311Hog on November 25, 2012, 02:11:53 am
i feel real bad for Knile actually because i dont think there is a right choice for him.  He leaves now i doubt very much he gets drafted considering his resume and how the NFL feels about RB's especially ones with injury issues, but he could latch on with one team because it only takes one and return to form.

or he can come back and potentially not get the carries because of younger guys in the backfield.  at times this year he has shown flashes but i just dont think he is mentally all the way back or it could have something to do with our terrible Oline, injured FB's, coaching situation etc.  I honestly cant blame him for having mental issues considering how bad his injury was and his previous injury issues hell im proud he has gotten back to where he has.

all that said i sort of hope he returns, give new coach another weapon

My thoughts exactly.   Knile was a great player for us.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 23, 2012, 09:14:07 pm
What game were watching?  Knife fumbled twice today. He got lucky when the officials called forward progress stopped on one of them.
because forward progress was stopped, why is that lucky?  same shiite was called in bama's favor when we got a fumble off of them....at least I think it was bama.

PP

code red

I hate it for him...and let me preface this statment by saying...he showed unbelievable courage coming back this year.  But, IMO he is shying away from contact and his fumble to carry ratio is very high.  I doubt he has a shot at a decent draft pick in the NFL.  In addition, IDK how much he will be missed by the Hogs if he decides to leave?????  With Jonathan..he may get beat out anyway.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

phadedhawg

How will we replace those 15 yards a game?