Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T J Tweet

Started by Porked Tongue, March 31, 2017, 10:19:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhogfan4

HawgnCorona

An upcoming opportunity for him in the making?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

azhog10

Saw TJ today at the final four Coaches Convention. I spoke to him but didn't ask about him getting a head job somewhere. Also saw Coach watkins and Coach Zimmerman.

PorkRinds

Would we bring in todd Day?

Hogs run wild

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 01, 2017, 09:51:40 am
Would we bring in todd Day?
man i hope so. he would bring some fire.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

(notOM)Rebel123

Maybe he had the wrong hotel room?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rzrbackramsfan

I think it's just a motivational quote.

skinnypig

Trying to find open bathroom stall?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 01, 2017, 01:30:27 pm
Not one for cryptic tweet reading, but Can't You Hear Me Knocking by the Stones popped in my head after reading, so that's cool

Yeah, you got...cocaine eyes.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TNhawgfan

If he does get another job, best of luck to him. I still remember him helping us win our only conference tournament title
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogs run wild on April 01, 2017, 09:59:48 am
man i hope so. he would bring some fire.

Heaven forbid we step outside of 1990's hogs to find coaches.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

East TN HAWG

I think Scotty is working out just fine.  If Todd could recruit Memphis, he would work out fine too.  90s is good.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2017, 08:04:08 pm
Aw hell, here he goes ::). We've done that twice already since Nolan. So don't act like we haven't.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

azhog10

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 10, 2017, 03:30:19 pm
Aw hell, here he goes ::). We've done that twice already since Nolan. So don't act like we haven't.
Not just that but look at just about any top team in the country and you find the coaches hire former players. It's really not that surprising.

Danny J

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2017, 03:51:52 pm
Not just that but look at just about any top team in the country and you find the coaches hire former players. It's really not that surprising.
Yep...Duke and ND come to mind

Pancetta

Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Ironhawg

The ORU opening kind of surprised me.  Sutton has had a rough couple of years, especially this last season, but he has always bounced back for them.  Guess they thought it was time for new blood.

Pork Twain

Haven't we already done that?  Heaven forbid we take advantage to some guys that have ties to the greatest period in Razorback's basketball history
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hollywood_HOGan45

Stan Heath and John Pelphrey were awesome.

hogsanity

I'm talking about right now for this staff. Maybe get some one that today's recruits might know a little more about if you are going to go the ex-player route. I mean We already have Mayberry and Thurman. Lets just get rid of anyone that was not on the 90 or 94 teams and just replace them with guys that were on those teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on April 11, 2017, 08:27:35 am
I'm talking about right now for this staff. Maybe get some one that today's recruits might know a little more about if you are going to go the ex-player route. I mean We already have Mayberry and Thurman. Lets just get rid of anyone that was not on the 90 or 94 teams and just replace them with guys that were on those teams.

I'm ready for Manny Watkins on the staff as early as tomorrow. I think he could be a great coach and a great recruiter.

wavybone

First step with Manny is for him to be a GA. Think there's a good chance that will happen.

Hawg Red

Quote from: wavybone on April 11, 2017, 09:06:22 am
First step with Manny is for him to be a GA. Think there's a good chance that will happen.

I hope he's able to play pro ball on some level for a few years if he wants to.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2017, 03:51:52 pm

Quote from: Danny J on April 10, 2017, 05:18:19 pm
Yep...Duke and ND come to mind

Yes, but they do not become lifers at that school. They get experience and move on as Hc's somewhere. They also do not bring them in for their 1st college coaching job as 40+ yr olds either.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: wavybone on April 11, 2017, 09:06:22 am
I don't think that will happen.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 11, 2017, 10:54:39 am
Yes, but they do not become lifers at that school. They get experience and move on as Hc's somewhere. They also do not bring them in for their 1st college coaching job as 40+ yr olds either.
Look at Duke's assistants......outside of Capel he has Nate James (former player no other experience elsewhere), Jon Scheyer (former player no other experience elsewhere) and Nolan Smith (former player no other experience).

Kansas, while they don't have many players they have a lot of lifers as assistant coaches outside of their lead assistant (much like arkansas). He also has two coaches (Director of Ops and Video Coord) that are former players.

I could go on and on. Again, you see a lot of successful coaches hire former players, people that have been around that system. You typically see, as in our case as well, where the Associate Head Coach has prior head coaching experience and in some cases hadn't coached with you prior. That's the case with Coach Watkins.

jbhogfan4

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 11, 2017, 02:56:00 pm
I don't think that will happen.

Are you still of the belief that there will be some change on the coaching staff this offseason?

Atlhogfan1

Duke's assistants get power conference head coaching jobs.  Now they may get canned eventually and come back.  But that is a coaching tree.  Pitino has a tree.  We have a skinny shrub that was heading to being a tumbleweed in early Feb. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on April 13, 2017, 05:48:14 pm
Are you still of the belief that there will be some change on the coaching staff this offseason?
Besides Mayberry and his possible replacement, there might just one more.  Each opening across the country creates a ripple effect. :)

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*